Teaming in PvP minigames

Discussion in 'MinerWare' started by mitgobla, Dec 21, 2018.

?

Do you think teaming/stalling in PvP minigames should be an offence?

1. Yes (Comment why if you want)

15 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. No (Comment why if you want)

15 vote(s)
    50.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mitgobla

mitgobla Designer
    Staff Member Designer

mitgobla
    Designer
    PLUS
    Hi everyone! :)
    I've been playing Minerware nearly every day since I started playing on CubeCraft, it's my favourite gamemode so far.
    Recently however, I have seen players teaming or stalling the game during PvP minigames (including boss minigames)

For example this happened today:
    All players are eliminated except for two players during the Lucky Block PvP boss minigame. Every other player who has died now has to sit there and watch nothing happen. These two players were close to the top of the leaderboard, so they would both win by not killing each other.

I have seen this happen in a few of the other PvP games (such as Last Knight Standing on hard, or snowball fights). So I'm running a poll to see what your opinion is on this. I don't have too much of a problem with this, except when you have to wait for so long in some cases ;)

Do you think it's fair for players to not complete the objective so their party/friends gain an advantage to win the game, while everyone else waits it out?
    [​IMG]

Human being and -UE-RocketAce04 like this.
  2. Rivanaul

Rivanaul Member

rdjstark
    Diamond
    I really don't have a problem with this to be honest.. And making teaming in Mineware against the rules won't solve the problem..
    Players will fight, one will run away the other will run after the other, and they'll just stall time by running and running, sometimes fighting.
    Same with other games: Players will shoot arrows at each other (Bow Spleef) but they'll miss on purpose so nobody dies. (Spleef) Players will break blocks close to each other but on a way that it won't kill the other so it looks like they're doing the thing. But really they're stalling time.
    So making teaming against the rules won't work. There are many ways to make it look like you're fighting but you're actually just stalling time. You also can't report them because you don't have actual good proof that they're stalling time.

Josher, Fisktratt, Nikoshka and 3 others like this.
  3. Overall they should remove the pvp games (the mini sg, lucky blocks pvp, get the most kills...) Some people, including me, just go to minerware to have fun without having to pvp with people.
    I don't mind if people can punch you in king of the hill, nerd pole to the plataform... but the microgames that are only pvp based are just spin-offs of games like lucky blocks, sg.
    And yes, they do gain an adventage, but there's no team minerware so it wouldn't make any sense to make teaming punishable.

SanCookie, Nikoshka and mitgobla like this.
  4. mitgobla

mitgobla Designer
    Staff Member Designer

mitgobla
    Designer
    PLUS
    Good insight. I don't have a problem with it either (other than having to wait) and as you've stated it's a difficult thing to make a rule that can be reported if broken. :)

I love the PvP minigames but I definitely think that Minerware should include more friendly minigames like the "Cross the Balance beam" - minigames that test skills
    other than PvP combat.

Thank you both for giving me your thoughts on it. :cool:

5. Vqzo

Vqzo Member

Vqzo
    Obsidian
    I get your idea/problem, but I still think it's better when you are allowed to team the whole game.

6. Fredd_WG

Fredd_WG Member

xFreddForce
    Emerald
    la verdad yo no eh presenciado eso ya que siemrpre en las partidas que yo ingreso todos se golpean contra todos, yo cuando entro con mi clan siempre nos golpeamos entre todos no hacemos team ni nada

7. Siza

Siza Member

Sizq
    Obsidian
    In my opinion cube should not allow any teamers in any solo game (MinerWare is solo, especially with last man standing or lucky block pvp)

8. Gbmq

Gbmq Member

Gbmqa
    Emerald
    PLUS
    I agree they should not allow teamers

9. TakeMyGear

TakeMyGear Member

TakeMyGear
    Obsidian
    Now allow teamers

10. Siftenly

Siftenly Member

Siftenly
    Obsidian
    Well, if they are the only one alive then I don't see the problem here. Yes, the others have to wait but it won't be that long that they have to wait. Also, in other solo games it's also allowed to team if you are the last standing players.

11. -UE-RocketAce04

-UE-RocketAce04 Member

_The13thDoctor_
    Obsidian
    First of, nice graphic. Moving on...

I have played hundreds of games of Minerware and this has NEVER happened to me. Even if so it's not that unfair in my opinion. Plus reporting people for it would be pain because you'd keep respawining and it would be difficult to isolate the two players and gather enough evidence in the chaos. Not to mention it could just be coincidence two people go after you. Especially if your low on health and they have labymod or they think your ez.

In all I disagree. -1

Rivanaul likes this.
  12. CraftCreatures

CraftCreatures Member

CraftCreatures
    Emerald
    I think this is unfair to the other players, because they can do a 2vs1...

13. Rivanaul

Rivanaul Member

rdjstark
    Diamond
    It very hard to decide if two people are teaming in Mineware. They can pretend to fight but not kill each other.

14. Dreamer

Dreamer Member

_EliteDreamer
    Emerald
    PLUS
    if you want to give your friends extra points, just jump into a void and die so they can win, otherwise you can always fight a fair 1v1.
    no point of leaving the other players in a box and let them wait so the quit.
    teaming: no, never

15. Rivanaul

Rivanaul Member

rdjstark
    Diamond
    It's extremely easy to make it look like you're fighting when you're not.

16. Dreamer

Dreamer Member

_EliteDreamer
    Emerald
    PLUS
    true but that is just an answer on the whole thread ;)
    the real question is, should this be banneble or not?

17. Rivanaul

Rivanaul Member

rdjstark
    Diamond
    It shouldn't. It's really easy to bypass. So why bother making it banable.

18. JiuksDeces

JiuksDeces Member

JiuksDelPra
    Emerald
    i thing no, because It's unfair to others. but if the people Do that, you can report them (or I think that)

19. Basketman

Basketman Member

Basketman13
    Obsidian
    PLUS
    I don’t have a problem with it.

20. Anthoken

Anthoken Member

Anthoken
    Emerald
    I dont think it should be bannable. I play minerware solo and alot of the time big parties join the match and play. Its not really an issue when people team for say the lucky block pvp or ffa or really any pvp. Also If this was added as a rule it would be really hard to tell who is teaming and who is not unless if they make it super obvious. Over all i think this is not really an issue and that we have alot of other problems on the server to be worried about. Like FFA lag, Mass Amount of hackers, Tower defense Being broken, Challenges not giving points 25% of the time and other things that i cant remember lol

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.