Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Do you agree with the improvements suggested down below?

• Yes

Votes: 5 35.7%
  • No

Votes: 9 64.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ItzCamJam

Feb 4, 2017
idek
So this is about the applications, and it is just a little something added on. It isn't really meant to hurt anyone, but to help. You'll see what I mean shortly. It is extremely hard to get accepted by the Cubecraft team, and to those helpers out here, congratz, you just did the impossible. They nailed everything perfectly, while the denied ones don't even know what just happened. So you reapply and reapply, because obviously you care, right? So what are you doing wrong? Well, this is what this thread is about.
The Application page
I think there is one thing they need to add in general to the application itself, the words "Please be detailed." Obviously, the staff want to get to know you, but to be fair it is almost like a trick in the book. There is one small box and the people just think to put the shortest answer as possible. Wrong! If you want to become a helper or builder, you got to be honest with detail, so adding those three words may help a lot.
Accepted or Denied?
At the end of the application there are words saying that if you don't get accepted you wont be told, or you'll have to wait a month to do so. But if you do get accepted, they will tell you right away, because it is huge news. What the staff need to add is a accepted or denied feature, which allows them to press one and it will send a message automatically to the applier. This will state whether the got accepted or not in a quick and simple way. If you do get denied, what did you do wrong? What do you need to fix???
What did I do?
Along with the feature of the automatic message, there should also be an option to tell the applicant what he/she did wrong. So the idea is almost like ban hammer, if you will. When denied (staff position), another pop up will have features that allow the staff to click once more again, to give some detail. If you can't imagine it, the options will be something like "To short." "Not enough detail." "Not old enough." "Spam." or "Little experience." Something to give the applicants a clue on what they need to fix. And this can be done within a matter of minutes. A message will pop up on their "private conversation" giving the full message from a recruiter. However, in the private message, it will be locked so the person that applied can't comment back, saving the staff team some time.
If you are spammed or trolled???
This one is mainly for the staff team, but if you are spammed applications from one individual, you can set up a warning system, indicating that if that individual sends another application in the next 2 or so weeks then the individual will receive a temporary ban. If they spam appeals then they will be permanently banned, no questions asked.

So this is a way to improve your applications, not destroy them. This will be going out to a few staff members @Camezonda @Efcluke94 @Cyan @rubik_cube_man . Feel free to comment down below if this is a good suggestion, But please do not lock until requested in the comments by CamBam300. I want to give the public some time to think about this as well. So what do you do? Vote at the top of the page!! It gives a clearer understanding of what the general public thinks. Also comment down below on some improvements or feed back. As always...

Godbless -CamBam300

LEO_KILLER_01

Nov 30, 2016
The Gym
So this is about the applications, and it is just a little something added on. It isn't really meant to hurt anyone, but to help. You'll see what I mean shortly. It is extremely hard to get accepted by the Cubecraft team, and to those helpers out here, congratz, you just did the impossible. They nailed everything perfectly, while the denied ones don't even know what just happened. So you reapply and reapply, because obviously you care, right? So what are you doing wrong? Well, this is what this thread is about.
The Application page
I think there is one thing they need to add in general to the application itself, the words "Please be detailed." Obviously, the staff want to get to know you, but to be fair it is almost like a trick in the book. There is one small box and the people just think to put the shortest answer as possible. Wrong! If you want to become a helper or builder, you got to be honest with detail, so adding those three words may help a lot.
Accepted or Denied?
At the end of the application there are words saying that if you don't get accepted you wont be told, or you'll have to wait a month to do so. But if you do get accepted, they will tell you right away, because it is huge news. What the staff need to add is a accepted or denied feature, which allows them to press one and it will send a message automatically to the applier. This will state whether the got accepted or not in a quick and simple way. If you do get denied, what did you do wrong? What do you need to fix???
What did I do?
Along with the feature of the automatic message, there should also be an option to tell the applicant what he/she did wrong. So the idea is almost like ban hammer, if you will. When denied (staff position), another pop up will have features that allow the staff to click once more again, to give some detail. If you can't imagine it, the options will be something like "To short." "Not enough detail." "Not old enough." "Spam." or "Little experience." Something to give the applicants a clue on what they need to fix. And this can be done within a matter of minutes. A message will pop up on their "private conversation" giving the full message from a recruiter. However, in the private message, it will be locked so the person that applied can't comment back, saving the staff team some time.
This one is mainly for the staff team, but if you are spammed applications from one individual, you can set up a warning system, indicating that if that individual sends another application in the next 2 or so weeks then the individual will receive a temporary ban. If they spam appeals then they will be permanently banned, no questions asked.

So this is a way to improve your applications, not destroy them. This will be going out to a few staff members @Camezonda @Efcluke94 @Cyan @rubik_cube_man . Feel free to comment down below if this is a good suggestion, But please do not lock until requested in the comments by CamBam300. I want to give the public some time to think about this as well. So what do you do? Vote at the top of the page!! It gives a clearer understanding of what the general public thinks. Also comment down below on some improvements or feed back. As always...

