Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Is this helpful?

• Nah, we can live without it.

Votes: 10 34.5%
  • If not I, then others will be happy to use it.

Votes: 19 65.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

BringMeTheHorizon ♠

Forum Expert
Mar 29, 2017
United Stairs of America
Before I get into this, I'm typing this via mobile as my computer is in a break down. I apologize if the thread looks badly made or anything.

As the title says: An /ignore command. The command is pretty self explanatory. It allows you to ignore every player's messages after using that command.

Why is this useful? : There are times where people get too offensive, or harmful, and reporting doesn't instantly help. Or maybe a spammer in an eggwars game. By using this command, you can no longer see a person's messages, which will give you peace and quiet.

An example, when someone starts saying really offensive phrases or words or expressions, and you already reported the person in question, you can't do anything anymore but keep seeing his offensive messages. While with the /ignore command, there's no need to see any messages when you've got enough evidence for a report. :)

The very same goes with bullying and spamming. Sometimes, you can get mad at sentences that aren't reportable. You might become too mad and maybe even end up being reported yourself. I know a friend, when people use a specific nickname for him he gets kinda mad, although it's not reportable.

I don't think I can express this any further, well I don't think so, at least. Ask questions in the comments I guess? >.>

When voting, please also take in consideration that if you don't mind players doing this to you, a lot of others will care and get hurt, or just be sad.

xLeromee

Sep 1, 2017
I don't think this is helpful as people maybe can insult you And I lived that after insulting them they're trying to say you something. Also, I don't think this is good for the community since if he's insulting you should warn them at the first time and then report. If he only gets a day perm mute and he continues insulting you or another user of cubecraft it can get a permanent mute, so until you have him permanent mute you shall not ignore him.

-1 Vote, Why? Simple, no need to ignore when you can report a user.

BringMeTheHorizon ♠

Forum Expert
Mar 29, 2017
United Stairs of America
Again, read my post fully. I said, when you have enough evidence for a report, but the player is still insulting and it annoys you, then you can't do anything other than watch him, get mad, and probably swear back. It's an attempt of provoking you, and after the report is done, you can easily do /ignore and not care.

Then again, not every annoying message is warn able or mute-able. I'm not sure if you really read my thread or just the title, or didn't comprehend my thread.

remio

Forum Professional
Sep 18, 2016
The Netherlands
www.youtube.com
I don't think this is helpful as people maybe can insult you And I lived that after insulting them they're trying to say you something. Also, I don't think this is good for the community since if he's insulting you should warn them at the first time and then report. If he only gets a day perm mute and he continues insulting you or another user of cubecraft it can get a permanent mute, so until you have him permanent mute you shall not ignore him.

I agree, why? Because you first receive a warning for swearing, so the player is still able to swear after the report.
And, we also have an ignore button in the forums, so why not?

xLeromee

Sep 1, 2017
Please, also know so, if an user is ignored by some people because he's annoying, who is the one that is gonna report him? No one, so the users that doesn't know this command maybe because they're new they will suffer it. Someone needs to also report them

Sweetenerera

Forum Professional
Jul 24, 2016
by the way, by the way, just need to get this of my chest: THIS IS ALSO IN HYPIXEL..

BringMeTheHorizon ♠

Forum Expert
Mar 29, 2017
United Stairs of America
Please, also know so, if an user is ignored by some people because he's annoying, who is the one that is gonna report him? No one, so the users that doesn't know this command maybe because they're new they will suffer it. Someone needs to also report them
You see, you won't meet the exact people in every single game. There are around 10 thousands players on CubeCraft. Also, I believe someone would understand after receiving their first warning.
Edit: I seriously did not know that command really exists there? I've had this idea for a while, and I just remembered to make a thread about it. @ArianaBrrrande

Reactions: Spam pot

xLeromee

Sep 1, 2017
Yes, but rodrigo. Not everyone is that 'good person xd' to understand their warnings, so they'll simply continue swearing. Don't just except to people be good with all the world, it's impossible

