Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Do you think teaming/stalling in PvP minigames should be an offence?

• Yes (Comment why if you want)

Votes: 15 50.0%
  • No (Comment why if you want)

Votes: 15 50.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

mitgobla

Marketplace Coordinator
Team CubeCraft
💙 Admin Team
🎨 Designer
🖌️ Sr. Designer
Dec 11, 2018
Wales, United Kingdom
ben-dodd.com
Pronouns
He/Him
Hi everyone! :)
I've been playing Minerware nearly every day since I started playing on CubeCraft, it's my favourite gamemode so far.
Recently however, I have seen players teaming or stalling the game during PvP minigames (including boss minigames)

For example this happened today:
All players are eliminated except for two players during the Lucky Block PvP boss minigame. Every other player who has died now has to sit there and watch nothing happen. These two players were close to the top of the leaderboard, so they would both win by not killing each other.

I have seen this happen in a few of the other PvP games (such as Last Knight Standing on hard, or snowball fights). So I'm running a poll to see what your opinion is on this. I don't have too much of a problem with this, except when you have to wait for so long in some cases ;)

Do you think it's fair for players to not complete the objective so their party/friends gain an advantage to win the game, while everyone else waits it out?
tLD6QUw.png

Sweetenerera

Forum Professional
Jul 24, 2016
I really don't have a problem with this to be honest.. And making teaming in Mineware against the rules won't solve the problem..
Players will fight, one will run away the other will run after the other, and they'll just stall time by running and running, sometimes fighting.
Same with other games: Players will shoot arrows at each other (Bow Spleef) but they'll miss on purpose so nobody dies. (Spleef) Players will break blocks close to each other but on a way that it won't kill the other so it looks like they're doing the thing. But really they're stalling time.
So making teaming against the rules won't work. There are many ways to make it look like you're fighting but you're actually just stalling time. You also can't report them because you don't have actual good proof that they're stalling time.

D

Deleted member 436996

Overall they should remove the pvp games (the mini sg, lucky blocks pvp, get the most kills...) Some people, including me, just go to minerware to have fun without having to pvp with people.
I don't mind if people can punch you in king of the hill, nerd pole to the plataform... but the microgames that are only pvp based are just spin-offs of games like lucky blocks, sg.
And yes, they do gain an adventage, but there's no team minerware so it wouldn't make any sense to make teaming punishable.

mitgobla

Marketplace Coordinator
Team CubeCraft
💙 Admin Team
🎨 Designer
🖌️ Sr. Designer
Dec 11, 2018
Wales, United Kingdom
ben-dodd.com
Pronouns
He/Him
I really don't have a problem with this to be honest.. And making teaming in Mineware against the rules won't solve the problem..

There are many ways to make it look like you're fighting but you're actually just stalling time. You also can't report them because you don't have actual good proof that they're stalling time.

Good insight. I don't have a problem with it either (other than having to wait) and as you've stated it's a difficult thing to make a rule that can be reported if broken. :)

Overall they should remove the pvp games (the mini sg, lucky blocks pvp, get the most kills...) Some people, including me, just go to minerware to have fun without having to pvp with people.

And yes, they do gain an adventage, but there's no team minerware so it wouldn't make any sense to make teaming punishable.

I love the PvP minigames but I definitely think that Minerware should include more friendly minigames like the "Cross the Balance beam" - minigames that test skills
other than PvP combat.

Thank you both for giving me your thoughts on it. :cool:

user947836

Novice Member
Aug 24, 2017
I get your idea/problem, but I still think it's better when you are allowed to team the whole game.

Fredd_WG

Novice Member
Mar 3, 2017
Ecuador
la verdad yo no eh presenciado eso ya que siemrpre en las partidas que yo ingreso todos se golpean contra todos, yo cuando entro con mi clan siempre nos golpeamos entre todos no hacemos team ni nada

Siza

Nov 11, 2018
In my opinion cube should not allow any teamers in any solo game (MinerWare is solo, especially with last man standing or lucky block pvp)

Siftenly

Forum Expert
Nov 30, 2016
The Netherlands
Well, if they are the only one alive then I don't see the problem here. Yes, the others have to wait but it won't be that long that they have to wait. Also, in other solo games it's also allowed to team if you are the last standing players.

_The13thDoctor_

Forum Professional
Jul 23, 2016
Chicago, Illinois
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him
I've been playing Minerware nearly every day since I started playing on CubeCraft, it's my favourite gamemode so far.
Recently however, I have seen players teaming or stalling the game during PvP minigames (including boss minigames)

All players are eliminated except for two players during the Lucky Block PvP boss minigame. Every other player who has died now has to sit there and watch nothing happen. These two players were close to the top of the leaderboard, so they would both win by not killing each other.

I have seen this happen in a few of the other PvP games (such as Last Knight Standing on hard, or snowball fights). So I'm running a poll to see what your opinion is on this. I don't have too much of a problem with this, except when you have to wait for so long in some cases ;)

Do you think it's fair for players to not complete the objective so their party/friends gain an advantage to win the game, while everyone else waits it out?
tLD6QUw.png

First of, nice graphic. Moving on...

I have played hundreds of games of Minerware and this has NEVER happened to me. Even if so it's not that unfair in my opinion. Plus reporting people for it would be pain because you'd keep respawining and it would be difficult to isolate the two players and gather enough evidence in the chaos. Not to mention it could just be coincidence two people go after you. Especially if your low on health and they have labymod or they think your ez.

In all I disagree. -1

Reactions: Sweetenerera

Dreamer

Forum Expert
Dec 3, 2016
Antwerp - Belgium
if you want to give your friends extra points, just jump into a void and die so they can win, otherwise you can always fight a fair 1v1.
no point of leaving the other players in a box and let them wait so the quit.
teaming: no, never

Jiqks

Dec 16, 2018

tLD6QUw.png
i thing no, because It's unfair to others. but if the people Do that, you can report them (or I think that)

Anthoken

May 21, 2016
I dont think it should be bannable. I play minerware solo and alot of the time big parties join the match and play. Its not really an issue when people team for say the lucky block pvp or ffa or really any pvp. Also If this was added as a rule it would be really hard to tell who is teaming and who is not unless if they make it super obvious. Over all i think this is not really an issue and that we have alot of other problems on the server to be worried about. Like FFA lag, Mass Amount of hackers, Tower defense Being broken, Challenges not giving points 25% of the time and other things that i cant remember lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Members online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

This is YOUR daily dose of facts #19-
The Sun makes a sound but we can't hear it.
Reesle wrote on xireu's profile.
Welcome to the Forums! Hope you enjoy your stay :D
Reesle wrote on Mantas2221's profile.
Welcome to the Forums! 👋
been working on chapter 4 + some changes to fhg
UncleSpect wrote on vk4zuta's profile.
thank you for the follow!
Top Bottom