Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 4, 2020
The quest is broken, I tamed 3, (it took 3 of my fish, one for each) hearts appeared over its head. Now I cant even tame one, the fish goes back into my inventory.

HackersDontWin

Partner
🤝 Partner 💜
To tame an ocelot all you need to do is have some fish and stand near the ocelots, but don't move as they'll run away! If you're holding your fish they'll eventually get close enough to you where you'll be able to feed them fish and tame them! You can see a short video made by @Fisktratt showing how she tamed her ocelot by clicking here!
For those who noticed, yes I copy/pasted from the FAQ thread.

Reactions: ImLuctor

Sweetenerera

Forum Professional
Jul 24, 2016
To tame an ocelot all you need to do is have some fish and stand near the ocelots, but don't move as they'll run away! If you're holding your fish they'll eventually get close enough to you where you'll be able to feed them fish and tame them! You can see a short video made by @Fisktratt showing how she tamed her ocelot by clicking here!
For those who noticed, yes I copy/pasted from the FAQ thread.
Are the ocelots coming to you? Because if they don't, it won't work
????????????????????????
You're just repeating that I said except with an unnecessarily amount of text

its_Marto03

Nov 13, 2017
Dog's Land
You need to let him get close to you, don't chase him, in Fisktratt's video he looks like he is still and doesn't chase him until he gets close and gives him the fish.
Good luck!

Reactions: ImLuctor

MC-Orienteer

Jul 10, 2020
Punchline: Succeeded on Pocket Edition, but still not sure how, and have not been able to repeat.

===== Planned post:

We will continue trying, but so far zero progress. Our character stands still, the Ocelot approaches, but we are not able to feed.

Note: We are playing on Pocket Edition. controls may be different from other editions. Normally we float a finger onto an animal, and see a button to Feed, but we never see the "Feed" button for the Ocelot.

We have tried raw Cod and raw Salmon. Neither one has worked for us.

Note: I have seen numerous posts at other sites that state that the ability to tame Ocelots was removed from Minecraft in early 2019. We can now earn trust, but cannot tame.

====== UPDATE: I just completed this quest, but do not know exactly how.

1) I made a large pen, and placed the Ocelot Spawner in the middle of the pen.

2) I stood at one end of the pen.

3) 2 Ocelots slowly approached me.

4) I touched the screen "in the sky" and dragged my finger down towards the 2 Ocelots.

5) Quest completed without me doing anything other than moving my finger down towards the Ocelots. Ocelot in question now looks like a Cat (mostly black fur with white feet and white tip of tail) rather than an Ocelot.

I have 2 other Ocelots in the same pen. They are standing right in front of me, but I have not yet been able to repeat the trick of somehow feeding and taming either of them.

Stephen

Ref for removal of Ocelot Taming: https://gaming.stackexchange.com/qu...me-in-the-windows-10-pc-version/342345#342345

Reactions: sesametoast69

MC-Orienteer

Jul 10, 2020
Punchline: Succeeded on Pocket Edition, but still not sure how, and have not been able to repeat.

===== Planned post:

We will continue trying, but so far zero progress. Our character stands still, the Ocelot approaches, but we are not able to feed.

Note: We are playing on Pocket Edition. controls may be different from other editions. Normally we float a finger onto an animal, and see a button to Feed, but we never see the "Feed" button for the Ocelot.

Note: I have seen numerous posts at other sites that state that the ability to tame Ocelots was removed from Minecraft in early 2019. We can now earn trust, but cannot tame.

4) I touched the screen "in the sky" and dragged my finger down towards the 2 Ocelots.

5) Quest completed without me doing anything other than moving my finger down towards the Ocelots. Ocelot in question now looks like a Cat (mostly black fur with white feet and white tip of tail) rather than an Ocelot.

I have 2 other Ocelots in the same pen. They are standing right in front of me, but I have not yet been able to repeat the trick of somehow feeding and taming either of them.

Stephen

Ref for removal of Ocelot Taming: https://gaming.stackexchange.com/qu...me-in-the-windows-10-pc-version/342345#342345

Daughter figured out the trick. It was not sliding the fish down to the Ocelot that fed it, but rather pressing and holding the finger on the Ocelot that performed the Feed action. We now have 3 or 4 creatures that look like Cats, but labels say Ocelot.

These are not “Tame” like other animals we have tamed. I.e. They do NOT follow us. On the other hand they do not run away from us like they did before they were fed.

We can get them to sit or stand by pressing and holding on the target Ocel-Cat.

Onik

Dedicated Member
Nov 25, 2016
California

===== Planned post:

Stephen

Daughter figured out the trick. It was not sliding the fish down to the Ocelot that fed it, but rather pressing and holding the finger on the Ocelot that performed the Feed action. We now have 3 or 4 creatures that look like Cats, but labels say Ocelot.

These are not “Tame” like other animals we have tamed. I.e. They do NOT follow us. On the other hand they do not run away from us like they did before they were fed.

We can get them to sit or stand by pressing and holding on the target Ocel-Cat.
No Necro-posting. This is replying to threads which haven't been posted on within 3 weeks. They are not allowed to be revived. Does not apply to news posts, games, map submissions or introduction threads. Locked

Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

help I haven't done ANYTHING I wanna do something:((((
JokeKaedee wrote on Thjis's profile.
Ty for following 🍪 ❤️
help I can't decide between drawing and writing
Aveezz The OG wrote on univesanand's profile.
Happy Birthday
Top Bottom