Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net
Apr 11, 2021
Hello!

I've had this idea in the back of my head for a gamemode. I really love interactive story based games, like Minecraft Storymode or games like Portal and Life is Strange. It would consist of a variety of storylines to choose from, from serious to comedy to horror. Each story would have it's own characters and storyline. All of it would be Unique. You would play as a character in the story, where you can choose your own adventure. You decide what your character says (from a pool of probably 4 options to pick from) and discover things around the map that give achievements. If you do something unpredictable you can get achievements that provide coins or something extra. There could also be 2 player ones, where you are together and each play a different character in the story, interacting with each other and the NPCs around. There could be puzzles, co-op puzzles, PvE, PvP (2+ players), and even call backs to old maps and lobbies the server has had. Every story would have a beginning and an end, and you would be able to leave in the middle of the story and do something else, but when you join back you are where you left on to continue your journey.

Another thing to compare it to would be the maps you can download where you follow the story. Those used to be super popular among youtubers, but often times the viewer would just watch the youtuber play it and not experience it themselves. The stories would be free, they could have sequels and trailers to get people excited, and I think it is unique and would draw a wide variety of the Minecraft players that you wouldn't normally see.

I would also be willing to help further explain my idea, and how I see it working. I also have a few ideas for a script so I would be willing to help out with that as well. Below are some of my ideas//genre ideas. Comment any questions/dm me if you have any questions. Thank you!
1111.png
22222.png

InkAsriel

Sep 23, 2017
The Netherlands
while i think this isnt only very original and sounds like loads of fun (as i too, love these types of games :3), i think it wouldnt fit cubecraft and would take forever to make, so i will stay neutral in this. but honestly? i think this would be great to see as a fun project of your own with other people and to upload as an adventure map, so other people could download and play :) i love playing adventure maps, so i'd try it out for sure!

Reactions: Matriox

TyFoxy

Dedicated Member
Nov 26, 2015
Chrononshia
www.TyFoxy.com
I do like this idea, we do have a large player base, on the bedrock edition especially, that makes big reaches in our lobbies to roleplay and find different ways to have fun. These players tend to use our lobbies to map out their own adventure stories so this could be interesting for those seeking a different approach to our network. Our network is big on PVP/PVE. That being said, Skyblock was and is still fairly popular. I wouldn't venture off to say that we could use something like this, but this is something special on its own.

If you can, try and find ways to incorporate what we have already in our network and put your gamemode in those shoes, so to speak, and make it fit into what we currently have now.

I'd like to see this go places :D

Apr 11, 2021
I dont think many players will play it bc cubecraft is more a fight pvp game.
I agree with what InkAsriel said but also see where you are coming from, majority of the server is PvP based and there would be ways to incorporate this into the gameplay while also including the story aspect and the beauty of cinema while also, quite frankly, killing monsters or each other. And I do know half of the minecraft community that likes the more laid back PvE and Survival part of the game. And those that play adventure maps only. There could be maps with no PvP and if you don't like that, don't play that storyline. Or don't play it at all! I believe that this could draw in the laid back group and the PvP group together into one, and get some new people on the server that may have not joined otherwise. Thank you for the input!

Reactions: TyFoxy
Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

Thjis wrote on CubeCraft's profile.
Happy Bday Cube Bedrock!
ToonBer wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Gefeliciteerd eitje!
Eli wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Happy Birthday!!!
JokeKaedee wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Gefeliciteerd met je verjaardag!! :egg: