Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Chr7st

Jan 18, 2020
Paraguay
I made my Post which you can view here:https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/nice-one-cc-i-just-lost-10k-levels-because-yall-are-stupid.249467/
Camezoda then Locks and leaves this response:
1593223553374.png
I check my Skyblock and I still dont have my 10k levels Lol.
My biggest point in the post was that it does not give you xp back. And Camzoda answer something I really didn't ask? He just literally copy pasted his response on all the posts i checked. He didn't even address that issue?? (in my post at least)
he says we were compensated but it says i need 9k+ lvls.

All our work was for nothing Basically.
(I would like to point out it is plausible that 10k xp makes up 89lvls but i dont think so. If yes he should have said it, so if i am wrong camzoda i still stand with criticizing the lock. You shouldn't lock something like that without giving an understandable explanation. And definitely copy paste the entire message even once. Like at least make it personalized somehow.) With that being said i feel scammed either way. You should have held a vote whether to remove or keep the "bug". Speaking about bugs why are bugs the only thing that make CC fun.

Dec 8, 2019
Enchants needs a rework as it stands rn on bedrock the cap is 5 which if you use on fortune give a 1/2 chance of getting 2 of the item most quests require thousands if items which maily takes alot of time if there was scaling in difficulty of each enchantment level it provides value to enchants again cause as It stands getting a level 5 enchant takes 50 level on stone tools and breaks in 100 or so blocks mined I mean I understand the reason behind patching the bug but when it was patched I thought the enchant system would get more grindy not completely useless.

Reactions: Chr7st

DuhYerro

Jun 26, 2020
I'm pretty sure they did it based on what level your tools were. (level 60 sword would give you 60 levels)

• Wow
Reactions: Chr7st

TheBrownster

Forum Expert
Jun 10, 2016
A Pasture
Hello
So this was a bug (as Camezonda had said). Since Skyblock is effectively still in beta, bugs and changes of this kind are to be expected and we are working our hardest to have everything balanced and fixed by the time skyblock is fully released. This particular bug was quite game breaking in the sense that it removes so much of how the game was intended to be played. One set of armor with a high protection and unbreaking would last you far into the game and would make you next to invincible. Strong swords would make all bosses and enemies pointless. All tools would be overpowered getting you many resources from one block.
I understand that some people feels this makes the game more fun, but from a game design standpoint, it ruins the game. On Java edition, the enchantment cap was placed at 5 for several months. Many people assume that, with the release of the nether, we will be able to finally upgrade our tools to better enchantments (since we need quartz for further upgrades). For the time being, I recommend playing through the skyblock content as intended while waiting for the release of more enchantment levels. Yes, it does make the game more grindy, but that is part of a persistence game like this.

As for levels. I went ahead and modeled how much experience total each level is worth. The game breaks this model into three mathmatical sections (0-16, 17-31, 32+). If you were to do one-thousand 10 level enchants, that would be the equievalent of 16000 experience (10 levels is equal to total of 160 exp. 160 exp*100 = 16000 exp). If we then compare this number to the model for higher levels, we can then see that 16000 exp only equates to 76.264 levels. This is because the required experience for each level follows and exponential curve (higher you go, the more exp it takes to reach the next level).

Total Experience for each Level
1593262227190.png

With 16000 total experience overlayed on
1593262283247.png

I don't know if this is how the Admin team decided to refund levels, but this is something that would make sense. Giving exactly as much exp as what was spent on the tools/weapons/armor.

Dec 8, 2019
Hello
So this was a bug (as Camezonda had said). Since Skyblock is effectively still in beta, bugs and changes of this kind are to be expected and we are working our hardest to have everything balanced and fixed by the time skyblock is fully released. This particular bug was quite game breaking in the sense that it removes so much of how the game was intended to be played. One set of armor with a high protection and unbreaking would last you far into the game and would make you next to invincible. Strong swords would make all bosses and enemies pointless. All tools would be overpowered getting you many resources from one block.
I understand that some people feels this makes the game more fun, but from a game design standpoint, it ruins the game. On Java edition, the enchantment cap was placed at 5 for several months. Many people assume that, with the release of the nether, we will be able to finally upgrade our tools to better enchantments (since we need quartz for further upgrades). For the time being, I recommend playing through the skyblock content as intended while waiting for the release of more enchantment levels. Yes, it does make the game more grindy, but that is part of a persistence game like this.

As for levels. I went ahead and modeled how much experience total each level is worth. The game breaks this model into three mathmatical sections (0-16, 17-31, 32+). If you were to do one-thousand 10 level enchants, that would be the equievalent of 16000 experience (10 levels is equal to total of 160 exp. 160 exp*100 = 16000 exp). If we then compare this number to the model for higher levels, we can then see that 16000 exp only equates to 76.264 levels. This is because the required experience for each level follows and exponential curve (higher you go, the more exp it takes to reach the next level).

