Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Would you like to see potions in egggwars?

• Total voters

elleo_88

Jan 19, 2020
I don't know if this has been suggested before, but I think it would be a great idea add potions to the eggwars store, but of course they wouldn't be cheap, I was thinking in something like this:

Instant healing I (splash): 16 diamonds
Swiftness : 32 diamonds
Regeneration : 32 diamonds
Strength: 64 diamonds

What do you think?

ItzEnd3r

Forum Expert
Aug 18, 2019
Boulder
www.cubecraft.net
I don't know if this has been suggested before, but I think it would be a great idea add potions to the eggwars store, but of course they wouldn't be cheap, I was thinking in something like this:

What do you think?
prices are way to high, but this could be interesting (maybe a vote option)

Reactions: Anneum and Calichin

Calichin

Dedicated Member
Aug 20, 2019
Americaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
I like the idea of adding potions. I'm just not sure how often they could even be used. I agree with ItzEnd3r regarding prices being too high. I think if those were the prices they would maybe be bought once every 100 games. But at the same time having a potion like strength against an opponent is such a big difference so the high price makes sense. It's a very interesting suggestion, I'd just be curious how we could tweak it for it to be balanced between being an option in the game but also not being the deciding factor.

Anneum

Dedicated Member
Jan 4, 2020
The Avatar Universe
Pronouns
She/Her
I like the idea but I don't think people are going to use it a lot because you're not gonna camp on the diamond generator to buy a potion that doesn't even help that much. This depends on how long the potion will last I personally won't spend that many diamonds for 3 minutes of strength but maybe on 8 minutes. I think it would be cool but these potions should be cheaper maybe half of the prices you named.

Fesa

Quality Assurance
Team CubeCraft
🧪 Quality Assurance
💌 Customer Support
Oct 17, 2016
Yoitsu
Pronouns
She/Her
I don't think potions should be added, I'll go over it for every potion (neglecting the high prices you choose, since everyone already said that)
  • Instant Healing + Regeneration
I know you said splash potions and that the kit is normal. But we already have a kit that gives regeneration for 45s. I am fully aware that this is not the same(in case of the instant healing)! Plus, golden apple are also in the game, they give you two extra hearts and regeneration, so I think this potion is simply not needed.
  • Swiftness
Although this could be something fun I don't think it fits in an Eggwars game.
  • Strength
This would be a disaster, I think. If someone has a diamond axe and strength, he/she can two hit leather armour in normal and overpowered.(I tested it in singleplayer) Which is too much, you wouldn't be able to defend your egg at all once you died. Now you can try to hit them off once you bought leather armour or buy a sword and combo them to oblivion but if they only have to hit you twice, in your dreams this will work...

And then maybe my biggest complaint of all, campers... camping would be an even better option, just stack up and get pots what are they going to do out pot you? I don't think so, you'll be saying this "and that's his/hers fifth strength potion" after you said '"and another notch".
I'm sorry but I'm completely against this, hope you understand

~Fesa

Reactions: Rawrbin

East

Dedicated Member
Oct 26, 2016
モンスターボール
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/She/They
I don't think this should be added since you already have good healing resources (golden apples, notch apples). I think strength would be too overpowerd and it would make the game easier for campers when they get a strength adventage. It's a no for swiftness for me, because I won't like fighting in eggwars with someone who uses speed.

OGCaptiveOG

Oct 27, 2015
The internet
I think this is good, however maybe only allow it in Overpowered and lower the prices so it would be more of an incentive to buy a rank and also allow for buff fights within egg wars.

Quis

Forum Expert
Feb 4, 2020
The Netherlands
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him

What do you think?
I think it is a good idea. But maybe only in the OP gamemode.

SenatorKarma

Apr 21, 2018

What do you think?
I am against this idea, you can use gapples for healing and regeneration. You can upgrade your abilities for a random chance to gain swiftness after breaking an egg and i feel strength would be irrelevant, just buy a sharp 5.