Godbless -CamBam300
I think is good as it is at the moment, but this is also a good suggestion ;):)

B

Britney Spears

The Application page

You're basically applying for a role in a staff team of a server with a huge playerbase, that you'll have to be detailed in order to be accepted is pretty obvious

Accepted or Denied?

Patience is a virtue, wait one month, haven't heard anything? Then you've been denied. One month is enough time to evaluate yourself to see what you could possibly do better to get the job

What did I do?

They get a lot of applications, this would be way too time consuming. Also, it'd be very easy to become a staff member here if you know exactly what you have to do in order to achieve it

I think is good as it is at the moment, but this is also a good suggestion ;):)

You know you could just like the thread to show the editor that you've enjoyed reading it. It's a lot more simple than writing it down you know.

LEO_KILLER_01

Nov 30, 2016
The Gym
You're basically applying for a role in a staff team of a server with a huge playerbase, that you'll have to be detailed in order to be accepted is pretty obvious

Patience is a virtue, wait one month, haven't heard anything? Then you've been denied. One month is enough time to evaluate yourself to see what you could possibly do better to get the job

They get a lot of applications, this would be way too time consuming. Also, it'd be very easy to become a staff member here if you know exactly what you have to do in order to achieve it

You know you could just like the thread to show the editor that you've enjoyed reading it. It's a lot more simple than writing it down you know.
I forgot to like it LOL, my bad xd:p:D

Reactions: Britney Spears

Clacks

Nov 30, 2016
Qatar
would highly disagree.
It should be based on your judgement and you should know when you are denied.
You need to know if you've been denied or not, not by a status.

Not only that but this requires a lot of unnecessary coding for something that can be judged by you
also to mention that there is no "deny" part through google. Considering how many apps there are (there are surprisingly a lot),
this will most likely not be a feature.

Reactions: zDutchie

Ghoste

Nov 30, 2016
the computer
The Application page
Accepted or Denied?
What did I do?

Godbless -CamBam300
This a pretty good suggestion, but here is the thing, they use google docs.
So probably they can make a section (like you said), and you can make a thread for you application, where only the staff management, and you can see it. When they read your application, and decided to accept it, or deny it, they reply to your thread saying that.

Reactions: Maaarijn

ItzCamJam

Feb 4, 2017
idek

I understand that patience is a huge factor. However, since they may get a reply back, they have no reason to spam a mod telling them to review their application. If they do, that is a warning. And like always, the application will be denied. They can cut the time shorter to like a week. That is a real test, because it is so short of time that you just want to know right away. I respect your opinion, being you are a former mod and you know the process to well.

Bob_the_Giraffe

Dedicated Member
Nov 5, 2013
Canada
It would simply be ridiculous to have to click deny on certain applications, there's hundreds if not thousands of applications that we get to look at and many that are incomplete or just irrelevant and having to click "denied" would just be an extra unnecessary thing to have to do.

Gainfullterror

Forum Professional
Mar 24, 2016
Breakfast for Dinner Club HQ
www.cubecraft.net
The Application page
It's in the application thread, and it's common sense that you have to be detailed when applying for things like a staff role to applying for a job.
If you didn't know that, it's fair to say that you didn't read the main thread.
It states it near the bottom:
upload_2017-8-1_20-42-41.png

Accepted or Denied?
Nothing would be more upsetting than seeing a message named "Application response" just to be greeted by "You have been denied!". It's not necessary to add the denial message, as it won't matter either way in the long run.

What did I do?
As great as this would be, no.
This would basically be a staff member telling you exactly what to write down on your application in order to pass, which will end up in lots of players lying to make themselves look good in the right places.
Most of the reasons of possible denial are in the main thread & the FAQ thread, and that's more than enough information given. Any more would probably end up in players lying even more for their applications than they already do.
Usually they'd be able to tell if someone's lying or not if it's a familiar player (known on the forums), since they already have a lot of messages to compare to what the applicant wrote down.

If this happens, banning them from the application system wouldn't be necessary. This shows impatience, pretty much leading to an instant denial for a while.

The only ever change I'd want to make at this point is: Scheduled resets. This would be very helpful to the community, and pretty much everyone would want this.
Ever since some person made a thread about the applications, I believe they've made quite a few important changes to it. Right now I don't see anything wrong with it, and it doesn't need a change.

ChasingRainbows

Jun 16, 2016
Florida
The threads regarding applications tell you quite a lot about what you should and shouldn't do to get accepted. I can only imagine the nightmare it must be sorting through applications, because I imagine that it is like looking for a specific molecule of water in the ocean. And in terms of them telling you what you did wrong, if you can't figure it out you probably shouldn't be staff anyway.

But please do not lock until requested in the comments by CamBam300.
If the staff feel this should be locked, it should be.

Injunction

Forum Expert
Sep 2, 2016
In A Box In San Francisco
The Application page
Accepted or Denied?
What did I do?

