Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Dualninja

Dedicated Member
Feb 9, 2021
Éire
Pronouns
She/Her
Blockwars Deathmatch

Blockwars Deathmatch has recently released as part of the new GIGA update, however the mode has one huge flaw, diamond armour. On the other Blockwars mode, diamond armour is an advantage, but you don't automatically win the game, as the objective isn't tied to kills. However in Deathmatch, the goal is literally to get the most kills. Whoever reaches diamonds first in Deathmatch always wins, the game is decided in the first 30 seconds, despite dragging on for upwards of 10 minutes. This makes the game extremely frustrating, especially if you queue into a game that's already started. The solution is simple, remove diamonds from Deathmatch, they make the experience worse and the game less skill dependent.​

QuackCorn100

Jan 23, 2024
I agree 100%, the update is more of a popularity boost for CTF than an improvement to the game. I am especially upset about the PvP aspect of the game. It used to be based purely on skill, because everyone had the same armor and weapons; whoever was the most skilled was the best. So, for the past 2 to 2.5 years, I've been grinding my PvP ability, and playing no video game except CTF on CubeCraft. And I was exceptionally good at it. I would defeat nearly everyone who tried to fight me, and I earned that. But with the update, CubeCraft is encouraging the use of iron weapons/armor and putting chests all over the (huge) maps with enchanted loot in them. I am exceptionally skilled, yet I get beaten by everyone I fight, because they have all this gear I don't.

• Unsure
Reactions: Desiderata

LyriexFoSx

Jan 17, 2024
Blockwars Deathmatch

Blockwars Deathmatch has recently released as part of the new GIGA update, however the mode has one huge flaw, diamond armour. On the other Blockwars mode, diamond armour is an advantage, but you don't automatically win the game, as the objective isn't tied to kills. However in Deathmatch, the goal is literally to get the most kills. Whoever reaches diamonds first in Deathmatch always wins, the game is decided in the first 30 seconds, despite dragging on for upwards of 10 minutes. This makes the game extremely frustrating, especially if you queue into a game that's already started. The solution is simple, remove diamonds from Deathmatch, they make the experience worse and the game less skill dependent.​
It's true I hope they remove it

ItzzWxrrior

Novice Member
Dec 4, 2022
Russia, Moscow
Pronouns
He/Him
Blockwars Deathmatch

i disagree, because the sense of this mode - to capture the mid at the beginning of the game and dominate it, if you remove the diamonds the games will take even longer, which is not very good for grinding

I agree 100%, the update is more of a popularity boost for CTF than an improvement to the game. I am especially upset about the PvP aspect of the game. It used to be based purely on skill, because everyone had the same armor and weapons; whoever was the most skilled was the best. So, for the past 2 to 2.5 years, I've been grinding my PvP ability, and playing no video game except CTF on CubeCraft. And I was exceptionally good at it. I would defeat nearly everyone who tried to fight me, and I earned that. But with the update, CubeCraft is encouraging the use of iron weapons/armor and putting chests all over the (huge) maps with enchanted loot in them. I am exceptionally skilled, yet I get beaten by everyone I fight, because they have all this gear I don't.
skill issue then :)

Desiderata

Forum Expert
Oct 31, 2023
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/She/They
getting diamonds/gear in my opinion is a crucial part of gameplay as it forces players to strategize/formulate a meta of some sort

without it the game would fall short on the variations of gameplay, making it one-dimensional and more repetitive (which still makes you lose players either way)

while this may be true i do think diamonds should be balanced a little more

• Agree
Reactions: Mappoe

ItzzWxrrior

Novice Member
Dec 4, 2022
Russia, Moscow
Pronouns
He/Him
getting diamonds/gear in my opinion is a crucial part of gameplay as it forces players to strategize/formulate a meta of some sort

without it the game would fall short on the variations of gameplay, making it one-dimensional and more repetitive (which still makes you lose players either way)

Then what's the problem to take the same stuff?

tbh Idc, at beginning the game I just take the diamond sword and by the end of the 4 minute game I have 1-2 deaths and 30 kills

Desiderata

Forum Expert
Oct 31, 2023
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/She/They
Then what's the problem to take the same stuff?
a little too op

side with more diamonds would be able to lowkey spawncamp the team with less, making them unable to get geared themselves and automatically lose the game

there should still be a need to somehow turn the tides for the losing side to cope/catch up, but removing a feature ain't it

tbh Idc, at beginning the game I just take the diamond sword and by the end of the 4 minute game I have 1-2 deaths and 30 kills
same tbh i normally hold off well against most players but this isn't about individual performance, it's a team deathmatch lol

eventually ungeared experienced players will have a really hard time to fend off against 3 or more inexperienced players with diamond

ItzzWxrrior

Novice Member
Dec 4, 2022
Russia, Moscow
Pronouns
He/Him
a little too op

side with more diamonds would be able to lowkey spawncamp the team with less, making them unable to get geared themselves and automatically lose the game
anyone rlly thinks that random teammates will help? You can get to these diamonds alone and take it

same tbh i normally hold off well against most players but this isn't about individual performance, it's a team deathmatch lol
team deathmatch? when half of your team stands at the base and the other just runs around and builds something?

