Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Towerdefence - Hardcore Mode, remove because of abuse?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Glaucus7

Novice Member
Nov 21, 2016

After my first post regarding the voting-donarabuse by donators, who intentionally keep on voting for ‘hardcoremode’ on towerdefence just for quick statics, the game has changed some. However the game is still being abused by donators for quick kills. For those who want to play the actual game it’s impossible to do so which I shall explain below. For this reason I make once again this thread. I’m sick of donators putting their own statics in front of the gamefun of the 20 others who are forced into this, yes, cancerous mode. It makes me want to quit cubecraft. So lets see how this will end.

- Problems with hardcore mode

Yes, luckily indeed the xp for flying mobs has been removed. However there is STILL NO TIME to build turrents high enough against zombiepigman. The only thing that has actually changed is the time when the race for the finish starts. Instead of flying mobs it's now waiting for the zombiepigman. Before there can be built actually proper defense against zombiepigman they are already send by donators who know damn well that this game is unbalanced.

How EVERY towerdefence-hardcore game ends:
https://imgur.com/a/zK9oZ
I’m saying this as someone who played currently 998 times with a win rate of 731.

- dekila26 and potential other abusers

With this I make this an instant public report against the player dekila26. This player has been abusing hardcore mode solidly for a straight (at least) 3 days just for her/his own statics. Even when non-donators are asking not to. Although I properly lack the evidence I know for a fact I’m not the only one who has to suffer this static-abuse done by this player. Which is why I intent to use this forum as well to prove my point against dekila26 and have at least the static whipped out obtained by abuse. Several players complain about this in chat and yet it continues. Abuse of imbalanced games for statics (/static gain) on cost of others should be punishable.

I will again place the same vote I held last time and me in person will again vote to have hardcore mode removed entirely.

KIND REGARDS

Ps, (towards staff) I want to know EXACTLY what will be done against dekila26 and any other potential players who intentionally keep on ruining games like this for their own statics. Does cubecraft continue to allow donators to abuse imbalanced games just for their game statics? Even if by far the majority, who are mostly non-donators, have to suffer for it? Or will be done something about it.

My previous post regarding this topic

https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/towerdefence-hardcore-mode-remove-because-of-abuse.196260/

MimicPanda

Dedicated Member
Mar 23, 2016
Under the sea
www.cubecraft.net
They should fix it instead of removing it,since this mode is one of the few voting options obsidian gets.Anyway this "exploit" is a real problem since players cant enjoy a game because someone wants to just get more points and more wins,staff should not ignore a problem like this because most obsidian rankers vote for this mode to just exploit the game not play it.I support a nerfing of this mode.Weather it be a longer timer for mobs or quicker tower placement anything,because I dont want obsidian rankers ruin the game because of this exploit.

Glaucus7

Novice Member
Nov 21, 2016
upload_2017-9-6_16-12-2.png

yet another game being ruined by a voteabuser for statics; aka TheLegend112

Please notice how I instanly started building a turrent tower and even with all OUR money and started building in the beginning it wasn't enough.

Despacito 2

Forum Professional
Dec 6, 2015
Instead of going for CPU Tower Defence (against a comp.) or 1v1 Tower Defence they went for Voting Options. I'm fine with the choice they made. I was happy that such voting options have been added to the game. They did not only make the game more challeging, they also gave a certain rank one more perk.
But the fact that such options can be used for exploits really bothers me. Tower Defence used to be a simple, strategic and fun game. The fact that such exploits exist give me the expression that they didn't even test before releasing this update. The gameplay is simply ruined.
I really hope they fix this issue ASAP. Removing Hardcore is also a possible solution.

They should set the stats back to the day the update was released
Agree.

Last edited:
A

A pigeon

CPU tower defense - lol thats funny , we know how cubecraft is with AI. It wouldnt work.

They probably tested Dotsially , but instead of getting proper people who know somthingabout the game , tbey got mods to do it GG. But same , to anyone it'd seem like a non tested update or a rushed one .

Cubecraft , change this at once ! You're sort of breaking a lil something called EndUserLisenceAgreement. (Indirectly but you're still an official partner so)

Intoxicating

Feb 2, 2017
Although this is quite annoying, I completely disagree with it being punishable. There should be fixes made instead of that to allow players to still select what they would like to however without it being so easy to get wins and stat boost.

Hardmore, as well as the other gamemodes available, help to vary gameplay which keeps it fresh, new and avoids it becoming overly stale; removing it would be silly and ultimately a waste of dev time. Rather fixes should be implemented to ensure that this cannot be so easily abused. In the hardcore gamemode, like you've suggested I would definitely like to see an increased amount of building time so that if people do summon zombie pigmen it is not as incredibly difficult to defend against. Another feature could be that during hardmode, the first 1 or 2 minutes mobs could have decreased health by a percentage, this would definitely increase the difficulty of attacking, not so much defense to allow time for people to actually be able to combat hordes of zombie pigmen etc.

