Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Would you like to see Speed Eggwars return to CubeCraft?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

TP_Mees

Novice Member
Jan 19, 2020
Netherlands, Utrecht
Dear CubeCrafters,
Like 2 years ago, speed Eggwars was added to CubeCraft. Me and my friends really enjoyed it because the games were just much more strategic.
Since then, it has never been an option again. I have no clue why they removed the game mode but I would love it to come back. If there aren't as many people who like it, it could also be a limited time mode once in a while.
Please let me know your thoughts,
TP_Mees

RPoule

Dedicated Member
Jan 13, 2016
Netherlands
Has been requested an awful lot. I recently replied in this thread.
Just gonna copy and paste that reaction. Still remains relevant.

Re-Adding Speed-Eggwars will not succeed, here is why:

It's very attractive to "good" players since (as the name implies) speed-eggwars is played way faster than regular eggwars. Which creates a big gap between people who know exactly how to efficiently play eggwars and can therefore play even faster. While less skilled players can't take advantage of the sped up version at all. They'll lose more, because they need to rely on outgearing their opponents which is way harder in speed-eggwars, and they'll lose faster which pushes them away from the game. This creates a gamemode which only stays interesting for those that excell in regular eggwars. Causing games to actually drag out more because stronger players avoid danger and death more easily. This is exactly what eventually happened to speed-eggwars when it was still online. I regularly had speed-eggwars game that dragged on for longer than my average normal eggwars games. The gamemode gets boring and people shift back to regular ol' eggwars, leaving speed-eggwars for dead.

Add the fact that the Java playerbase can be quite small at times already, splitting up that player base even further might cause both games to suffer from low playercounts.

PS. adding it as a limited gamemode could be fun though. But might be too much for too little, if only we could just turn regular eggwars into speed-eggwars by adding Speed pots in Overpowered :P
https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/eggwars-potions.218355/
https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/potions-in-overpowered-eggwars.225149/

Aosm

Apr 16, 2019
All mini games removed should be back. I enjoyed Creative, Speed eggwars. +1

TheZigbot9000

Dedicated Member
Jan 3, 2016
The North Obsidian Pillar in The End
I'd love for this to come back but make it its own gamemode that coexist inside Normal Eggwars. Eggwars is in a desperate need for a new gamemode as OP Half/Normal health is topping the charts. I don't even bother voting anymore as my one vote is overshadowed by 5 others. If i got my way I'd personally vote for Hardcore/Half :P
if only we could just turn regular eggwars into speed-eggwars by adding Speed pots in Overpowered :p
I'm okay with this long as it's speed ONE. Speed two is simply too fast. Tbh I'd rather fight without it even if the other opponent has speed.

Reactions: _The13thDoctor_

Dubby Plays

Jul 13, 2019
Italy
youtu.be
Can I ask you guys, what Speed EggWars were, and how did they work?
I would really appreciate a list of all the differences between the normal one and the speed one)

TheZigbot9000

Dedicated Member
Jan 3, 2016
The North Obsidian Pillar in The End
Can I ask you guys, what Speed EggWars were, and how did they work?
I would really appreciate a list of all the differences between the normal one and the speed one)

Less time to gather your items because you were guarenteed going to get rushed by someone. This was offset by the gens generating more resources faster. You had speed in this mode as well. Basically Normal Eggwars but faster.

Dubby Plays

Jul 13, 2019
Italy
youtu.be
Less time to gather your items because you were guarenteed going to get rushed by someone. This was offset by the gens generating more resources faster. You had speed in this mode as well. Basically Normal Eggwars but faster.

On Bedrock we have OP EggWars, where there are more items in the shop, all the items have a really cheap price and you get more of them. So it seems really like Speed EggWars.

I think I may love Speed EggWars if they add them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

qKhalidd wrote on xLucq's profile.
happy birthday!
Mintypie231 wrote on xLucq's profile.
Happy birthday!! 🎂🎉
This is YOUR daily dose of facts #50-
It is physically impossible for pigs to look up into the sky.
The scientific term for brain freeze is “sphenopalatine ganglioneuralgia.”
An estimated 50% of all gold ever mined on Earth came from a single plateau in South Africa: Witwatersrand.
The Grand Canyon is 900 times deeper than an Olympic swimming pool.
Upto 128 Strongholds can spawn in one Minecraft world (java).
Reesle wrote on xLucq's profile.
Happy Birthday Luca! 🎉
Reesle wrote on Mintypie231's profile.
Happy Birthday! 🥧✨
Top Bottom