Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

SlinkyGnu05604

Forum Expert
Jan 4, 2019
www.youtube.com
Hello CubeCrafters! It is common knowledge that most people want leather armor back in Overpowered mode and I agree with it. We were all waiting for it to be added with the EggWars Tweaks update but unfortunately, it never made it. Fortunately, I have a solution that aims to satisfy both communities, since there could be some players that enjoy the current OP mode over the original (honestly idk who prefers it over the original), and it can give people who missed out on it a chance to play it. This suggestion will also bring back EggWars scrims, especially that private games now exist and that players can spectate private games. Allow me to introduce you to my suggestion: Retro Overpowered Item Voting Option!

1708770845552.png

In Retro Overpowered, the game will feel closer to the original overpowered mode we all know and love, with 1.20 content included!

Retro Overpowered will feature the return of the following content:
  • Leather armor
  • Chain armor
  • Protection 4 on all armor sets
  • Power 5 bow, with Power 3 bow being the base version
  • Weakness Arrows
  • Hay Bales
  • Season 1 Kits
Baker: 10 bread and 14 steak
Builder: 15 andesite and leather helmet protection 4
Miner: stone pickaxe efficiency 5
Healer: 3 golden apples

I couldn't list the Java Season 1 kit items because I don't play Java, so if anyone has the full list, let me know and I'll update it accordingly.

Due to the addition of leather and chain armor sets, and protection 4 on armor, fights will be a lot more fun (fights will last shorter early to mid game, longer fights during mid to late game), and the element of armor breaking will return! Well, Overpowered already has that but it’s super rare for it to happen.

1709140591510.png

Some shop items will be modified, for example Netherite Sword Sharpness 5 replaces Diamond Sword Sharpness 5, and Netherite Pickaxes will replace efficiency 4, 6, and 8 diamond pickaxes. Those Netherite Pickaxes will maintain the same efficiency level those diamond pickaxes had. Concrete will stay in the game as they look so much better than Terracotta, in my opinion. Gold Ore is replaced by Deepslate. Obsidian will be bought with gold since Ancient Debris won’t be in this mode.

1: Will Netherite Armor be in this game mode?

No. If you want Netherite Armor, play the other Overpowered Mode.

2: Will discounts, perks, and emeralds be in this game mode?

I’m not sure if it’s possible to deactivate them for this game mode specifically, so they'll stay enabled unless its possible.

3: Will generators be faster?

Not possible unless the developers choose to update the speed of custom generators. Also it could be possible to change the generator capacity to match the original, if the developers choose to update it for this game mode. So unless that happens, generators will have double resources by default.

4: Aren’t 4 game modes a bit too much?

Lucky Islands has 4 votable game modes, so why can't EggWars have it?

5: Will the new and returning items (weakness arrow, hay bales, and deepslate) be added to other modes?

Yes, they will be added to other modes.

6: If leather armor and diamond pickaxes that cost gold got added to Overpowered mode. What’s going to happen to this suggestion?

This suggestion will be closed.

7: Will the generator capacity be the same as current OP or other modes?

It will be using the same generator capacity as in Normal mode, since in the original OP mode, the generator capacity was never changed.

8: Will pickaxes be kept on respawn?

Hopefully not unless the developers cannot disable it for this specific game mode only, since you never respawn with pickaxes in the original OP mode.

What do you think of the suggestion? Let me know your thoughts in the comments.

Edit 1: Added possible questions 5 and 6.
Edit 2: Updated suggestion tag from Bedrock to All Networks.
Edit 3: Clarified the length of fights and mentioned that this suggestion can bring back EggWars scrims.
Edit 4: Clarified the Season 1 kits spoilers to say it's for Bedrock. Unfortunately, I don't know what the Season 1 OP kits for Java are.
Edit 5: Added possible questions 7 and 8, and added edits spoiler.

Last edited:

Mr Jii Gamer

Jun 10, 2022
Algérie
youtube.com
Pronouns
He/Him
Disclaimer: This suggestion is meant to be for Bedrock only, but it can be added to Java if players want it

Hello CubeCrafters! It is common knowledge that most people want leather armor back in Overpowered mode and I agree with it. We were all waiting for it to be added with the EggWars Tweaks update but unfortunately, it never made it. Fortunately, I have a solution that aims to satisfy both communities, since there could be some players that enjoy the current OP mode over the original (honestly idk who prefers it over the original), and it can give people who missed out on it a chance to play it. Allow me to introduce you to my suggestion: Retro Overpowered Item Voting Option!

View attachment 227762

In Retro Overpowered, the game will feel closer to the original overpowered mode we all know and love, with 1.20 content included!