Total Experience for each Level
View attachment 168897
With 16000 total experience overlayed on
View attachment 168898

I don't know if this is how the Admin team decided to refund levels, but this is something that would make sense. Giving exactly as much exp as what was spent on the tools/weapons/armor.
Well enchantments are purposeless as fortune 5 give you a 50% chance at double the block which is basically nothing and getting those enchants means on stone you need 50 levels which with a stone pickaxe wpuld take you more time than it's worth like I'm 2 islands away from the last island and I don't think I'm ever going to enchant and probably get there 1st or close to 1st maybe wirh diamonds durability it might see use but for now level 5 is worthless

TheBrownster

Forum Expert
Jun 10, 2016
A Pasture
Well enchantments are purposeless as fortune 5 give you a 50% chance at double the block which is basically nothing and getting those enchants means on stone you need 50 levels which with a stone pickaxe wpuld take you more time than it's worth like I'm 2 islands away from the last island and I don't think I'm ever going to enchant and probably get there 1st or close to 1st maybe wirh diamonds durability it might see use but for now level 5 is worthless
A 50% chance for extra drops is really quite good. Especially considering that fortune works on just about anything (in java edition, I get extra drops on crops, wood, ores (including iron and gold), and mob drops). Far more than what vanilla would reward you for). Once the enchantment cap is increased (likely with the nether update like is expected for java), you will be able to get that percent chance up even higher.
I think you are just viewing 50% as bad since you experienced the bug where you can get absurdely overpowered tools. By comparison, yes, it is not that great. In terms of actual gameplay, it is really quite good.

Reactions: Dutchyyy
Dec 8, 2019
A 50% chance for extra drops is really quite good. Especially considering that fortune works on just about anything (in java edition, I get extra drops on crops, wood, ores (including iron and gold), and mob drops). Far more than what vanilla would reward you for). Once the enchantment cap is increased (likely with the nether update like is expected for java), you will be able to get that percent chance up even higher.
I think you are just viewing 50% as bad since you experienced the bug where you can get absurdely overpowered tools. By comparison, yes, it is not that great. In terms of actual gameplay, it is really quite good.
Normal survival mc allows you to get more items with fortune 1 than your skyblocks fortune 5 it takes 10 mins to get fortune 5 on a pick as it's slow to grind xp enchanting was overpowered as it was but pretty much removing its use all together doesn't give players anything to do inbetween wait times for crops or tress to grow

TheBrownster

Forum Expert
Jun 10, 2016
A Pasture
Normal survival mc allows you to get more items with fortune 1 than your skyblocks fortune 5 it takes 10 mins to get fortune 5 on a pick as it's slow to grind xp enchanting was overpowered as it was but pretty much removing its use all together doesn't give players anything to do inbetween wait times for crops or tress to grow
That is entirely false. Vanilla fortune 1 is a 33% chance for double drops (cube's is 50%). Fortune 2 is 25% for double and 25% for triple. Fortune 3 is 20% double, 20% triple, 20% quadruple. So yes, vanilla fortune 2 and 3 are better than fortune 5 on cube, but our fortune also works on a wider variety of resources. And as I mentioned before, once the enchantment cap is increased, you will get those chances even higher, potentially even chances for triple drops depending on how they handle Fortune 11 and beyond. If it does give a chance for triple drops, then this style of fortune would quickly pass vanilla fortune 3 (just having to get fortune 12 to be equal).
It takes a short amount of time to get fortune 5 on a weaker pickaxe, but if enchanting is the same as it is on java, then it will take quite a lot of levels to get lvl 5 enchantments on iron and diamond pickaxes. Fortune 5 is vastly greater than not having fortune at all (you only need to mine 66% of the resources to reach the goal). So you can't say that it 'pretty much removes its use all together'. There are also plans to add in boosts (if I'm not mistaken) for crops/trees/ores so you don't have to wait as long.

Dec 8, 2019
That is entirely false. Vanilla fortune 1 is a 33% chance for double drops (cube's is 50%). Fortune 2 is 25% for double and 25% for triple. Fortune 3 is 20% double, 20% triple, 20% quadruple. So yes, vanilla fortune 2 and 3 are better than fortune 5 on cube, but our fortune also works on a wider variety of resources. And as I mentioned before, once the enchantment cap is increased, you will get those chances even higher, potentially even chances for triple drops depending on how they handle Fortune 11 and beyond. If it does give a chance for triple drops, then this style of fortune would quickly pass vanilla fortune 3 (just having to get fortune 12 to be equal).
It takes a short amount of time to get fortune 5 on a weaker pickaxe, but if enchanting is the same as it is on java, then it will take quite a lot of levels to get lvl 5 enchantments on iron and diamond pickaxes. Fortune 5 is vastly greater than not having fortune at all (you only need to mine 66% of the resources to reach the goal). So you can't say that it 'pretty much removes its use all together'. There are also plans to add in boosts (if I'm not mistaken) for crops/trees/ores so you don't have to wait as long.
Fortune 10 means 100% at double fortune 20 means 100% at triple fortune 30 means 100% at quadruple and so on but this might only be achievable in the last island where it's most needed but still before hand on island 7 and 8 you still have the same cap as island 3 and 4 like there is no progression to make but get more money

Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

JokeKaedee wrote on yousif1playz's profile.
Happy birthday c:
JokeKaedee wrote on Maxminedigger's profile.
Happy birthday!! 🍰
Uhh I might be the cause of this but, it spells W so 🤔
Thanks @AnolTongi for the image
1714853932931.png
SpringWarz wrote on Fesa's profile.
Stop complaining about people putting their names in bug reports, thank you!
Top Bottom