That is why I’m grinding with 10 ppl party

Desiderata

Forum Expert
Oct 31, 2023
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/She/They
so what? there still needs to be a way to make the game fair other than teaming up with experienced players lol

you're no different from the devs with that belief you guys don't understand good game design

Blom

Forum Expert
Sep 12, 2018
MinerWare Town
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him
That is why I’m grinding with 10 ppl party
I don't know BlockWars ever since it was removed from Java, but I do know about decision making

There are three main groups of players on every network: the people that grind for the highest stats, the casual players that like to play a game from time to time and the non-returning players that also just want to enjoy a game, but are not bound to one game or one network.

An update, in whatever form, should benefit the most if not all members from each of these group. Because you are good and grind with a 10 player party doesn't mean that this is the same experience as a casual will have.

You state you can win with only a diamond sword, good for you. This only proves the point of how overpowered diamonds truly are. Obviously, tactics are a huge part in games like these, but if one tactic is strictly better than others, making other tactics nonviable, is there any tactic involved?

I will not vote on the suggestion, as I have no experience with the game, but just saying 'skill issue' is unfair towards all the other members that don't have 9 friends that are very good at computer games.

ItzzWxrrior

Novice Member
Dec 4, 2022
Russia, Moscow
Pronouns
He/Him
I don't know BlockWars ever since it was removed from Java, but I do know about decision making

There are three main groups of players on every network: the people that grind for the highest stats, the casual players that like to play a game from time to time and the non-returning players that also just want to enjoy a game, but are not bound to one game or one network.

An update, in whatever form, should benefit the most if not all members from each of these group. Because you are good and grind with a 10 player party doesn't mean that this is the same experience as a casual will have.

You state you can win with only a diamond sword, good for you. This only proves the point of how overpowered diamonds truly are. Obviously, tactics are a huge part in games like these, but if one tactic is strictly better than others, making other tactics nonviable, is there any tactic involved?

I will not vote on the suggestion, as I have no experience with the game, but just saying 'skill issue' is unfair towards all the other members that don't have 9 friends that are very good at computer games.
i said i use diamond sword, it doesn’t mean that i can win “only” with diamond sword. Dia sword and another dia stuff makes game shorter, isn’t that good?

QuackCorn100

Jan 23, 2024
i said i use diamond sword, it doesn’t mean that i can win “only” with diamond sword. Dia sword and another dia stuff makes game shorter, isn’t that good?
For a casual player it would be, (maybe), but for someone like me who has been playing for years, I have gotten well used to the old meta of the game, but now its been completly changed, not merely updated, and I find that dissapointing becuase all that work I put into that game is now mostly worthless, because I have to learn a new meta/playstyle.

FreezeEngine

Nov 7, 2021
Pronouns
He/Him
a little too op

there should still be a need to somehow turn the tides for the losing side to cope/catch up, but removing a feature ain't it

eventually ungeared experienced players will have a really hard time to fend off against 3 or more inexperienced players with diamond
Actually that is a good practice in game design to make it so that games are always close, it makes it feel intense and that YOU have a chance to make a difference. Not sure how to make it in deathmatch tho, mabe everyone from loosing team gets explosives 🗿

Reactions: Desiderata

Desiderata

Forum Expert
Oct 31, 2023
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/She/They
Couldn't agree more about the casual player's standpoint lol
this isn't about a casual and tryhard standpoint this is about balance

doesn't mean a tryhard wants to keep an imbalanced aspect of gameplay for them to abuse means they also represent the opinion of all the other tryhards

Reactions: QuackCorn100

Desiderata

Forum Expert
Oct 31, 2023
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/She/They
Actually that is a good practice in game design to make it so that games are always close, it makes it feel intense and that YOU have a chance to make a difference. Not sure how to make it in deathmatch tho, mabe everyone from loosing team gets explosives 🗿
yeah maybe some form of "let there be TNT" or some absolutely bonkers powerup that could be up for grabs by anyone

• Agree
Reactions: Dualninja
Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

Conea64 wrote on WorriedSkate940's profile.
I know I'm early but congratulations on being a colourful little fella
Xi1m wrote on camulos's profile.
happy broathdy
Basketman wrote on ImSatisfied's profile.
Happy Birthday!
Basketman wrote on camulos's profile.
Happy Birthday!
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on camulos's profile.
Happy Birthday!:D I hope you have an awesome day today!
Top Bottom