Retro Overpowered will feature the return of the following content:
  • Leather armor
  • Chain armor
  • Protection 4 on all armor sets
  • Power 5 bow, with Power 3 bow being the base version
  • Weakness Arrows
  • Hay Bales
  • Season 1 Kits
Baker: 10 bread and 14 steak
Builder: 15 andesite and leather helmet protection 4
Miner: stone pickaxe efficiency 5
Healer: 3 golden apples

Due to the addition of leather and chain armor sets, and protection 4 on armor, fights will last longer, in a fun way (especially during mid-late game), and the element of armor breaking will return! Well, Overpowered already has that but it’s super rare for it to happen.

Some shop items will be modified, for example Netherite Sword Sharpness 5 replaces Diamond Sword Sharpness 5, and Netherite Pickaxes will replace efficiency 4, 6, and 8 diamond pickaxes. Those Netherite Pickaxes will maintain the same efficiency level those diamond pickaxes had. Concrete will stay in the game as they look so much better than Terracotta, in my opinion. Gold Ore is replaced by deepslate. Obsidian will be bought with gold since Ancient Debris won’t be in this mode.

1: Will Netherite Armor be in this game mode?

No. If you want Netherite Armor, play the other Overpowered Mode.

2: Will discounts, perks, and emeralds be in this game mode?

I’m not sure if it’s possible to deactivate them for this game mode specifically, so they'll stay enabled unless its possible

3: Will generators be faster?

Not possible unless the developers choose to update the speed of custom generators. Also it could be possible to change the generator capacity to match the original, if the developers choose to update it for this game mode.

4: Aren’t 4 game modes a bit too much?

Lucky Islands has 4 votable game modes, so why can't EggWars have it?

What do you think of the suggestion? Let me know your thoughts in the comments
I totally agree with you

Reactions: SlinkyGnu05604

SlinkyGnu05604

Forum Expert
Jan 4, 2019
www.youtube.com
Fun idea, this is allmost like the old eggwars, before the seasons, the updates and other fun stuff!!
That's the goal of this suggestion, to bring back the original overpowered game mode as a new votable option so that OGs can enjoy it again, and that new players can experience it for the first time without changing the current Overpowered mode

Reactions: BicolourSine41

emptypandora

Jul 21, 2023
I agree, but I'd go one step further. Bring back Eggwars V 1 exactly as it was . Call it what you want. Then have the updated one V 2 (I mean the one they updated, broke the server and then changed) and then V3 the one we have now. Empty out

SlinkyGnu05604

Forum Expert
Jan 4, 2019
www.youtube.com
I have updated the suggestion to mention that this can bring back scrims, clarified the length of fights (shorter fights early to mid game, longer fights during mid to late game) and changed the suggestion prefix to all networks to make the suggestion inclusive for Java players. They might miss out on this awesome game mode if it only arrived to Bedrock.
I agree, but I'd go one step further. Bring back Eggwars V 1 exactly as it was . Call it what you want. Then have the updated one V 2 (I mean the one they updated, broke the server and then changed) and then V3 the one we have now. Empty out
That would be a lot of game modes if that was to happen. Keeping OP as it is while adding Retro OP as a 4th game mode is a better idea

BicolourSine41

Novice Member
Jan 21, 2024
Tour de France finish place (Paris)
Pronouns
He/Him
That's the goal of this suggestion, to bring back the original overpowered game mode as a new votable option so that OGs can enjoy it again, and that new players can experience it for the first time without changing the current Overpowered mode
Ok, then this is for what i am gonna vote if it will get in the game!!

SlinkyGnu05604

Forum Expert
Jan 4, 2019
www.youtube.com
Updated suggestion again to clarify the Season 1 kit items shown in the spoiler are for Bedrock. If anyone knows the Season 1 kit items for Java, let me know so I can update the list.
I would love this, this is a very simple solution to make everyone happy. Egg wars was simple and endless fun back then, now the constant change makes it hard and annoying.
I agree, the game used to be simple and as a result, more fun. The pacing of the game was right (speaking from a Bedrock player's perspective since I don't play Java), since every single armor and weapon are balanced (in strength and in price). Same are applied to pickaxes since the prices are good for what you get

Members Online

Members online

Latest profile posts

TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on camulos's profile.
Happy Birthday!:D I hope you have an awesome day today!
GiGaGekkies wrote on ImSatisfied's profile.
Happy Birthday
GiGaGekkies wrote on camulos's profile.
Happy Birthday
Mr Jii Gamer wrote on camulos's profile.
Happy birthday
people on roblox are so crazy they target me for having a “furry-like” outfit so often that i have to switch to a cowboy outfit just so i can have a normal experience 🤣🤣🙏
Top Bottom