Not open for further replies.

TBroz15

Novice Member
Sep 24, 2020
Somewhere In the stratosphere of Earth
Pronouns
He/Him
:cube_light: Hello there Cubecrafters!
I've taken a break from playing for months on this network since new stuff was added while I was away there. Then I got back to the server and played for a few hours, then I caught attention on Minerware's update, it had a new boss minigame called "Wrecking Ball." I had fun for a few minutes it was completely utter CHAOS then knew it was a good potential Gamemode. There is little originality on Cubecraft right now, so I am here creating this thread about this fresh awesome game mode.

🔧 Cool! But here's something that will change in my opinion,
  • The Gamemode will be large-scale compared to the Minerware minigame version.
  • Most blocks destroyed by a player win the game instead of most points gained. Points will be used as a currency for shops.
  • Instead of gaining just 5EXP for the losing player, the losing player will gain a proportion of the winning player's EXP just to make the game even more fair. There is an example and equation if you want to know how it works.
A player named "newb20" lost with 450 blocks destroyed, while "GAM3R40" won with 500 blocks destroyed, so the winner will gain the usual 125 EXP. If we did the math by dividing newb20's destroyed blocks (450) by GAM3R40's destroyed blocks (500) this results in 90% close to GAMER3R40's destroyed blocks. If we multiply it by 125 EXP, which is the winning player's EXP, and then round them up to the nearest whole number, newb20 will gain 113 EXP.
Note: Round the losing player's EXP to the nearest whole number. For example, 100.5 EXP into 101 EXP and 99.3 into 99 EXP.

Screenshot 2023-11-30 191158.png
  • The game will have a Teams of Four version of it, where the most blocks destroyed by a team win the game.
  • Maps are large just as aforementioned in the first suggestion. Players destroy the maps as anywhere as possible.
  • The players start with simple tools and then proceed to upgrade by buying from shops.
  • Points are gained by the players themselves, not by the team.
  • More points are gained according to how hard is the block to break.
  • Buying items are in hand by right-clicking then a GUI appears.
  • The shop contains tiers of tools, enchantment upgrades, explosives, and more.
  • The game can have different "To Win The Game" options where any player can vote if they want to "Get to One Thousand Destroyed Blocks" or "Have the Most Destroyed Blocks in 3 Minutes"
  • Ranked can vote for game options, the Overpowered, Crazy, etc. Take note it is separate from the "To Win The Game" options, so the players have two kinds of options, each is given a different option than the other.

Might add more suggestions in this thread so probably give some ideas by replying. I have hopes for the future of Cubecraft for a new original game mode.

Reesle

Forum Expert
May 25, 2022
Canada
I like this idea, but I disagree with adding a team version of this.

Also, it would be impossible to simply “right click” for a shop GUI for controller and mobile players. I suggest having a permanent, unmovable item in the 9th hot-bar slot that once used would open the shop GUI.

Lastly, whether I agree or not, I will for obvious reasons be voting “hamburger” on the poll.

TBroz15

Novice Member
Sep 24, 2020
Pronouns
He/Him
I like this idea, but I disagree with adding a team version of this.

Also, it would be impossible to simply “right click” for a shop GUI for controller and mobile players. I suggest having a permanent, unmovable item in the 9th hot-bar slot that once used would open the shop GUI.

Lastly, whether I agree or not, I will for obvious reasons be voting “hamburger” on the poll.
I mean there is a Solo will be available as well, and you're right about the GUI to make it in 9th permanent slot. Thanks for the feedback!

Reactions: Reesle

Blom

Forum Expert
Sep 12, 2018
MinerWare Town
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him
Very cool that you took the time to write out the entire gamemode. I do disagree with the suggestion, but you brought up valuable points I think are worth responding to.

There is little originality on Cubecraft right now
Strongly agree with this statement. To add on that, CubeCraft Java has only multiplayer PvP gamemodes (besides Snowman Survival), while Bedrock has MinerWare (and possibly one more?) as only Non-PvP gamemode. I really like the idea of a new (or revised) game which has the originality factor and is enjoyable on a different kind of section.

Instead of gaining just 5EXP for the losing player, the losing player will gain a proportion of the winning player's EXP just to make the game even more fair. There is an example and equation if you want to know how it works.
This would require an EXP revamp update across the entire network. For example, would it also be fair for SkyWars or Survival Games players if they murder an entire lobby just to finish second, and therefore not getting a higher EXP reward? I would also disagree with that suggestion, but it wouldn't be too easy to implement that in a sole gamemode.

Then coming back to the suggestion as a whole: This prison-like gamemode looks really fun, and I am sure I would enjoy a couple of rounds of it. Would I play this for a longer time? Probably not. Mining a map doesn't feel too entertaining for a longer period of time (sorry Prison players <3). The length of a boss game is in my opinion perfectly fine.

To compare this gamemode as a separate gamemode with for example Line Dash, which also turned into a Boss Game after being a separate gamemode before, I think that game has more enjoyment in the long term. It requires a lot more skills, paying attention, team effort and has a higher chaos factor. CubeCraft has a decline of players and should be alert on which games would improve activity on the server and which do not. I would rather see Line Dash as its own gamemode again than this gamemode proposed, even though I see why it could be enjoyable. But, with the lack of players and games costing money, I think they are fine to (both) stay as a Boss Game.

Note that I haven't played the Boss Game of Wrecking Ball myself due to my lack of Bedrock, so if anything I say is completely opposite of what the general Bedrock experience is, please let me know.

TBroz15

Novice Member
Sep 24, 2020
Pronouns
He/Him
This would require an EXP revamp update across the entire network
Yea, really need a good EXP revamp. Example of a scenario when I got 10 kills in skywars then accidentally fell to the void then that one dude who did not fight at all, won the game. Feeling distraught since then... Eh, its just a silly internet points, did not change my actual skills at all, but really need a revamp.
Mining a map doesn't feel too entertaining for a longer period of time
You're actually right about that mining stuff, really boring. What if make it fully-fledged PVP and also part mining? Its a big challenge by having a double trouble!

But, with the lack of players and games costing money, I think they are fine to (both) stay as a Boss Game.

Right about the low players problem, this year most of the players have lowered like half of it and just 5000 of them. Probably the quarrantine helped this server to raised the player count because people are attached to online. When the time is right, there may be a chance to implement it as a gamemode.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

qKhalidd wrote on camulos's profile.
happy birthday!
Casualpoalrbear wrote on WorriedSkate940's profile.
Congrats in helper. I know you do great

(Also nice change to your PFP)
Frontlane wrote on camulos's profile.
Happy birthday!
Frontlane wrote on ImSatisfied's profile.
Gefeliciteerd!!!
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on WorriedSkate940's profile.
Pro helper!:D
Top Bottom