• Total voters

Hoshi

Speedy Wing Rush Gonzales
Aug 4, 2017
meow meow
youtube.com
Pronouns
She/Her
Heya! I'll keep this as short as possible by getting straight to the point.

I've come to notice that sometimes it takes a while for games to fill up after a certain amount of players have already joined the game. My suggestion is to allow the game start timer to decrease based on the amount of players that are already in the game. An idea would be to halve the timer when at least 80% (rounded up) of the maximum player slots is filled. For example, when a game of max. 12 players reaches 10/12 (9.6 rounded up) players, a minute-long timer would be reduced to 30 seconds.

This would allow games to start faster - and have players waiting less when the lobby is only missing one or two players - while still allowing the leftover slots to be filled at any given time.

Pros:
- Players have to wait less to play their favourite games;
- Slots can always be filled during the remaining timer;
- Games start faster, so they will finish faster too, allowing the following games to also start faster.

Cons:
- Games may not reach their max. players more often.

Feel free to let me know your thoughts on this, including whether or not the proposed 80% is enough.

Loskol

Aug 30, 2023
Finland
This is really good idea for solo gamemodes. But I think that it wouldn't be good idea to add this to Team Eggwars though, because some teams might end up being smaller than others if the game doesn't start with full lobby.

Hoshi

Speedy Wing Rush Gonzales
Aug 4, 2017
meow meow
youtube.com
Pronouns
She/Her
This is really good idea for solo gamemodes. But I think that it wouldn't be good idea to add this to Team Eggwars though, because some teams might end up being smaller than others if the game doesn't start with full lobby.
That's a very good point honestly. I thought of this suggestion mostly with solo games in mind since both SkyWars and Lucky Islands are only available solo on Java.

Team EggWars does usually fill up pretty fast though, so I doubt it would be much of an issue either way.

Reactions: Loskol

Dualninja

Dedicated Member
Feb 9, 2021
Éire
Pronouns
She/Her
I don't know why Asian servers are even a thing on Java

I expect none even open besides in FFA
They're there because it's cheap enough to keep some of them open. Because Java and Bedrock share the same server hosts and the code is very closely integrated between Java and Bedrock. So they keep a few open on Java.

Reactions: Matriox

Ferrcho

Jun 24, 2019
Spain
Absolutely! I'm totally in favor of this idea. Reducing the game start timer when the majority of slots are filled makes a lot of sense. It minimizes waiting time for players and ensures games start promptly without compromising the player count. Overall, it's a win-win situation for everyone involved.

+1.

Last edited:

Aveezz The OG

Novice Member
Jul 22, 2020
Denmark

I've come to notice that sometimes it takes a while for games to fill up after a certain amount of players have already joined the game. My suggestion is to allow the game start timer to decrease based on the amount of players that are already in the game. An idea would be to halve the timer when at least 80% (rounded up) of the maximum player slots is filled. For example, when a game of max. 12 players reaches 10/12 (9.6 rounded up) players, a minute-long timer would be reduced to 30 seconds.

This would allow games to start faster - and have players waiting less when the lobby is only missing one or two players - while still allowing the leftover slots to be filled at any given time.

Pros:
- Games start faster, so they will finish faster too, allowing the following games to also start faster.

Cons:

Feel free to let me know your thoughts on this, including whether or not the proposed 80% is enough.
I think overall, especially for bedrock it would work great with their playerbase, and for sweats who try to grind wins alot it would also be a plus.
On the downside, half filled games due to Java's ever falling playerbase would also be less enjoyable for the average user in my opinion, or except in a far-fetch for content creators having to do videos with half filled games could in one sense or another, provide half the content.

Matriox

Forum Expert
Jun 15, 2020
Ireland
discord.gg
Pronouns
He/Him
Bedrock doesn't really have a problem with games not filling though

In line with the tag of this thread this should only be implemented on Java as it's just not needed on Bedrock

Also re "half filled games due to Java's ever falling playerbase would also be less enjoyable for the average user":
I would dispute that. It looks a lot worst when games don't even start due to no players than if a game started with half the players. If i go on a server and the game doesn't fill up within 2 minutes; I'm not waiting around, I'm finding another server as quite frankly, that server would be considered "dead" to me.
I think overall, especially for bedrock it would work great with their playerbase, and for sweats who try to grind wins alot it would also be a plus.
On the downside, half filled games due to Java's ever falling playerbase would also be less enjoyable for the average user in my opinion, or except in a far-fetch for content creators having to do videos with half filled games could in one sense or another, provide half the content.

Reactions: Hoshi and Loskol

Aratic

Dec 30, 2022
that orange tree
www.youtube.com
Pronouns
He/Him

Pros:

Cons:

This is a good idea, just a lot of public testing will be needed to get it right. This is also right in cubecrafts wheel house!

Reactions: Hoshi

asqsk

Novice Member
Apr 16, 2023
Pronouns
He/Him

Pros:

Cons:

I agree with this new system. It will benefit us very much, especially during times when Cubecraft has a small number of players.

Reactions: Hoshi
Members Online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on WorriedSkate940's profile.
Pro helper!:D
Conea64 wrote on WorriedSkate940's profile.
I know I'm early but congratulations on being a colourful little fella
Xi1m wrote on camulos's profile.
happy broathdy
Basketman wrote on ImSatisfied's profile.
Happy Birthday!
Basketman wrote on camulos's profile.
Happy Birthday!
Top Bottom