Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Should these forum sections be added?

• Total voters

Nikoshka

Dedicated Member
Jan 10, 2018
https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/suggestions-compilation.201864/

Referring to this thread ^
Why are you creating a suggestions thread inside a suggestions forum. You’re basically just creating a mini-forum inside of the main forum which does the exact same purpose as the main forum. :p

If you want to see which suggestions get looked over, then why don’t you just create two seperate sub-forums called:

Accepted Suggestions
Archived Suggestions (For invalid and denied suggestions)

Why?

Accepted Suggestions -
This shows that Cubecraft actually listens to suggestions made by the community.
Archived Suggestions - This moves the locked ideas out of the way so that new and good ideas are brought to the top of the suggestions forum.

All suggestions are created in this main forum and then staff can move them to the relevant sub-forum. Suggestions which are still under review stay in the ‘Suggestions’ main forum.

Why did I re-create my own and @skifby’s thread?
@Tacosbefriends gave me a quality answer on why the ‘Pending Suggestions’ forum wouldn’t work and he convinced me however, the other two forums still could be added since they’d give recognitition to the community and they’d move all of the locked suggestions which can’t be commented on out of the way.

TacosBeFriends said:
Now, I wouldn't be against having this sub-forum if we moved the threads there AFTER the suggestion was implemented. We do take suggestions from the community with every update; we just don't normally publicize it. I have no problem with giving credit where it's due, and as someone who's made multiple suggestions that have been implemented (cubelets, leveling system, like an entire page of hats, several duels kits, hourglass, snowman survival, next week's release, and more!) I would absolutely love for people to get recognized for their contributions to the server. Again, AFTER we know our devs can do it and AFTER the idea is implemented

So yeah, why not? It’s a win win situation where valid suggestions get filtered out as locked suggestions are moved to a seperate forum and also members are happy when their suggestion gets implemented. :)

Quetzi said:
Arguingagainst having a curated list of reasonable suggestions doesn't particularly strike me asbeing that useful in any case. If you don't thinkthe curated list is useful, don't look at it.

BL02eTD.jpg

The thread isn’t curate as it isn’t selected, organised or debatably looked after. Anyone can post on the thread. It’s essentially a complete copy of this whole section.
‘Reasonable suggestions’
An example of what I personally don’t think is quite reasonable:

ipHK6Qf.jpg

I’d personally argue against this idea if the player created a thread. This idea would require a lot of money, time, servers, and developers which are much more useful for other projects in need rather than this just for a few players who would actually play this game on a different version. And instead of updating to 1.12, you’d be working on an old MC version which sucks.
So yeah, the suggestion thread isn’t really any of those words that you think of. It’s just another suggestions section inside of a suggestions section and it has little use imo. But hey, that’s just my opinion backed up with valid evidence. If you don’t agree to it, you do you ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

ty, kthxbai
- Niko

Last edited:

Priley

Forum Professional
Jul 6, 2015
reprotland

Why are you creating a suggestions thread inside a suggestions forum. You’re basically just creating a mini-forum inside of the main forum which does the exact same purpose as the main forum. :p

If you want to see which suggestions get looked over, then why don’t you just create two seperate sub-forums called:

Accepted Suggestions

Why?

Accepted Suggestions -
This shows that Cubecraft actually listens to suggestions made by the community.
Archived Suggestions - This moves the locked ideas out of the way so that new and good ideas are brought to the top of the suggestions forum.

All suggestions are created in this main forum and then staff can move them to the relevant sub-forum. Suggestions which are still under review stay in the ‘Suggestions’ main forum.

@Tacosbefriends gave me a quality answer on why the ‘Pending Suggestions’ forum wouldn’t work and he convinced me however, the other two forums still could be added since they’d give recognitition to the community and they’d move all of the locked suggestions which can’t be commented on out of the way.

So yeah, why not? It’s a win win situation where valid suggestions get filtered out as locked suggestions are moved to a seperate forum and also members are happy when their suggestion gets implemented. :)

BL02eTD.jpg

The thread isn’t curate as it isn’t selected, organised or debatably looked after. Anyone can post on the thread. It’s essentially a complete copy of this whole section.
‘Reasonable suggestions’

ipHK6Qf.jpg

I’d personally argue against this idea if the player created a thread. This idea would require a lot of money, time, servers, and developers which are much more useful for other projects in need rather than this just for a few players who would actually play this game on a different version. And instead of updating to 1.12, you’d be working on an old MC version which sucks.
So yeah, the suggestion thread isn’t really any of those words that you think of. It’s just another suggestions section inside of a suggestions section and it has little use imo. But hey, that’s just my opinion backed up with valid evidence. If you don’t agree to it, you do you ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

ty, kthxbai
- Niko
DuPliCaTeD!!!!!
@Quetzi don't you DARE to lock this thread (pls)

Tacosbefriends

Forum Professional
Jan 13, 2014
Breakfast for Dinner Club HQ
@Tacosbefriends @Camezonda please respond to this thread. Thanks.
Reading, my greatest weakness! How could you?!