BringMeTheHorizon ♠

Forum Expert
Mar 29, 2017
United Stairs of America
Yes, but rodrigo. Not everyone is that 'good person xd' to understand their warnings, so they'll simply continue swearing. Don't just except to people be good with all the world, it's impossible
So you're saying the other 9999 players in CubeCraft can't take care of him? Only that one guy? Also, what if someone can't even report? He's just not able to. I don't know the reason. Does he really need to just keep seeing his messages? Don't forget, we're not only talking about messages that can get you warned, just annoying and un-reportable sentences. You're making it seem as if only 1 person can report and all the others can't. You only get 4 chances until a permanent mute incase of swearing. I think 10000 players can handle that one player.

Reactions: Spam pot and remio

Shay <3

Jan 27, 2017
Frick man, I don't know, I'm lost
I somewhat agree, if you report them and they get mute that's kind of not fair, I mean sure it shuts them up, but what if it was something personal, like what if you guys broke up or something? I guess xD but like, they shouldn't be muted from their other friends for being rude personally to one specific person, I honestly would use "/ignore (username)" command because theres plenty of people I want to ignore tbh.

+1 vote- I'd use it I guess

xLeromee

Sep 1, 2017
I'm saying that if everyone is ignoring him, no one is gonna act vs the people who insult always. The reports are here for something. The ignore command is simple, you can do it yourself by closing minecraft chat.

Priley

Forum Professional
Jul 6, 2015
reprotland

Agree. Less reports would be made
q
You don't need a command to ignore somebody
Indeed, just "learn" to ignore players.
by the way, by the way, just need to get this of my chest: THIS IS ALSO IN HYPIXEL..
Ogh please, how about we remove Skywars and forums? Cuz ye Hypixel also has forums. Wait let's just remove the server cause Hypixel is also a server, how bout we also remove chat cause hypixel also has chat?

In the end, a /ignore command shouldn't be added in my opinion

BringMeTheHorizon ♠

Forum Expert
Mar 29, 2017
United Stairs of America
Not everyone is patient and grown up as you are. Learning how to ignore someone can be hard, especially when someone is being offensive. But again, you won't see the very same player in every single game and lobby, there are THOUSANDS of other players. There technically won't be less reports. Again, it IS 4 chances until permanent mute. I don't see why everyone is stressing about this so much.
I'm saying that if everyone is ignoring him, no one is gonna act vs the people who insult always. The reports are here for something. The ignore command is simple, you can do it yourself by closing minecraft chat.
Are you saying that CubeCraft has like 15 online players or something? There are like 10 different lobbies for so many mini games. Each lobby fits so many players. It's so rare to see the very same player just in front of you after reporting him. I don't understand how can it be "everyone ignoring him"... But sure.

Reactions: Spam pot

xLeromee

Sep 1, 2017
Well, this suggestion isn't that necessary as minecraft has the option to hide the chat, or make it only to see commands. Also, you can ignore a player by not looking at the chat.

Priley

Forum Professional
Jul 6, 2015
reprotland
Are you seriously going to ignore an entire chat just for one player? What if you're in a party? Will you ignore party because of that one player?
lmao, just ignore the player by not answering. How hard can it be? Do you really want developers to work on a command for some toxic kids?

Reactions: Sweetenerera
Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

After coming back home after staying in the UK for a while, CubeCraft has became unplayable for me due to the region issue which is currently known and are being fixed as we speak, so I'll not be playing the server for the next few days due to this which upsets me because this is my favorite server. I understand your pain now guys
Mr Jii Gamer wrote on Soulless_Unity's profile.
Thank you for everything soul
timinator582162 wrote on sussy_blocka's profile.
Player Rayhidst2014 was traveling about 3 times normal speed. also was floating and flying. This ruined a perfectly good four player bedwars game.
Today starts Giro d'Italia one of the biggest cycling races in the world and who do you think will win the general classification after 21 days of cycling?
Top Bottom