Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

TeoVolcano

Forum Veteran
Aug 20, 2015
Under your bed
(Ignore the editing)

I've built this map looking at the solo eggwars maps on the server, trying to make it different from the current ones.

- Player island info (12 islands)
2 Iron generators
1 Gold
NO DIAMOND GENERATOR >:) (If you want diamonds, you better move :D)

Do you like the map? Would you add anyting to it? Do you think the islands are a bit empty? If you have any suggestion, comment below and let me know. :D

P.S: I'm not sure about the name...
@Alex_de_Grote @MrPolymath @Efcluke94 :D @MaxvD

Last edited:

skifby

Forum Veteran
May 4, 2016
Like the tentacles idea, +1 for that :)

My tips for this build:
Add a few more tentacles on every single island, this will make it a bit more interesting to look at!
You might also want to make the island shapes look a bit more interesting, they look kinda boring in my perspective.

Anyways looks like good start, keep it up!

Reactions: TeoVolcano

TeoVolcano

Forum Veteran
Aug 20, 2015
Under your bed
Like the tentacles idea, +1 for that :)

My tips for this build:
Add a few more tentacles on every single island, this will make it a bit more interesting to look at!
You might also want to make the island shapes look a bit more interesting, they look kinda boring in my perspective.

Anyways looks like good start, keep it up!
I want to keep the island small, but I could give them some special shape, even though all the other solo eggwars maps have this shape (at least the new maps) :D

Reactions: RynezDev

Cheez

Dedicated Member
Dec 23, 2015
Beyond The Wall
twitter.com
I think if you change each tentacle a little bit (because it just looks copy/pasted) so each one becomes unique, that would make it look better since the overall theme of the map is the tentacles. Also, the coloured glass that the tentacles are coming out of could be changed according to which team you're on (red team = red glass, yellow team = yellow glass).

Gameplay wise, I think games on this map will be pretty fast since everything is connected and there aren't that many platforms besides the main islands. It isn't a bad thing but it's something to consider.

I'm a big fan of the theme, though, nice. +1

FrostBladeMC

Jun 21, 2016
Bravo! Amazing egg wars map. The style of the island structure is great! But I would add a middle island. Usually in all egg wars maps there is a middle island where there are diamond generators and It's t he biggest island. But the style of architecture is fantastic great job! +1

Deestinyer

Dec 24, 2015
Dystopia/England
It's a very nice concept, and the build is nicely executed. I love how it's rather original, and it's quite aesthetically pleasing.

However, it lacks in pvp space. Naturally, you would focus pvp around the diamond generators around mid, especially when getting to mid is incredibly easy (the ladders shown). There's just not enough space, barely 2 blocks wide.

I also feel that the map needs more around the single islands, it looks a little plain around the outsides, but more being built inwards.

Conclusively, I'd love to see this added! :)

TeoVolcano

Forum Veteran
Aug 20, 2015
Under your bed
I'm gonna add something new to the player islands, but I want them to be flat, so players can PvP without any problems. Also, I don't think a mid island would fit this map, as the structure is different from the normal sw/eggwars maps everyone knows.

I could make the islands a bit bigger, with a different shape, to make them more interesting. I could also give the tentacles more detail, so they are not all the same. Thank you for the suggestions <3

Archee

May 26, 2016
UK
www.twitch.tv
it needs more texture on the tentacles their shape is great though and maybe a little more variety in the poses they have instead of all clinging to the truss beam. its like candy crossed with safari (if its called safari) being a long line with scalable bridges already made. if it had some more larger areas in mid it would be great though as Cheez said there's little to no fighting space other than whats on the base. and maybe fragment the beam in the centre a bit more to make it take a bit longer, though its nice to see the idea for a map where the Egg Shell kit would be useful. personally i'm not a fan of solo or these long strip maps so i'd prefer a traditional middle with the main theme and islands themed after that though i could see a giant alien octopus being a big more difficult of a challenge to build..
anyway great concept and i like what it has so far

TeoVolcano

Forum Veteran
Aug 20, 2015
Under your bed
it needs more texture on the tentacles their shape is great though and maybe a little more variety in the poses they have instead of all clinging to the truss beam. its like candy crossed with safari (if its called safari) being a long line with scalable bridges already made. if it had some more larger areas in mid it would be great though as Cheez said there's little to no fighting space other than whats on the base. and maybe fragment the beam in the centre a bit more to make it take a bit longer, though its nice to see the idea for a map where the Egg Shell kit would be useful. personally i'm not a fan of solo or these long strip maps so i'd prefer a traditional middle with the main theme and islands themed after that though i could see a giant alien octopus being a big more difficult of a challenge to build..
anyway great concept and i like what it has so far

That's what @Efcluke94 said about the Snakes map Anmazing and I built and submitted a while ago (denied because of this reason): "Layout wise it's a circle like majority of other maps. From now on build team are focusing on different layouts to make gameplay more fun and exciting. So try doing a layout that isn't just a circle."

Members Online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

asqsk wrote on LukaG_'s profile.
u was staff in cc? :3
Matriox wrote on LukaG_'s profile.
"Aspire to inspire, before we expire."

I love it
caraMel wrote on LukaG_'s profile.
_GakuL
Top Bottom