Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Towerdefence - Hardcore Mode, remove because of abuse?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Glaucus7

Novice Member
Nov 21, 2016
My Report To EULA

download link:https://we.tl/LmFja4WlVe
===========================================================================================================
I made this report because even after several attempts of solving this myself and after reading EULA’s rules I still believe cubecraft is full-knowingly breaking EULA’s rules and shows no intention in solving them at all.

Direct Violations (also to show that I actually took time reading the rules before reporting)

Rules:

Can I charge access to a specific part of my server, such as a minigame or world?
No, you cannot charge for any part of a server. Only the access. Once on a server, all players must have the same gameplay privileges. You may make a different server which features “premium” areas, and charge for access to that server instead, but the benefits cannot carry between servers.

Can I give paying users priority access to my server?
Yes, but you cannot restrict gameplay elements to specific users.

Can I sell ranks on my server?
Yes. Ranks are allowed so long as any perks gained are cosmetic. Coloured names, prefixes, special hats etc. are fine.

Source: https://mojang.com/2014/06/lets-talk-server-monetisation-the-follow-up-qa/

-Cubecraft’s current state on this matter-

Only Ranked Donators have currently access to voting. Non- Donators can’t do anything about this. Not even if 11 non-donators don’t want hardcore mode and the 1 donators wants to play hardcore mode. It’s literally being forced just because a donator his own static gain.

Rules:

You are allowed to sell in-game items so long as they don’t affect gameplay

Source: https://mojang.com/2014/06/lets-talk-server-monetisation/

They basically sell ranks that, regarding this case, give a player the option to vote. Something non-donators don’t have at all. They have no option to vote against whatever donators vote. Not even when it’s being abused.

Explanation of the real issue

I mainly play TowerDefence on Cubecraft. One of game options here is ‘hardcore mode’ and only obisian-ranked donators can vote for this type of gamemode. Non-donators can’t vote at all. Not even against this continuously vote abuse even if they massively agree. I accept that donators can have something ‘extra’, however it has become common knowledge within Cubecrafts own community that the ‘hardcore mode’ is being grossly abused by donators who solidly using this mode for quick game wins.

Hardcore mode on Cubecraft is extremly imbalanced and is no tower defence at all but ends up in being a race for the finish. This issue is being acknowledged by Cubecraft themselves and has been going on for weeks, if not months. I’ve made a thread on their own forum about this with over 800 views now and still nothing is being done about this. I’ve even had commands with ‘if you don’t like it buy a rank’.

It is my believe that cubecraft keeps this error artificially up to force non-donators into buying ranks. I see no other reason why they would keep up this error for so long while literally no one wants to play this game-mode except the obsidian donators who are using this mode solidly to pump-up their statics quick.

Link to the entire thread including explain of issue and responses of several players:

https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/towerdefence-hardcore-mode-abuse.197051/

This thread contains evidence of the issue itself as well. If for whatever reason Cubecraft ‘suddenly’ takes it down please contact me and I’ll send it in other ways.

Please note this is but one of the several games they have. I heard similar complains about other games as well, however like I said before I mainly play Tower Defence.

Kind Regards,

Glaucus

_Oplex_

Dedicated Member
May 5, 2016
Under Your Bed (O.o)
My Report To EULA

download link:https://we.tl/LmFja4WlVe
===========================================================================================================
I made this report because even after several attempts of solving this myself and after reading EULA’s rules I still believe cubecraft is full-knowingly breaking EULA’s rules and shows no intention in solving them at all.

Direct Violations (also to show that I actually took time reading the rules before reporting)

Rules:

Can I charge access to a specific part of my server, such as a minigame or world?
No, you cannot charge for any part of a server. Only the access. Once on a server, all players must have the same gameplay privileges. You may make a different server which features “premium” areas, and charge for access to that server instead, but the benefits cannot carry between servers.

Can I give paying users priority access to my server?
Yes, but you cannot restrict gameplay elements to specific users.

Can I sell ranks on my server?
Yes. Ranks are allowed so long as any perks gained are cosmetic. Coloured names, prefixes, special hats etc. are fine.

Source: https://mojang.com/2014/06/lets-talk-server-monetisation-the-follow-up-qa/

Only Ranked Donators have currently access to voting. Non- Donators can’t do anything about this. Not even if 11 non-donators don’t want hardcore mode and the 1 donators wants to play hardcore mode. It’s literally being forced just because a donator his own static gain.

Rules:

You are allowed to sell in-game items so long as they don’t affect gameplay

Source: https://mojang.com/2014/06/lets-talk-server-monetisation/

They basically sell ranks that, regarding this case, give a player the option to vote. Something non-donators don’t have at all. They have no option to vote against whatever donators vote. Not even when it’s being abused.

Explanation of the real issue

I mainly play TowerDefence on Cubecraft. One of game options here is ‘hardcore mode’ and only obisian-ranked donators can vote for this type of gamemode. Non-donators can’t vote at all. Not even against this continuously vote abuse even if they massively agree. I accept that donators can have something ‘extra’, however it has become common knowledge within Cubecrafts own community that the ‘hardcore mode’ is being grossly abused by donators who solidly using this mode for quick game wins.

Hardcore mode on Cubecraft is extremly imbalanced and is no tower defence at all but ends up in being a race for the finish. This issue is being acknowledged by Cubecraft themselves and has been going on for weeks, if not months. I’ve made a thread on their own forum about this with over 800 views now and still nothing is being done about this. I’ve even had commands with ‘if you don’t like it buy a rank’.

It is my believe that cubecraft keeps this error artificially up to force non-donators into buying ranks. I see no other reason why they would keep up this error for so long while literally no one wants to play this game-mode except the obsidian donators who are using this mode solidly to pump-up their statics quick.

Link to the entire thread including explain of issue and responses of several players:

https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/towerdefence-hardcore-mode-abuse.197051/

This thread contains evidence of the issue itself as well. If for whatever reason Cubecraft ‘suddenly’ takes it down please contact me and I’ll send it in other ways.

Please note this is but one of the several games they have. I heard similar complains about other games as well, however like I said before I mainly play Tower Defence.

Kind Regards,

Glaucus
What rules are they breaking?

A

A pigeon

Cubecraft is an official minecraft partner, so I'm certain nothing will happen, especially as this is an exploit, and not a mechanic that was intended to be there.
Actually thats the reason Mojang will probably be stricter on Cubecraft than anyone else - how could an official partner violate the EULA? Also this was known for a while. Its inexcusable.

Glaucus7

Novice Member
Nov 21, 2016
We're aware of how overpowered this particular setup in TD is and it is being addressed. Stats won't be reset, since there are no rules being violated.

Cubecraft obviously sells stuff that directly influence the game play itself. On top of this have non-donators don't have access to voting while several donators make beyond any doubt abuse of this option to their benefits. Even IF it wouldn’t be considered abuse by Cubecraft it would still not be allowed by EULA, since donators should at least have this option as well.

Enjoy fighting that Taco

- Glaucus for universal fair play -

Manchot999

Novice Member
Dec 27, 2016
EULA RULES

Can I award all players with a gameplay feature if I reach a donation goal within a time period?
Yes, so long as all players receive the benefit regardless of who donated then it’s OK.

Source:
http://www.minecraftforum.net/forum...la-revisited-an-updated-q-a-from-mojang#c3724

Donators are being benifit and using this mode for own gain against non-paying players. This is being aknowlegdge by cubecraft and nothing is been done about it for weeks. I'm drawing my line and reporthing this server to be brought to justice.

Kind Regards.
What a coincidence...

It's been fixed today.

Our prayers have been answered!

Go look in the news forum section.

Glaucus7

Novice Member
Nov 21, 2016
What a coincidence...

It's been fixed today.

Our prayers have been answered!

Go look in the news forum section.

Granted that I haven't seen any voteabuse after the new chances, but the 'fixes' are worthless. They screwed over the game by making pretty much everything expensive. Making it harder for everyone to start even playing the game. I’m pretty sure the guys solving these 'problems' dont bother to play the game at all. The only thing they actually did is chancing the game itself that now takes unnecessarily a longer to play.

For example... the turrent they 'fixed'. Although I didn't see its strength since both teams could use it they reduced its strength. Ok, I can understand, but why did they have to make it so much more expensive as well? It's dubble. And why are the zombies so much more expensive? The one mainsource of xp? You either now start building or (try) to make xp while you have to wait for a long time before you can send anymore lvl1 noob zombies. You have no money income and everything has become too expensive.

I'm not going to fight this battle anymore. The fixing team of Cubecraft is cancerous and I have no faith whatsoever in cubecrafts staff anymore. I'm just going to assume that all they care about is money and as long as people don't pay they don't give a shit at all. In my opinion cubecraft should become a lot more transparent in their decisions and a lot more communitive towards their own community.

adios

Reactions: Manchot999

Manchot999

Novice Member
Dec 27, 2016
Granted that I haven't seen any voteabuse after the new chances, but the 'fixes' are worthless. They screwed over the game by making pretty much everything expensive. Making it harder for everyone to start even playing the game. I’m pretty sure the guys solving these 'problems' dont bother to play the game at all. The only thing they actually did is chancing the game itself that now takes unnecessarily a longer to play.

For example... the turrent they 'fixed'. Although I didn't see its strength since both teams could use it they reduced its strength. Ok, I can understand, but why did they have to make it so much more expensive as well? It's dubble. And why are the zombies so much more expensive? The one mainsource of xp? You either now start building or (try) to make xp while you have to wait for a long time before you can send anymore lvl1 noob zombies. You have no money income and everything has become too expensive.

I'm not going to fight this battle anymore. The fixing team of Cubecraft is cancerous and I have no faith whatsoever in cubecrafts staff anymore. I'm just going to assume that all they care about is money and as long as people don't pay they don't give a shit at all. In my opinion cubecraft should become a lot more transparent in their decisions and a lot more communitive towards their own community.

adios
That is an aggressive way to say it, but sadly, it's also a honest way to say it.

Reactions: 0ffense

0ffense

Mar 27, 2017
Orion constellation

adios
Well they are much more caught up in Island Games and I think they would rather spend their time on that than Tower Defense.

Reactions: Manchot999
Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

Frontlane wrote on HyperPal's profile.
Thanks for the follow!! 🦦
Thjis wrote on wischmoppl's profile.
Happy Birthday 🎉
Pluisje wrote on wischmoppl's profile.
happy bday 🎂 🎂
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on Thjis's profile.
Congratulations on 500 reaction score!:D
GiGaGekkies wrote on wischmoppl's profile.
Happy Birthday!
Top Bottom