Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Which suggestion(s) should be implemented?

• Total voters

Lime

Dedicated Member
Nov 17, 2015
Hello everyone! In this thread, I will be suggesting two things for Lucky Islands.

• We all know the resource pack of Lucky Islands you need to install beforehand in order to play the gamemode 'correctly'. Something about that has been bothering me for a while actually. I manually downloaded the Lucky Islands resource pack from the forums so that I don't have to click 'install' every time. Since I always have the resource pack active in my 'selected resource packs' in Minecraft, there is no need to install it twice. Regrettably, the menu where you can install the resource pack shows up every time I want to join a game. Therefore, I think that the menu should only pop-up once, when you want to play Lucky Islands. So if you click no, you won't see the menu again until you reconnect to the server. It may sound unnecessary for some people, but for those who downloaded the resource pack manually, it could be pretty useful.
  • You may have been in a big party once, with whom you play multiple games, including Lucky Islands. Sadly, you haven't installed the resource pack because the partyleader joined a game too fast. Because this happened to me many times, and probably to others as well, I think it would be a great idea to add another item to the hotbar, the 9th slot to be specific. But what would it do if I click on it? The same menu I talked about in the first suggestion will pop-up and ask if you want to install the resource pack. In that way, you will still be able to install the resource pack in the waiting lobby (and possibly in the cage too) without asking them to go back to the lobby for a few seconds. In the spoiler below, you can see how I think it should look.
install.png
I do get that some things may sound a little unnecessary at first, but I think it's pretty useful and may decrease annoyingness on the long run. Feel free to give your opinion on these suggestions! I'm curious. ;)

decobra

Novice Member
May 21, 2017
I think this should be implemented just because it’s just irritating too leave as a partyleader because someone didn’t got the res pack on I think it would be handy too if there was just a place where you can download it so you can place it in your resource pack folder

ElectricSweden

Novice Member
Aug 14, 2018
Sweden
I really like the idea with the hotbar. That way you can both save time and get rid of the annoying part. Also if you have installed the texturepack manually you can play lucky islands without the annoying screen popping up every game (as you said). I do think this is a really good idea and I think that many players would like it!:)

Reactions: Lime

eBoyRoy

Dec 31, 2019
Nederland
you can also edit the server in the server list and set 'Server resource pack" to "prompt" this makes is so that you always have it enabled. the resource pack edits so little that you can have it enabled all the time

Jedidiahh

Apr 27, 2020
I think it's a great idea! But instead of specific item in the hotbar, i'd rather choose a command (for example /resourcepack ). It will be more useful, just because you can use it in game as well.

Lime

Dedicated Member
Nov 17, 2015
you can also edit the server in the server list and set 'Server resource pack" to "prompt" this makes is so that you always have it enabled. the resource pack edits so little that you can have it enabled all the time
I know that’s possible, because I always have the resource pack active but that's not one of the points of this suggestion. My suggestion is to get rid of this:
Regrettably, the menu where you can install the resource pack shows up every time I want to join a game.

Lime

Dedicated Member
Nov 17, 2015
I think it's a great idea! But instead of specific item in the hotbar, i'd rather choose a command (for example /resourcepack ). It will be more useful, just because you can use it in game as well.
That’s a good one as well! However, if that would be implemented, I think there should be some sort of notification which says that there is a command to install the resource pack, because some people may not know it exists.

Reactions: Jedidiahh

Jedidiahh

Apr 27, 2020
That’s a good one as well! However, if that would be implemented, I think there should be some sort of notification which says that there is a command to install the resource pack, because some people may not know it exists.
Yea, you're right.

Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on Frontlane's profile.
💙
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on Migratie's profile.
Happy Birthday:D
Reesle wrote on SalasmonkeGG's profile.
Thank you for the follow! :D
Pluisje wrote on Hoshi's profile.
💅🏼💅🏼💅🏼
Top Bottom