Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

SlinkyGnu05604

Forum Expert
Jan 4, 2019
www.youtube.com
Disclaimer: Players who play in Overpowered can ignore this suggestion as the idea already exists for that mode. Suggestion is only for the Bedrock platform as I'm not sure if Java players want this change or not

If you have been playing EggWars since December 2021, you would know that generators were updated to be 50% faster to accommodate the faster paced gameplay of the Bedrock version. It was for all game modes in EggWars: Hardcore, Normal, and Overpowered.

Since July 19 2023 (July 13 for public beta testers), season 2 released, which was a controversial update in itself. One of the features that got reverted was the generator speeds. It went back to being as slow as the Java version of the game.

To fix the issue, the generators were updated to be doubled only in Overpowered mode within a few weeks of season 2 releasing. The reason as explained in the replies after making the original post that it would take too much work to adjust the generator skin animations for faster generator speed, causing the idea of double resources to be implemented.

The suggestion: Bring the double resources change from Overpowered mode to Normal and UHC modes to bring back faster gameplay for those modes

Do you agree with doubling generator resources for Normal and UHC modes in EggWars? If you disagree, explain why in the comments.

Edit: Fixed title error
Edit 2: Updated suggestion to only be for Normal and UHC due to the reason on why double resources was added to OP.

Last edited:

TheLostFroggo

Jan 13, 2024
I do like the idea of double output although I believe without it I couldn’t imagine how laggy it could get with multiple generators running at that speed.

Reactions: SlinkyGnu05604

SlinkyGnu05604

Forum Expert
Jan 4, 2019
www.youtube.com
I do like the idea of double output although I believe without it I couldn’t imagine how laggy it could get with multiple generators running at that speed.
As I mentioned in the suggestion post: The capacity of the generators can be changed if it gets too laggy.
After the 1.19 update, I don't lag from generators anymore

Laura

Dedicated Member
Verified
Jan 16, 2018
Space
Pronouns
She/Her
Generator speeds won't ever be changed. I can tell you that for free.

Why? The animation cycle lengths for the generator skins are all fixed, and increasing the speed of the generators would either put the token spawning out of sync with the animation, or require all animations to be manually adjusted to the new times, and that's a couple of days worth of work.

That's why the solution I came up with for OP was to double the spawning tokens, because we couldn't adjust the timing.
Ironically java would be the easier platform to change because they're just particle animations controlled by maths.

SlinkyGnu05604

Forum Expert
Jan 4, 2019
www.youtube.com
Generator speeds won't ever be changed. I can tell you that for free.

Why? The animation cycle lengths for the generator skins are all fixed, and increasing the speed of the generators would either put the token spawning out of sync with the animation, or require all animations to be manually adjusted to the new times, and that's a couple of days worth of work.

That's why the solution I came up with for OP was to double the spawning tokens, because we couldn't adjust the timing.
Ironically java would be the easier platform to change because they're just particle animations controlled by maths.
That makes so much sense on why the gens were doubled on OP. Thanks for the explanation, edited the suggestion to reflect that 👍🏼

Last edited:
Reactions: Laura

Mr Jii Gamer

Jun 10, 2022
Algérie
youtube.com
Pronouns
He/Him
Disclaimer: Players who play in Overpowered can ignore this suggestion as the idea already exists for that mode. Suggestion is only for the Bedrock platform as I'm not sure if Java players want this change or not

If you have been playing EggWars since December 2021, you would know that generators were updated to be 50% faster to accommodate the faster paced gameplay of the Bedrock version. It was for all game modes in EggWars: Hardcore, Normal, and Overpowered.

Since July 19 2023 (July 13 for public beta testers), season 2 released, which was a controversial update in itself. One of the features that got reverted was the generator speeds. It went back to being as slow as the Java version of the game.

To fix the issue, the generators were updated to be doubled only in Overpowered mode within a few weeks of season 2 releasing. The reason as explained in the replies after making the original post that it would take too much work to adjust the generator skin animations for faster generator speed, causing the idea of double resources to be implemented.

The suggestion: Bring the double resources change from Overpowered mode to Normal and UHC modes to bring back faster gameplay for those modes

Do you agree with doubling generator resources for Normal and UHC modes in EggWars? If you disagree, explain why in the comments.

Edit: Fixed title error
Edit 2: Updated suggestion to only be for Normal and UHC due to the reason on why double resources was added to OP.
Agree with you

Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

parent calling you halfway through pvp is the worst debuff you could ever get
Take back what I said earlier, the Infected Wolf spider from grounded is terrifying
This is fr me during bedwars
RDT_20240427_1241257018540164098121553.png
I'm here!
(i'm everywhere)
Top Bottom