Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pillow

Sep 25, 2016
My computer
I think that word is just banned because it has been misused too many times. I do not think it was for religious purposes.

MikeDaKing

Apr 1, 2016
Eggwars Map Teaparty
I have been playing in cubecraft long time. In one of my games in "Eggwars" I got friendly with some people in the game (I mean in the chat that we talked alot). We were talking about where everyone is from and when I wanted to say i'm a jew from israel, I saw that the word "jew" is blocked by the chat. I told myself that the staff probably blocked all the religions but when I checked it I saw that "jew" is the only religious word that you can't say, you can say "Muslim", "Arab", "christian" though. I personally got offended, I would like to hear your side of the story.

Did you try saying that you were Jewish instead of saying you were a Jew? That might work.

Huob

Jun 4, 2017
Holland
I have been playing in cubecraft long time. In one of my games in "Eggwars" I got friendly with some people in the game (I mean in the chat that we talked alot). We were talking about where everyone is from and when I wanted to say i'm a jew from israel, I saw that the word "jew" is blocked by the chat. I told myself that the staff probably blocked all the religions but when I checked it I saw that "jew" is the only religious word that you can't say, you can say "Muslim", "Arab", "christian" though. I personally got offended, I would like to hear your side of the story.

wow, that is weird.

I think they blocked jew because the Holocaust.
But you're right, it is a normal word.

KitKatkels17

Jul 27, 2016
Candy - https://discord.gg/rcQfj8v
The chat filter system is really messed up XD
I'm sorry your religion is blocked as a filter I honestly don't know how they choose which words to block, in the past there have been questionable words they have or haven't blocked and I am very sorry that this happened to you

Gainfullterror

Forum Professional
Mar 24, 2016
Breakfast for Dinner Club HQ
www.cubecraft.net
You're rude since you left the staff team, maybe you should've stayed. Please elaborate of what you mean before your rude message.
Well you could've read the thread to see why DYD said that people could use "j3w". It has nothing to do with bypassing the filter for a bad cause.

A

A pigeon

I dislike people who sugarcoat their words and spam xD and <3 and try to be fake . Annoying people . Type the truth and they get salty .

Reactions: Cyqni
B

Britney Spears

I'm not being rude, just being myself. Sorry if it offends you, I keep forgetting that not everyone speaks sarcasm. Anyhow, before this is going to get locked for going off-topic, Jew is a religion and therefore should not be blocked, if people use it as a curse and someone's feelings got hurt due to that then they could always report them right? Why would you take away someone's right to speak out about their religion because some 10 year olds can't contain themselfs.

A

A pigeon

N
I'm not being rude, just being myself. Sorry if it offends you, I keep forgetting that not everyone speaks sarcasm. Anyhow, before some rando's gonna lock this for going off-topic, Jew is a religion and therefore should not be blocked, if people use it as a curse and someone's feelings got hurt due to that then they could always report them right? Why would you take away someone's right to speak out about their religion because some 10 year olds can't contain themselfs.
nay , all religions should be muted .

Tacosbefriends

Forum Professional
Jan 13, 2014
I personally got offended, I would like to hear your side of the story.
As a fellow Jew, I personally requested that "Jew" be added to the filter due to the large number of people using the word in an offensive way. I haven't seen too many people using Muslim or Christian offensively, but if I do, they will also be added to the filter to protect people of that faith. I apologize for the minor inconvenience and the perceived prejudice of the filter, but I would like you to know that it's been implemented as a means of protecting a group, not disparaging it.

We generally try to avoid religion and politics in general on the server, as it tends to lead to controversial and highly argumentative discussions. For example, the words Trump and Clinton were in the filter following the 2016 United States election due to the uproar it caused. Unfortunately, antisemitism is a lingering problem that doesn't seem to go away, so I am hesitant to request for "Jew" to be removed from the filter. I hope you can understand that this is the best possible way we can think of to put an end to antisemitism on the server.

Lilleh__

Dedicated Member
Apr 22, 2017
Sounds like you're accusing staff of being nazis, but nazi players or others who might hate jews from using it in an offensive way.
So shouldn't the word "muslim" be censored aswell bc of the bad reputation given to them by ISIS? It would stop ppl from using it in offensive ways and racists accusing players of being ISIS just bc they're muslim.

Gainfullterror

Forum Professional
Mar 24, 2016
www.cubecraft.net
Sounds like you're accusing staff of being nazis
That's quite an assumption.
I don't remember him saying anything along the lines of that on this thread, so don't go and say things like that.

He even said the following, which contradicts what you said:
I know that you're not against jews but I just think that to be fair the others should be blocked to.

MrKairi

Oct 3, 2015
Mexico City
The reason "jew" is a censored word is the fact that the German Dictator in WWII (Adolf Hitler, aka Adumb Hiker) did horrible things to jews. Not going to go into detail because its just to bad...

Its censored because people would make offensive jokes about it that aren't appropriate.
nice answare :3

Reactions: Deeds
B

Britney Spears

So shouldn't the word "muslim" be censored aswell bc of the bad reputation given to them by ISIS? It would stop ppl from using it in offensive ways and racists accusing players of being ISIS just bc they're muslim.

Yeah, amazing, while you're at it, censor the whole alphabet, I mean a broom is inappropriate as well because it can be used as a weapon which is very inappropriate and dangerous. A fence can be inappropriate as well because I once saw someone fall off a fence and break their elbow, very, very dangerous indeed, block it!

Reactions: Lilleh__
Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on mysticil's profile.
Welcome to the forums I hope you will enjoy your stay here!:D
Cool reaction score:
IMG_5407.jpeg

Thanks @TheOrderOfSapphire for being my 3333rd lol
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on matmat's profile.
Welcome to the forums!:D If you need help just dm me or other staff and we will be happy to help you. ^-^
Reesle wrote on matmat's profile.
Welcome to the Official Cubecraft Forums! :)
You’re cool for joining 😎
UncleSpect wrote on Desiderata's profile.
henlo haha
Top Bottom