Status
Not open for further replies.

RadiumWave

Novice Member
Jun 12, 2020
North Carolina, United States of America
Pronouns
He/Him
It's a global rule, not specific to bedrock. All rules apply to all networks, every player should have the right to vote on something.
But the specific post is arguing for bedrock, not java. Completely different arguments.
(Because of relatednoobs video *COUGH COUGH*)
Duh and that was my reason for the reason(multiple reactions within a shot period0 for me necroposting I just didnt mention that bit.
Link me to the site of a mouse that claims their mouse double clicks please and TY(fun fact none do LMAO)
I didn’t say anyone claims to have the ability to double click. If right out of the box it can double click, technically speaking it is built with the ability to double click, wether it‘s on purpose or not.

You can double click a lot more than just on a PC AHAHAHAHA.
You can actually drag on xbox/PS and switch
How the heck do you drag on a button thats less than a square cm…
Also like I said before, switch (lite) is irrelevant bc the CPS caps at like 8 because its a lower end device, if you dragged (short I would assume) like 20, theoretically you would get the same cps as jittering 8-18. I guess I can see how it is possible to double click on certain controllers but things like the Nintendo switch Pro controler and some ps controllers have a ”padded“ sort of click button.

Last edited:

bwead

Novice Member
Aug 21, 2021
I hadn't planned on replying to this, but seeing as it is revived I may as well.
How the heck do you drag on a button thats less than a square cm…
Also like I said before, switch (lite) is irrelevant bc the CPS caps at like 8 because its a lower end device, if you dragged (short I would assume) like 20, theoretically you would get the same cps as jittering 8-18. I guess I can see how it is possible to double click on certain controllers but things like the Nintendo switch Pro controler and some ps controllers have a ”padded“ sort of click button.
I actually know someone that plays ps4 on keyboard and mouse instead of controller.
However I still agree that this rule is stupid.

This rule is stupid, because simply jitter clicking and butterfly clicking with unaltered db time can trigger the anti-cheat. I got false banned for this a few days ago.

Also as @RadiumWave stated in a previous post, it is restricting both Java and Bedrock players from using their gaming mice because they have an "unfair advantage". But in reality double clicking and drag clicking have been accepted in the Minecraft community as a form of clicking. Some smaller 1.8 servers have disallowed it, however this is due to weaker anti-cheats.

• Agree
Reactions: RadiumWave

EddieMC

Feb 2, 2022
The Matrix
www.youtube.com
*Please read the entire post before voting, as I will be going over supporting arguments*

We will be talking about the rule:

The use of autoclickers, macros, mapping your click button to your mouse wheel, dragclicking, using multiple mice, or using a mouse that registers double clicks is not allowed. Also modifying your mouse's click function in any way via software or hardware is considered cheating and will result in a cheating ban.
1.3 - Clicking Methods​

What is debounce / double-clicking?

Double-clicking is a method of clicking a mouse that registers multiple inputs per one physical input on a mouse. For example, when you click once, two clicks register in-game rather than one. This is WITHOUT the use of ANY software or macros. How exactly does a double click work? A computer mouse registers a click usually by physical contact. It sends an electrical signal to your computer to register the click. When you click your mouse a certain way though, you can cause a "bouncing effect" where the mouse switches will register more than one electrical signal for a split second after you click your mouse. Some companies have gotten around this phenomenon by implementing a system called the "debounce delay" which will filter out the extra electrical signals. You can change how strict the filter is by modifying the debounce time. The higher it is set to, the more strict the filter.

Players are able to achieve higher CPS through double clicks when they lower the debounce time - reducing the filter's strictness.

The issue

Cubecraft has banned both double-clicking, and debounce modifying. This rule wasn't always around, until ~2 years ago when a player who goes by the name of STASI was suddenly banned for a month because they used "illegal modifications" by changing their debounce time.

Originally, this rule made sense, as Cubecraft had to consider other devices playing on the network (this was before input-based matchmaking), and they didn't want to allow PC players the advantage of using a special mouse feature - which mobile and console players cannot use. Now though, Cubecraft has input-based matchmaking. Players with a computer mouse go against other players with computer mice.

Most argue that "Changing your debounce is essentially using software to achieve higher CPS". This is true that you must use software to change debounce time, but you aren't using "cheating software" that is deliberately designed to exploit. The debounce slider is a feature in ALL SOFTWARE for gaming mice, made BY the company of the gaming mouse - not some third-party hacking client.

I would also like to take a moment to stop and really think about what debounce modifying really is. It is a FILTER to PREVENT clicks from occurring - not a slider to give you MORE clicks. Having your debounce slider at a high-strict setting is more of a handicap rather than a "normal occurrence". The filter itself is stopping legitimate electrical signals from being processed. It is NOT giving you MORE or LESS clicks. (This is not to be confused with a macro, which is software that multiplies a click after the signal is sent).