On Topic: I like the idea. I don't think we'd retroactively sift through all 850 pages to find previous accepted threads, since that's time mods and management can devote to more important things like player reports, bug testing, etc., but we could do that for future ones or if the community points one out to us. I'm definitely for the idea as you've described it above, but you need to understand that we're really not willing to force our staff to sift through so much stuff for such a small suggestion.

If we did have an archived suggestion sub-forum, we'd probably just move every thread that's been abandoned for more than a month there, since, again, we do not have the time to read through 850 pages of suggestions. If your thread were to get moved there and it was still awaiting management review, you're always welcome to make a new one.

Younisco

Forum Professional
May 13, 2014
london
I don't think we'd retroactively sift through all 850 pages to find previous accepted threads, since that's time mods and management can devote to more important things like player reports, bug testing, etc.,
The exact reason why I made the thread, by the way. :P
I wanted to see what the community wanted, and go from there, rather than read tens of thousands of suggestion threads to find only a hundred that has actual use. :]

Nikoshka

Dedicated Member
Jan 10, 2018

On Topic: I like the idea. I don't think we'd retroactively sift through all 850 pages to find previous accepted threads, since that's time mods and management can devote to more important things like player reports, bug testing, etc., but we could do that for future ones or if the community points one out to us. I'm definitely for the idea as you've described it above, but you need to understand that we're really not willing to force our staff to sift through so much stuff for such a small suggestion.

If we did have an archived suggestion sub-forum, we'd probably just move every thread that's been abandoned for more than a month there, since, again, we do not have the time to read through 850 pages of suggestions. If your thread were to get moved there and it was still awaiting management review, you're always welcome to make a new one.

Ye so perhaps all previously accepted threads prior to this small suggestion get moved to archive as it’ll take time to move all accepted threads to accepted.
Also, I like the idea of the month old threads also moved to archive. There’s a function in the Xenforo admin panel called ‘Batch Tools” or something like that where you’d be able to move all such threads across. :)

The exact reason why I made the thread, by the way. :p
I wanted to see what the community wanted, and go from there, rather than read tens of thousands of suggestion threads to find only a hundred that has actual use. :]

The community wants a lot though and this thread explains why perhaps the thread is not enough for such a large server with hundreds of thousands of unique players every day wanting to improve Cubecraft. This small action would really benefit Cube in finding them hidden gems which Cube needs on the network. :P

Reactions: Younisco

AFreakingCookie (Hank)

Dedicated Member
Apr 3, 2016

Accepted Suggestions

Why?

Accepted Suggestions -

BL02eTD.jpg

‘Reasonable suggestions’

ipHK6Qf.jpg

ty, kthxbai
- Niko
I like the idea, but that would be a lot of work for the staff. How could this be avoided? Maybe a group of staff members would agree to go through and sort these? I don’t know...

Nikoshka

Dedicated Member
Jan 10, 2018
I like the idea, but that would be a lot of work for the staff. How could this be avoided? Maybe a group of staff members would agree to go through and sort these? I don’t know...

There is a Xenforo tool which can batch move all current threads which are locked. The old reports system used to have some sort of tool where it moved locked reports into an archive.

There are many other ways of doing this to make it easier for staff to manage aswell :p

Younisco

Forum Professional
May 13, 2014
london
The community wants a lot though and this thread explains why perhaps the thread is not enough for such a large server with hundreds of thousands of unique players every day wanting to improve Cubecraft. This small action would really benefit Cube in finding them hidden gems which Cube needs on the network. :p
Definitely! I wasn't planning on having the thread there forever, just a little temporary catch up with the players to see what they'd like. :D

Reactions: Nikoshka

Quetzi

Jun 7, 2017
@quetzi
quetzi.tv

Accepted Suggestions

A suggestions thread belongs in the suggestions forum, so creating one there makes absolute sense. Its purpose is to collate the interesting suggestions in one place. So your complaint about the fact that you think it is just a sub-forum isn't particularly valid. Your actual suggestion is to create 2 sub-forums instead of 1 thread, which is just doubling up the 'problem' in your eyes.

Nikoshka

Dedicated Member
Jan 10, 2018
A suggestions thread belongs in the suggestions forum, so creating one there makes absolute sense. Its purpose is to collate the interesting suggestions in one place. So your complaint about the fact that you think it is just a sub-forum isn't particularly valid. Your actual suggestion is to create 2 sub-forums instead of 1 thread, which is just doubling up the 'problem' in your eyes.

Not really though.
The sub-forums I’m suggesting actually have a purpose while the compilation thread is literally a suggestions dump. The thread has the exact same purpose as the section it’s in which kinda renders it useless in my eyes.

The sub-forums allow for sorting and organisation of suggestions for ease.

