Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

This is a poll, what do you think about this idea?

• Good idea!

• Not sure tho. (Comment why)

• Nah. (Comment why)

Results are only viewable after voting.

remio

Forum Professional
Sep 18, 2016
The Netherlands
www.youtube.com
Hello, my name is Remi and I would like to introduce you to an idea of mine.
Let's re-add map submissions!
Before you start to shout: LOOK AT EFCLUKE'S THREAD, THEY WON'T ACCEPT MAP SUBMISSIONS ANYMORE!1!1
Read. Just read.
There are some incredible builds made by normal members, for example @CharlieShuffler's amazing SG map!
If the map is qualified to be implemented, EFCLuke should contact the player who built the map, to make sure that they give the permission to add it and to get the file of the map.
The last few months, there aren't any SG maps added. This should be changed. I know SG maps are very big and they take a lot of time to be created, so that's why I would like to see this added!
-The map must be detailed.
-PvP should be possible in the map.
-It must be a big map.
-Hidden spots should be added.
-It must have a great gameplay.
-The map must be posted in a thread, in the MineCraft Creations subforum.. Starting a conversation with a builder will result in an instant deny, because there will be many people who spam the builders with useles conversations with one single message: Please Kobokroft add me map! We should prevent players from doing this.
If you would like to see more requirements, please post them in the comments below!

We could also create map tournaments, and the winner of the tournament will get a rank up and their map will be implemented if it is qualified!

What do you think about this idea? Wouldn't it be great to add more maps to SG by using this feature? Thanks, RemiO05.

SanCookie

Gameplay Engineer
Team CubeCraft
🖌️ Sr. Designer
Mar 18, 2017
the selfie area
bit.ly
Pronouns
He/Him
They should also give credits to the player who built it, like the PvP section, where players have suggested their kits

Reactions: remio

Priley

Forum Professional
Jul 6, 2015
reprotland
Hello, my name is Remi and I would like to introduce you to an idea of mine.
Let's re-add map submissions!
Before you start to shout: LOOK AT EFCLUKE'S THREAD, THEY WON'T ACCEPT MAP SUBMISSIONS ANYMORE!1!1
Read. Just read.
There are some incredible builds made by normal members, for example @CharlieShuffler's amazing SG map!
If the map is qualified to be implemented, EFCLuke should contact the player who built the map, to make sure that they give the permission to add it and to get the file of the map.
The last few months, there aren't any SG maps added. This should be changed. I know SG maps are very big and they take a lot of time to be created, so that's why I would like to see this added!
-The map must be detailed.
-PvP should be possible in the map.
-It must be a big map.
-Hidden spots should be added.
-It must have a great gameplay.
-The map must be posted in a thread, in the MineCraft Creations subforum.. Starting a conversation with a builder will result in an instant deny, because there will be many people who spam the builders with useles conversations with one single message: Please Kobokroft add me map! We should prevent players from doing this.
If you would like to see more requirements, please post them in the comments below!

We could also create map tournaments, and the winner of the tournament will get a rank up and their map will be implemented if it is qualified!

What do you think about this idea? Wouldn't it be great to add more maps to SG by using this feature? Thanks, RemiO05.
Quite sure this suggestion is because of the beautiful map by @CharlieShuffler
The requirements sound faire, but Efcluke and possibly some builders should look through every map one by one, which will take a lot of time.
If a map is good, the creator of it can just apply for builder (when they reopen)

Reactions: remio

remio

Forum Professional
Sep 18, 2016
The Netherlands
www.youtube.com
Quite sure this suggestion is because of the beautiful map by @CharlieShuffler
The requirements sound faire, but Efcluke and possibly some builders should look through every map one by one, which will take a lot of time.
If a map is good, the creator of it can just apply for builder (when they reopen)
I think the builders have enough time to check the maps, and they could make some changes if they want to. And indeed, that was one of the reasons why I created this thread.

Priley

Forum Professional
Jul 6, 2015
reprotland
I think the builders have enough time to check the maps, and they could make some changes if they want to. And indeed, that was one of the reasons why I created this thread.
I honestly think the builders should be doing other things, for example updating and creating new maps

remio

Forum Professional
Sep 18, 2016
The Netherlands
www.youtube.com
I honestly think the builders should be doing other things, for example updating and creating new maps
I do not know if it is the truth:
SleepyLiv They focus on the wrong things and what I have heard, the builder actually don't want to work with sg maps and then they just make a lot of maps to skywars, lucky islands and eggwars because that's easier and take less time to create.