This argument is slightly weaker than the others, but I would still like to mention it. Nobody in the PvP/scrim community follows the debounce rule. Even new players that join Cubecraft for the first time will most likely have their debounce filter on a low setting. This happened recently with a YouTuber by the name of MontclairBear (147k subs) who uploaded a Cubecraft video for the first time a few days ago. The entire video is about him tellybridging/godbridging on Java 1.18 (godbridging requires a clicking method called dragclicking, which is only possible via a low-passive debounce filter). Unfortunately, I heard he is now banned from Java Cubecraft. Why did he use a low-passive debounce filter in his video in the first place? Because apart from Cubecraft, almost no other big PvP server restricts you from lowering your debounce. Hypixel for example allows debounce modification. Cubecraft is one of the only big PvP servers that prohibit low/passive debounce filtering.

Along with the last paragraph, reporting for double-clicking is practically impossible. Unless you have video evidence of the player's debounce slider at a low setting, there is not going to be enough proof to get someone punished. Players can simply argue that they were jitterclicking, or using another clicking method to achieve their CPS. For this reason too, almost everyone in the PvP community doubles.

Another argument I want to bring is that of "using hardware to give yourself an unfair advantage". If this really means what I think, then this can be generalized to "players are not allowed to use gaming mice on Cubecraft". The double-click phenomenon happens with every gaming mouse switch, this is not something that is only built into highly rare and expensive mice.

For my final argument, I want to go over "double-clicking is abusing your mouse's hardware to give yourself an advantage". Ok. So how is this any different from jitterclicking? If we are talking about a normal computer mouse, anything but normal clicking is technically abusing a mouse. There really is no difference whether you are jittering 18 cps or double-clicking 20 cps. It is all abusing your mouse to achieve more clicks per second in a block video game.

The solution

If Cubecraft is really concerned about high CPS, they should take the initiative themselves to add a CPS cap, not force each player to change a setting on their mouse's official software to filter out more CPS just to play on one server.

Thank you for reading if you've made it this far. Please try to keep an open mind about what I've said, and react to this post. This is also a slightly-heated topic, so, please do not start anything unnecessary.

Thanks.
defintly think it should be changed.

kochido

Apr 8, 2020
allowing double clicks will also either limit bans or inflict more false bans on players, it's good how it is now. If a player is reaching 16+ it's against rules however if double clicking is allowed this helps cheaters as people who double can reach 17-20 cos making it harder to differentiate between the two. How it is now is fine. Just because two YouTubers got banned on their own accords doesn't mean a whole new rule has to be implemented

Reactions: Usurper

DarkStray

Dedicated Member
Sep 17, 2019
United States
youtube.com
But the specific post is arguing for bedrock, not java. Completely different arguments.
Cubecraft is not going to make 2 rules pages for both networks, so whatever changes they make affect both servers
Then why did WaspBrain get banned? Also, you were absolutely toxic to two players in a duos game who may have double clicked once that game but were certainly not abusing it.
Who I can pull up a clip LMAO. Everyone I accuse of cheating cheats.
You don't have to try to abuse something, just by doing something you can cause doubles. And the reason they click that way is because it gives them an advantage, so they still made the conscious decision to cheat.
This rule is stupid, because simply jitter clicking and butterfly clicking with unaltered db time can trigger the anti-cheat. I got false banned for this a few days ago.
As a person who peaks 18CPS I have never got false banned for clicking that fast, the only time I EVER got banned was when I got a gamebar bug that caused me to click 32 with doubles.
The anticheat works good enough for cheaters.
Also as @RadiumWave stated in a previous post, it is restricting both Java and Bedrock players from using their gaming mice because they have an "unfair advantage". But in reality double clicking and drag clicking have been accepted in the Minecraft community as a form of clicking. Some smaller 1.8 servers have disallowed it, however this is due to weaker anti-cheats.
No "gaming mice" or any mouse in the matter are labeled as "double clicking" by the manufactures.
allowing double clicks will also either limit bans or inflict more false bans on players, it's good how it is now. If a player is reaching 16+ it's against rules however if double clicking is allowed this helps cheaters as people who double can reach 17-20 cos making it harder to differentiate between the two. How it is now is fine. Just because two YouTubers got banned on their own accords doesn't mean a whole new rule has to be implemented
More of 20+ cps is where you start getting banned currently. And even then you can click 13cps doubles and get banned.
But me (and many hours I have on alts) has never been banned for 17cps jitter

• Disagree
Reactions: Iridinox

RadiumWave

Novice Member
Jun 12, 2020
North Carolina, United States of America
Pronouns
He/Him
No "gaming mice" or any mouse in the matter are labeled as "double clicking" by the manufactures.
Yet mine double clicks almost every way I click it except one very uncomfortable and ineffective way which I have to use because of the rule. I never said they were labeled as double clicking but many can from the start. Technically speaking its nearly impossible to use my mouse without technically cheating. I just think thats unfair not allowing me to use my mouse because of some rule nobody else has.