Understandably this is annoying, but I'm going to reinforce what I previously said; I do not think this should be punishable. However, it may be interesting to globally reset scoreboards to allow for a more competitive, and less farming unfairly games. It could also be interesting to impose some sort of restriction of voting for hardmode, however, not sure how that'd pan out.

Reactions: Glaucus7

Glaucus7

Novice Member
Nov 21, 2016
There should be fixes made instead of that to allow players to still select what they would like to however .

It's not the players but just some very specific donators who keep to decide when it becomes hardcore and when not who solidly use this mode for their own statics. The rest just has to suffer for it.
An option that would be more fair is when donators get like 5 votes and non-donators get at least 1 vote. Than when this hardcore voteoption is being abused at least non-donators can do something about it when they massively agree. Now they are getting dragged into the (mostly) wish of 1 person who uses this type purely for own static gain.

The entire concept of 'towerdefence' is to defend with towers. Towers are pretty much useless in hardcore mode, exacpt to delay the enemy troops. It's still a race to the finnish and that's not why I join towerdefence.

Intoxicating

Feb 2, 2017
It's not the players but just some very specific donators who keep to decide when it becomes hardcore and when not who solidly use this mode for their own statics. The rest just has to suffer for it.
An option that would be more fair is when donators get like 5 votes and non-donators get at least 1 vote. Than when this hardcore voteoption is being abused at least non-donators can do something about it when they massively agree. Now they are getting dragged into the (mostly) wish of 1 person who uses this type purely for own static gain.

The entire concept of 'towerdefence' is to defend with towers. Towers are pretty much useless in hardcore mode, exacpt to delay the enemy troops. It's still a race to the finnish and that's not why I join towerdefence.

I'd have to disagree, providing non-donators with a vote would remove the point in getting donator rank. I'm saying rather than removing the gametype entirely, there should be things in place to prevent these people who choose to static boost. Hence why I've suggested a few fixes that could work.

Glaucus7

Novice Member
Nov 21, 2016
I'd have to disagree, providing non-donators with a vote would remove the point in getting donator rank. I'm saying rather than removing the gametype entirely, there should be things in place to prevent these people who choose to static boost. Hence why I've suggested a few fixes that could work.

IF this type of mode remains to exsit than I agree there should be changes. However donators have been exploiting an obvious error (or whatever you want to call it... overlook) on cost of others who came to play the actual game... Tower defence. For this I believe they should be punnished. Please keep in mind removing their statics optained by exploiting isn't even punnishing. It's just reversing the points they got by exploiting in the first place. If it were up to me there statics would be whiped out to send a message exploiting will not be tollerated + adding a punnishment towards donators who commited this, in my eyes, crime against the cubecraft community for personal gain.

Also, they've 'fixed' hardcoremode before. I've no trust anymore it will be tested.

Last edited:

Glaucus7

Novice Member
Nov 21, 2016
upload_2017-9-8_15-55-0.png

Player DANIELSOJ

I don't care whether or not he/she's in my team.

People ask not to vote hardcore. He/she does it anyways and drags the rest in this dissicion ending up again with something like this. A race for the finnish.

Reactions: Manchot999

Glaucus7

Novice Member
Nov 21, 2016
upload_2017-9-9_6-39-42.png

I add _NutellaBoy to the list for abuse.
Please noe he teams with Confused_Lost, making it even worse.

TheDumbFrost

Aug 18, 2017
I agree with the fact that Many ranks use this to boost their statistics and agree that the non donators shoud have 1 vote each while the donators have 5 votes

Glaucus7

Novice Member
Nov 21, 2016
This is the next game. Dekila STILL rooms free around doing this cancerous abuse.
Towers dont make it in time and nothing is been done about it.

upload_2017-9-9_6-45-10.png

Members Online

Members online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Basketman wrote on Eli's profile.
Happy Birthday Forums Guru (ELI) Enjoy your day and I hope these small messages here make your day! 🥳
JokeKaedee wrote on Eli's profile.
Happy birthday, Eli! I hope that today will be filled with joy and happiness only!!
Enjoy your day 🐉 :heart:
Reesle wrote on RatedManMp46's profile.
Happy Birthday! 🥳
Matriox wrote on Eli's profile.
HI

ITS YOUR BIRTHDAY

happy birthday Eli

1714947914949.png

1714948030659.png

here, take some beans:
1714948068073.png
Hoshi wrote on Eli's profile.