Godbless -CamBam300
Well just saying they won't just randomly lock the thread for no reason but they may if it is for example necroposted on but other than that no thye wouldn't without you asking for it
For the accepted or denied
It would get most people asking why and they just get too many to say why same goes for the other part with this
The please be detailed I find is kinda obvious and I believe for the builder applications they already say this in the builds you make
Also yeah spamming would be good to add a warning for on the forums so you don't do it or get your forums account banned

Gaaabb

Dedicated Member
May 2, 2017
The Application page
Accepted or Denied?
What did I do?

Godbless -CamBam300
Yup, if someone applied and after a month he received nothing, then it is difficult for him/her what he/she did wrong! Good thread, keep up the good work!

Proditio

Dec 16, 2016
United States
Honestly a lot of what you said seems like it just takes a little of putting two and two together to figure out. If you don't automatically put down a lot of detail for an application than maybe you should re-consider signing up. :p I don't know, a lot of this seems a bit pointless. Making it so they say accept or denied also would take up extra time, not to mention that it isn't one person going through looking at all the applications and making the decision, so it is hard to put an essact date on when to decide to officially deny it, this just adds more complications.

Reactions: SrKlompenstein
N

Nikboo

Most players are denied because they don't actually read the Helper application FAQ or the Helper Application thread. Becoming a helper isn't impossible however, we don't want to accept players who just purely don't want to actually put effort into becoming one.

Helper Application FAQ said:
We generally do not accept helper applications from people with less than 100 messages on the forums or people with less than 3 months of activity.

This is a quote from the Helper Application FAQ which I presume players who actually want to put effort into becoming a helper would read. I don't think there has been a single player accepted with less than 100 messages on the Cubecraft forums site (discluding the helpers accepted during Chunk merge).
Most players who apply don't even have a forum profile which shows why we deny so many applications each reset.
The reason we require an active forum profile is so that members are able to actively contact you when asking for help, for their punishment to be reversed, their reports to be re-considered, etc. Without a forum profile, a staff member is unable to perform their job correctly. Also, most of staff activity is website-related (including reports and appeals) so you have to prove that you're able to handle being on a website for a longer amount of time than potentially being in-game.

The helpers that were accepted are far from perfect and the team that mentor the helpers actually go a long way to improving their position ready for moderator. We are constantly giving feedback, making sure that they are ready for the next stage. Becoming helper is not impossible. Sure, it is quite difficult however you should always re-evaluate yourself and go the extra mile to show that you should be chosen for the position. If you are lacking forum activity, then be more active on the forums. If you are lacking the ability to tell if someone is breaking rules or not, practice reporting players and keep improving from the feedback given from staff in your reports.

If you are quite stuck on what you need to improve on, feel free to PM a staff member and they can give a detailed explanation of how to improve so that you have more of a chance of being accepted. My Inbox is always open if you'd like that.

CamBam300 said:
The Application page

That is exactly what is written here on the Helper Applications thread:
If people choose to not read it, it shows their incapability of reading long passages and being patient which staff members have to do a lot of.

Helper Applications Thread said:
Brief application: Many are too short or don't give enough information. We have pretty general questions in the application template, and having just a one-sentence reply to open-ended questions is not nearly good enough. I encourage you to spend most of your time thinking and answering the questions: why you want to be a Helper, and what makes you different from the other applicants (saying “because I love CubeCraft” does not make you stand out as I’m sure everyone else applying loves the server as well).

CamBam300 said:
What did I do?

This is something I quite agree with to be honest.
However, it would require a gutsy performance from the recruitment team to reply to such volume of applications.

CamBam300 said:

No need.
If someone decides to spam applications, the recruitment team will notice and will simply deny the player for being too impatient.

DYD said:
Also, it'd be very easy to become a staff member here if you know exactly what you have to do in order to achieve it

Well... I do feel as if some players need more inklings on what they should improve on.
Leaving them in the dark doesn't really seem as if it's the best thing to do. Especially when we are in need of more staff members.

Bob_the_Giraffe said:
It would simply be ridiculous to have to click deny on certain applications

Pretty sure the recruitment team already deny more than thousands of applications. :p

ItzCamJam

Feb 4, 2017
idek
Alright! I believe it is time! Thank you guys for the support! However, since i request to lock this thread right now you can no longer vote at the top, but if you like this idea feel free to like it! I will be posting a lot more thread ideas in the future, but they won't be spam. Thank you! @Bob_the_Giraffe @Nikoshka

Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Team online

Members online

Latest profile posts

Xi1m wrote on Frontlane's profile.
genius idea frontland
IMG_8850.jpeg
GiGaGekkies wrote on xSchulzis's profile.
Congratulations...
GiGaGekkies wrote on WorriedSkate940's profile.
Congratulations!
GiGaGekkies wrote on Frontlane's profile.
I knew it! Congratulations
W streamer here: @SugaaKat
Top Bottom