Reactions: SpankMeSanta

Fesa

Quality Assurance
Team CubeCraft
🧪 Quality Assurance
💌 Customer Support
Oct 17, 2016
Yoitsu
Pronouns
She/Her
I feel strength would be irrelevant, just buy a sharp 5.
As hard as I agree on that it shouldn't be added, I don't thing this part in your reasoning is true. Every tier of strength (so I and II) give 3 extra attack damage (+3 and +6) that's for tier I
  • +75% for wood
  • +60% for stone
  • +50% for iron
  • +42,...% for diamond
Yes I know precent can be very misleading but it would have a serious impact on the game, not so much for players who can dodge attacks but mostly for those who can not but only w/z-strafe and try to get crits. All extra damage a player can do to you is something you have to think about (if your armour is somewhat similar). Now you said, just buy a sharp 5, Well here's the catch a sharp 2 + strength I does mare damage (diamond). Even an iron sharp 2 + strength I does more damage than diamond sharp 5. With the price given it costs more but it does more damage so OK. And yes I know the strength only lasts 3 or 8 min depending on the duration but even three min is plenty of time if the player doesn't have notch apple and/or not enough golden apples. SO I think that strength would infect the gameplay very hard. And you though yourself a strategist... Just kidding, you played well that one time, if only our bridge couldn't carry an elephant... :)
~Fesa

Reactions: Leroyy and Jukaido

SenatorKarma

Apr 21, 2018
As hard as I agree on that it shouldn't be added, I don't thing this part in your reasoning is true. Every tier of strength (so I and II) give 3 extra attack damage (+3 and +6) that's for tier I
  • +75% for wood
  • +60% for stone
  • +50% for iron
  • +42,...% for diamond
Yes I know precent can be very misleading but it would have a serious impact on the game, not so much for players who can dodge attacks but mostly for those who can not but only w/z-strafe and try to get crits. All extra damage a player can do to you is something you have to think about (if your armour is somewhat similar). Now you said, just buy a sharp 5, Well here's the catch a sharp 2 + strength I does mare damage (diamond). Even an iron sharp 2 + strength I does more damage than diamond sharp 5. With the price given it costs more but it does more damage so OK. And yes I know the strength only lasts 3 or 8 min depending on the duration but even three min is plenty of time if the player doesn't have notch apple and/or not enough golden apples. SO I think that strength would infect the gameplay very hard. And you though yourself a strategist... Just kidding, you played well that one time, if only our bridge couldn't carry an elephant... :)
~Fesa
On a sharpness 5 weapon the effect of strength 1 is reduced by 85.5% meaning it only slightly increases the damage dealt. The effect would hardly be noticeable.

Jukaido

Dedicated Member
Mar 18, 2020
On a sharpness 5 weapon the effect of strength 1 is reduced by 85.5% meaning it only slightly increases the damage dealt. The effect would hardly be noticeable.
That doesn't even make any sense lmao. It increases melee damage by 3 aka 1.5 hearts

Reactions: Fesa

MoMercy

Novice Member
Nov 11, 2017
I dont think its a good idea because there will be alot of campers stay in thier base and try to get the potions and strength is to overpowered

SenatorKarma

Apr 21, 2018
That doesn't even make any sense lmao. It increases melee damage by 3 aka 1.5 hearts
It does make sense. It is the basic mechanics of the game. For each sharpness level it slightly decreases the effect of strength. This has been tested by myself and others for numerous hours.

Fesa

Quality Assurance
Team CubeCraft
🧪 Quality Assurance
💌 Customer Support
Oct 17, 2016
Yoitsu
Pronouns
She/Her
It does make sense. It is the basic mechanics of the game. For each sharpness level it slightly decreases the effect of strength. This has been tested by myself and others for numerous hours.
Hiii!! I'd really like to see some proof of this. I just tested it and as Jukaido and I said, it always increases the attack damage by 3...

Reactions: Jukaido
Members Online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on WorriedSkate940's profile.
Pro helper!:D
Conea64 wrote on WorriedSkate940's profile.
I know I'm early but congratulations on being a colourful little fella
Xi1m wrote on camulos's profile.
happy broathdy
Basketman wrote on ImSatisfied's profile.
Happy Birthday!
Basketman wrote on camulos's profile.
Happy Birthday!
Top Bottom