Troublesomee

Forum Veteran
Feb 6, 2016
We do have influence on some maps, though. Here are a few examples.
https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/eggwars-maps-give-us-feedback.132419/
https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/duels-maps-give-us-feedback.120741/
https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/skywars-maps-give-us-feedback.123853/
https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/arcade-give-us-feedback.190307/

Besides, I think the answer of Efcluke on a thread explains why it’s not necessary to re-open map submissions.
Maybe 2-3 years ago there was a time when we needed lots of community made maps, as the build team could not keep up with the demand as we were rapidly growing in players. However, the build team has become so much more experienced, so much more talented, and completing tasks faster than I can give them. There is simply no need for community maps right now, when our build team is full of very experienced mini game map builders. Who all understand gameplay, never sacrifice gameplay for aesthetics, who know how the maps are configured, who inspire eachother to create more innovative map concepts. This is another reason barely any maps were accepted, since we accepted a whole 2 or 3 maps during 2016, out of hundreds and hundreds of submissions.
It’s up to the build team. They got enough builders to keep up making new maps. Making a decent SG map is really hard. I think there will be only one good map submission in like four months. If a decent map gets submitted, it’s most of the times still not perfect and it needs a lot of changing.

Last edited:

remio

Forum Professional
Sep 18, 2016
The Netherlands
www.youtube.com
Besides, I think the anwer of Efcluke on a thread explains why it’s not necessary to re-open map submissions.
SleepyLiv: They focus on the wrong things and what I have heard, the builder actually don't want to work with sg maps and then they just make a lot of maps to skywars, lucky islands and eggwars because that's easier and take less time to create.
Read. Just read.

remio

Forum Professional
Sep 18, 2016
The Netherlands
www.youtube.com
Don’t understand you. The only thing I can say is that I doubt Luke will re-open them.
The only thing I suggest is that this feature should be added to get more SG maps, as they are getting boring and we really need a new SG update. Adding new maps is the first step, and a good way to get more SG maps would be re-adding the map submissions. :)

CharlieShuffler

Novice Member
Nov 30, 2016
The only thing I suggest is that this feature should be added to get more SG maps, as they are getting boring and we really need a new SG update. Adding new maps is the first step, and a good way to get more SG maps would be re-adding the map submissions. :)
The fact that MINERWARE has more maps than SG just proves this. :)

Troublesomee

Forum Veteran
Feb 6, 2016
The only thing I suggest is that this feature should be added to get more SG maps, as they are getting boring and we really need a new SG update. Adding new maps is the first step, and a good way to get more SG maps would be re-adding the map submissions.
Just for SG? No, that’s definitely not going to happen. The build team has become so much more experienced and they can complete tasks faster than ever, as Luke said. If everyone is suggesting an SG map update, I am pretty certain the build team will work on the maps without requiring help from the community.

MJ010101

Dec 17, 2017
Fjollträsk
It really should be up to the build team, I’m pretty sure no one would say no to this (as long as the build team is able to sustain their current work effort).

remio

Forum Professional
Sep 18, 2016
The Netherlands
www.youtube.com
Just for SG? No, that’s definitely not going to happen. The build team has become so much more experienced and they can complete tasks faster than ever, as Luke said. If everyone is suggesting an SG map update, I am pretty certain the build team will work on the maps without requiring help from the community.
Well, there are already a few threads made about a Survival Games update, but still nothing has changed. That's why I made this thread, just to suggest map submissions to get more maps. We really need a new SG update, because it's dying and it shouldn't, because SG is an amazing game! :)

CharlieShuffler

Novice Member
Nov 30, 2016

Why not? SG currently has less maps than MINERWARE. !!!! From what I've heard Builders don't wanna make maps for SG (might be just speculation) as well. Besides that SG maps probably take longer to make than SW or EW, so I really feel like this would make SG more alive, as new maps bring fun to the game. Also SG hasnt got a new map in like 8 months. :)

Reactions: Cubo ㅤ and remio

Gainfullterror

Forum Professional
Mar 24, 2016
Breakfast for Dinner Club HQ
www.cubecraft.net
To be honest, they have a build team for a reason. I'd honestly just leave it to the build team, just like we leave developing updates to the developers.
I think it's pretty safe to say that majority of the map submissions are all going to be the same stale map shape that most games have, along with a playing style that really doesn't fit Cube. Aside from that, I can imagine that probably almost all of them are going to be for Skywars, and then people start making them for Eggwars, then for lucky islands, and so on so forth. The popular games will get all of the submissions, and lot's of them probably wouldn't come near the expectations that the current build team has. Adding community made maps seems cool and all, but I honestly doubt there are going to be a few, if any, good maps that don't require lot's of editing.

Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Xi1m wrote on TheOrderOfSapphire's profile.
:3🍜
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on thejumboyt's profile.
Welcome to the forums! I hope you will like it here!:D
I may or may not have bought 6 Birthday Bundles (used one on myself) and I may or may not do a Giveaway for 1 soon 😉
IMG_5319.png
ImLeave wrote on thejumboyt's profile.
Welcome!
Top Bottom