• Total voters

_The13thDoctor_

Forum Professional
Jul 23, 2016
Chicago, Illinois
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him
I don't know if it's possible to do this, but could there be a way to switch your forums setting on the new forums to see the old style we have currently? Whether it's for nostalgia or because you prefer the old one better? Simple suggestion but ye.

If I spelled something wrong or a sentence dosen't seem right it's cause I'm half asleep lel.

Priley

Forum Professional
Jul 6, 2015
reprotland
I don't think this will be possible. The new forums have a lot of new features which are incompatible with these outdated forums. Even if it is possible, I don't think it's worth investing time in

_The13thDoctor_

Forum Professional
Jul 23, 2016
Chicago, Illinois
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him
I don't think this will be possible. The new forums have a lot of new features which are incompatible with these outdated forums. Even if it is possible, I don't think it's worth investing time in

I mean even just a way back machine was proven to be possible, a feature like that could be worth it, and again it’s not right to say it’s not worth it because I know many people would appreciate it for one way or another, and it dosent have to be worked on right away either.

Eli

Forum Veteran
Dec 25, 2017
Bogota, Colombia
@Eli @Spoon why'd you vote no?
Why do you want to go back to the old forums? There is absolutely no point plus this would only take up time and effort that could be invested in actual new features that bring real benefit. When the forums update comes this old format should be burried and forgotten, the new one is way superior and it's the future. No need to stay on the past. Also pls, people are not forced to state why they voted for something. Voting "no" is enough of a statement.

_The13thDoctor_

Forum Professional
Jul 23, 2016
Chicago, Illinois
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him
Why do you want to go back to the old forums? There is absolutely no point plus this would only take up time and effort that could be invested in actual new features that bring real benefit. When the forums update comes this old format should be burried and forgotten, the new one is way superior and it's the future. No need to stay on the past. Also pls, people are not forced to state why they voted for something. Voting "no" is enough of a statement.

As I said, because some people will always prefer the old and because for nostalgia. There is a point, and also just because it takes up time and effort like all things do doesn't mean it can't ever be added. And that's just an opinion, I'm not the only one who still really likes the simplicity of this current one. I really don't see an issue with staying in the past? Also please give a response then because you have actually voted no to a lot, if not all my suggestions I have made within recent time, and for many of them, given 0 feedback or reason why. It not only does not help me talk it out or fix problems with it but it now it looks like you are just voting no everytime. This is a forums, you are supposed to discuss things. Not giving no reasons but voting no, and then voting no on many posts looks odd and helps nothing. Also I didn't force you? I asked if you could give a statement, that's not so bad.

Reactions: remio

TeamTMS

Jul 26, 2019
New Zealand
The reason why I voted no, is because like Riley said, there are tons of new features (such as Bedrock and Discord account linking) that may not be compatible with XenForo 1. Zed mentioned that the update is more of an entirely new forums rather than a “new skin”. I don’t think it’s possible to have two different forums running at the same time containing the same contents, because they’re both completely different programs (XenForo 1 and XenForo 2). It would also mean CubeCraft would have to pay for both of them.

As far as I know, the switch from the old forums and the new forums will not be sudden. People will have time to get used to the new forums before completely switching over. Like Zed said, it may look very different from the old one at a glance (which it is), but over time people will start to like it.
Thanks for your suggestion, but I don’t think this is something CubeCraft should invest their time in.

Reactions: Priley
Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

we want cubecraft 2023 :(
This is YOUR daily dose of facts #40-
Walt Disney currently holds the most Academy Awards. Till now, Disney won 26 Oscars. Disney is nominated a grand total of 59 times!
Eli wrote on Xi1m's profile.
Thanks for the follow!!!
Eli
"What say you?" said he, the abyss did not respond back.
Top Bottom