Iridinox

Jun 11, 2022
Stardew Valley
Pronouns
He/Him
Everyone I accuse of cheating cheats.
You don't have to try to abuse something, just by doing something you can cause doubles. And the reason they click that way is because it gives them an advantage, so they still made the conscious decision to cheat.
the only time I EVER got banned was when I got a gamebar bug that caused me to click 32 with doubles
1. 100% cap, you accuse people who click higher than 10 cps consistently, not all are cheaters e.g. RadiumWave who was being as careful as he could to not double click against you (and didn’t) and you told him he was going to be banned like an immature 8 year old (he wasn’t)

2. Again, RadiumWave can’t really butterfly of jitter click for a long period of time without accidentally double clicking once or twice… it’s a problem with the mouse, not that he’s consciously cheating. Another friend’s mouse is completely broken and can only double click no matter what… and he has a month ban now :P

3. Yet you have two seperate videos covering different bans on your YouTube channel….

guinea_pigcrown5687

Aug 14, 2021
My Guinea pigs' cage EU#12
Pronouns
He/Him
@RelatedNoobs as a console player I have no part to this but after watching your vid I agree,
PC players should have alright, you need to look at other servers, they don't have this rule, so why should we. The reason cubecraft is so dead is because like 75% of the are banned and it feels like 97% is double clicking. So if this doesn't get changed and PC don't get rights I will be not happy and may never play cubecraft again. I do not want this as I have spent lots of money, made lots of friends, and had tons of fun.
Idc, We have a right in this world inside gaming a not.
-rabidsyllab

Fesa

Quality Assurance
Team CubeCraft
🧪 Quality Assurance
Oct 17, 2016
Yoitsu
Pronouns
She/Her
The reason cubecraft is so dead
1660058509763.png

CubeCraft so dead it is the most play Bedrock server 💯

bwead

Novice Member
Aug 21, 2021
I never said they were, but some do double click out of the box, whether they label it or not. It doesn't matter.
As a person who peaks 18CPS I have never got false banned for clicking that fast, the only time I EVER got banned was when I got a gamebar bug that caused me to click 32 with doubles.
The anticheat works good enough for cheaters.
I find Bedrock is better when it comes to false bans over Java.

Reactions: RadiumWave

bwead

Novice Member
Aug 21, 2021
I never said they were, but some do double click out of the box, whether they label it or not. It doesn't matter.

However idrk, I'm not really interested in this topic at all at this point, therefor I don't plan on continuing in this thread.

DarkStray

Dedicated Member
Sep 17, 2019
United States
youtube.com
Yet mine double clicks almost every way I click it except one very uncomfortable and ineffective way which I have to use because of the rule. I never said they were labeled as double clicking but many can from the start. Technically speaking its nearly impossible to use my mouse without technically cheating. I just think thats unfair not allowing me to use my mouse because of some rule nobody else has.
BUT DOES EVERYONES mouse double click like yours does?

That's the point I'm making, it's not fair to those players or I.
Because they aren't meant to be used in that way, no mice is meant to double click
what?

• Unsure

DarkStray

Dedicated Member
Sep 17, 2019
United States
youtube.com
Many gaming mouse double click out of the box and many even at 10ms still do. I never said everyone’s. I even admit that many mice dont at all but newer gaming mice IN GENERAL double click often.
"MANY" Actually most do not come out of the box double clicking, fun fact,
Just the mice YOU specifically bought because either
A) You were recommended it by a double clicker and was promised more CPS
or
B) You bought it because other people's experience with it double clicking.
Most mice and gaming mice do not come out of the box with the intent of double clicking, thats the point of a debounce slider, not to cause more double clicks but to reduce the amount of them over time and wear on the mouse.
Not to make more doubles.
Ikr little bit alot player
Imagine cubecraft adding a new game but to many bugs they won't fix or no, dev are just busy everytime
A lot of bugs and a lot of cheaters, but new gamemodes are #1 priority for cube and it's sad...
But the post is about double clicking

Iridinox

Jun 11, 2022
Stardew Valley
Pronouns
He/Him
A) You were recommended it by a double clicker and was promised more CPS
or
B) You bought it because other people's experience with it double clicking.
1, there’s barely any difference between those two options. 2, There’s at least an option C of: you bought the mouse because it’s a good model, and it happens to double click occasionally after a lot of use.

DarkStray

Dedicated Member
Sep 17, 2019
United States
youtube.com
1, there’s barely any difference between those two options. 2, There’s at least an option C of: you bought the mouse because it’s a good model, and it happens to double click occasionally after a lot of use.
AFTER A LOT OF USE
Not as much of "A lot of use" as it is "A lot of abuse"
But by that point you have a broken mouse, and 100% of mice do not come out of the box to double lmao. Only until you abuse the mouse in a way it's not deigned to be used

Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

Sergiio12 wrote on LoveAndMafia's profile.
Alejaaaandro
Blom wrote on Lyriie's profile.
Lyriie, sorry for bullying you all the time :o
Ur an amazing staff member <3
mojang nerf mobile players pls
Someone nerfed me because I can't find those hidden chests as easily anymore.. I won't stop trying tho >:c
Top Bottom