1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Staff Dealing With Hackers

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by pixiehope, Aug 15, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pixiehope

pixiehope Member

Hello. I recently reported a hacker. My report got denied (he was clearly hacking.) But I didn't have video proof of it. I would just like to talk about the way staff handles this stuff. Also, I can't just pull up a screen recorder in the middle of a game to catch a hacker...:confused1: I feel like maybe staff should watch the reported player for a few games without them knowing you are there, obviously. Because you act like there is nothing you can do about it when there is. It just annoys me because you guys arent doing anything about hackers just because I dont have a video proof. I am not happy and I really hope you guys do something about it. Please dont take this the wrong way, I am just trying to help out.

2. Donald Trump

Donald Trump Member

Idek.
    The issue is that staff can't go into games to spectate. They also receive numerous false reports so this system would result in less bans. I always record every game I play.

3. awesomebutter234

awesomebutter234 Member

I believe that cubecraft uses the innocent until found guilty method of things, not the guilty until found innocent. If if was done the other way basically everyone would be banned, hacker or not. Some video recorders have hotkeys that you can asign to start up a recording whenever needed, you just need to have them running.(so when you are about to play also start up your recording software too) Also you do realized that 1.cubecraft staff members have lives, they can't baby sit one player, and two using the logic of "just because I don't have evidence does not mean the player was hacking" someone could just report you right now because they don't like you and get you banned.

FadedRoses likes this.
  4. TheQueenWaddle

TheQueenWaddle Member

Pokemon Addict
    Home Page:
    Sure, let's criticize the staff for doing the right thing.

Last edited: Aug 15, 2016
  5. LilNugget

LilNugget Helper Staff Member Helper

Im sorry, but in your report he was not obviously hacking. Obviously hacking would be good video evidence. If a lot of players don't like eachother, they can all say a guy is hacking.. So you want to ban him? Also, if someone says a player hacking, and the player accused says "Yep, I hack" that could just be him going along with it cause there is nothing he can really do about being called a hacker. Banning people for screen shots would be SO unfair.

6. Camezonda

Camezonda Mod Staff Member Moderator

YouTube
    Home Page:
    I feel like this thread has been answered. Also, the main reason why we reject screenshots, is because they can be photoshopped. Thanks! :D

Locked.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.