‘interesting suggestions’
But that’s literally exactly what’s not going to happen. Anyone and everyone can post on that thread whether the suggestion is good or bad. I’ve given an example in the main thread.

Reactions: CommunistCactus
D

Deleted member 169486

Then try this:

Delete/Archive all the suggestion threads.

Then, start asking people to make new suggestions. As they roll it, moderators/helpers will move the really good ones into a subforum called "Awaiting Management Review" at which point the thread will be locked, but still visible.

After the management member looks at them, they get moved into another one called "Work In Progress Suggestions" or "Denied Suggestions". Denied suggestions is where suggestions that are completely useless/do not fit in go.

That way players will know suggestions are being read. Now, there will be the issue of "We don't want to get people's hopes up", however, you can simply reply to threads that didn't work in "Work in progress Suggestions" and say "Hey, we tried, it just wasn't possible."

Reactions: CommunistCactus

Quetzi

Jun 7, 2017
@quetzi
quetzi.tv
Sorting that won't, and can't happen (for many reasons). What might be feasible is creating some forum tags to show when a thread has been read/reviewed. Announcing that we are working on a suggestion, which then gets scrapped down the road, or delayed for months is just going to cause unnecessary friction. Similarly rejecting a suggestion which then gets implemented months later is also not going to be well received. I'm not sure if just putting a 'reviewed' tag on a post is enough feedback though, the trouble is, often not giving feedback is the best option as there is a chance that Management feedback skews the feedback from other readers, something we don't want to do.

D

Deleted member 169486

Sorting that won't, and can't happen (for many reasons).
Like?

What might be feasible is creating some forum tags to show when a thread has been read/reviewed.
Because it takes so much more time to move a thread then add a tag?

Announcing that we are working on a suggestion, which then gets scrapped down the road, or delayed for months is just going to cause unnecessary friction
Better then people suggesting things over and over again with people arguing about it all the time while several people knew it was happening (emerald gens, normal enderpearls in eggwars)

Similarly rejecting a suggestion which then gets implemented months later is also not going to be well received
"Hey guys, at first this didn't seem like that good of an idea, but we talked it over and decided we thought it might be good addition to the server"

there is a chance that Management feedback skews the feedback from other readers, something we don't want to do.
How so?

CommunistCactus

Forum Professional
Mar 13, 2015
Beyond time and space
(for many reasons)
List them please.
Announcing that we are working on a suggestion, which then gets scrapped down the road, or delayed for months is just going to cause unnecessary friction.
Like that isn't happening right now already (see: Parkour, custom shields)
I get the "unnecessary friction" problem, but the thing is that not giving any response to suggestions does just that, and creates more dissatisfaction than just having us told our suggestions can't be implemented.
(and no, creating a "Suggestions compilation" thread which bears exactly the same purpose as the subforum itself doesn't give us an impression of being listened to at all)
Then why reject it in the first place if you're not sure about it yet?
I'm not sure if just putting a 'reviewed' tag on a post is enough feedback though,
It won't be. We would have no clue if it's a positive or a negative thing if the reviewer doesn't leave a comment with an explanation.
the trouble is, often not giving feedback is the best option as there is a chance that Management feedback skews the feedback from other readers, something we don't want to do.
I see, and have seen this happening on multiple threads indeed, not just with management but with mods too, however I'm pretty sure not giving feedback still gives a worse impression of you to the community.
What you could do instead is just respond to the thread after some community comments have been placed (so a few days after the thread was created, not a few months). There will always be some people who will be unaffected by the fact that someone from the staff team has a different opinion and will still respond with his/her own opinion, also creating a good chance others will follow. I've seen this happening a lot too.

Reactions: Nikoshka

Power Ranger

Forum Professional
Apr 20, 2016
The ♡
www.cubecraft.net
An "Archived Suggestions" section would be really nice to clear up the suggestions forum. There are a ton of suggestions that are already added or can't really be acted upon like "ban more hackers". Removing these suggestions from the main forum would make it much easier to find good suggestions.

An "accepted suggestions" section would be nice but a lot of work with very little benefit. I tried making a list almost a year ago but gave up with how much work it was to go through every suggestion. I made it through about the oldest 50 pages of suggestions by myself but that took so much spare time that I probably will never have again. I gave up after realizing that I might have to go through all those suggestions again as new updates came out. Here's the thread if you want to see it https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/accepted-suggestions.183413/ There's probably a lot of mistakes in it.

Members Online

Members online

Latest profile posts

denki_kiri wrote on savina875's profile.
Thanks for the follow :D
Desiderata wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
eggs age over time

how curious
C95689C6-C73E-40B4-9CD7-76C479A7E2D5.png

Here’s my son, I made him in biology today! Say hi to Jimothy!
UncleSpect wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Happy birthday! 🎈
Desiderata wrote on savina875's profile.
thabks 4 folow
Top Bottom