Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

solarxysm

Mar 26, 2022
the sun
currently, spawnkilling isnt allowed on eggwars. however on blockwars it is allowed. why? because according to a staff member that i asked, it is fair because you all have the same gear. but so what? they are still trying to spawnkill you, which falls under a subcategory of trolling. even if they cant, they still intend to. in my opinion, this should be punishable because it is by intent, not by the success in which they carry it out. yeah short opinion but thats cos im sick and tired of spawnkillers constantly plaguing my games and im really angry rn lol

agree-unsure-disagree - 7:5:14

agree percentage - 26.9321%
unsure percentage - 19.2308%
disagree percentage - 53.8462%

Last edited:

human being

Jan 23, 2022
i agree even if they have the same gear as you if they don't have the same skill as you then that won't stop you from being able to spawn kill them

Reactions: Katsukka

Silco

Forum Expert
Jan 28, 2021
CubeCraft, Blockwars Bridges
Pronouns
He/Him
currently, spawnkilling isnt allowed on eggwars. however on blockwars it is allowed. why? because according to a staff member that i asked, it is fair because you all have the same gear. but so what? they are still trying to spawnkill you, which falls under a subcategory of trolling. even if they cant, they still intend to. in my opinion, this should be punishable because it is by intent, not by the success in which they carry it out. yeah short opinion but thats cos im sick and tired of spawnkillers constantly plaguing my games and im really angry rn lol

agree-unsure-disagree - 0:0:2

agree percentage - 0%
unsure percentage - 0%
disagree percentage - 100%
Hmmm it is a good strategy and if you know what you are doing you can escape the killers so it’s not game breaking. It can be frustrating, but you can always escape or leave that game.

Last edited:
Reactions: BurntCrown8876

Blom

Forum Expert
Sep 12, 2018
MinerWare Town
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him
Hmmm it is a good strategy and if you know what you are doing you can escape the killers so it’s not game breaking. It can be frustrating, but you can always escape or leave that game.
I disagree. Lets say your game loads a bit longer than usual every time after you die, you simply cannot escape. Most of the BlockWars maps have a little platform from which you can easily be voided. Besides that, you could literally say the same of EggWars: if you know what you're doing you could escape the killers (for example, having certain kits that give you enough gear upon spawning.

I find it weird that it is not punishable on BlockWars. I definitely agree: spawnkilling is trolling and it should be punished in every gamemode where it applies on :agree:

Reactions: FoxFil_ and Silco

Silco

Forum Expert
Jan 28, 2021
Pronouns
He/Him
I disagree. Lets say your game loads a bit longer than usual every time after you die, you simply cannot escape. Most of the BlockWars maps have a little platform from which you can easily be voided. Besides that, you could literally say the same of EggWars: if you know what you're doing you could escape the killers (for example, having certain kits that give you enough gear upon spawning.

I find it weird that it is not punishable on BlockWars. I definitely agree: spawnkilling is trolling and it should be punished in every gamemode where it applies on :agree:
I do see your point, it can be frustrating but the chances are that you’ll be able to at least spawn once and hold off the killers to buy time for the rest of your team.

It’s a hard decision as it relies on player skill, as new players likely will keep dying whereas experienced players will be able to stop it. Banning it likely would be good, although it is an effective strategy (even if it is horrible to play). But say if someone on Bridges is waiting midway down the line and just shooting anyone who passes into the void, isn’t that in essence just the same as spawn killing? It is just not at the spawn?

D

Deleted member 584093

agree-unsure-disagree - 3:2:7

agree percentage - 25%
unsure percentage - 16.67%
disagree percentage - 58.3%
Which type of spawn killing are you talking about is it the one where all bridges are blocked with blocks and the enemy keeps firing arrows or where the enemy surrounds your spawn area with blocks and keeps firing arrows at you?

solarxysm

Mar 26, 2022
the sun
Which type of spawn killing are you talking about is it the one where all bridges are blocked with blocks and the enemy keeps firing arrows or where the enemy surrounds your spawn area with blocks and keeps firing arrows at you?
enemy surrounding spawn area (eg the sand glitch but thats patched innit) im biased for ctf cos i play bridges less

solarxysm

Mar 26, 2022
the sun
guys what im saying is:

it should be punishable based on the intent of doing it even if it doesnt work not by the actual success of carrying it out

BurntCrown8876

Nov 9, 2021
My Cat's Basket
allout.org
Pronouns
He/Him
Hiya! 👋

I'm not sure, but I think in Block Wars you don't have the 'shield' when you respawn, like in Egg Wars? Could that the added, and so if you hit someone you ar enough longer invincible, and it runs out after a certain amount of time? Just an idea.

you can always escape or leave that game.
Perhaps, but people shouldn't have to leave and have a bad time just because one person is annoying them and giving them a hard time.

Plus, there would be a lot of reports if they did spawn kill you, which could give mods a hard time. Also, they may not know that you just respawned, and so could get falsely banned.

Thank you, that's my opinion on the matter! ~Burnt

Reactions: solarxysm

Silco

Forum Expert
Jan 28, 2021
Pronouns
He/Him
Hiya! 👋

I'm not sure, but I think in Block Wars you don't have the 'shield' when you respawn, like in Egg Wars? Could that the added, and so if you hit someone you ar enough longer invincible, and it runs out after a certain amount of time? Just an idea.

Perhaps, but people shouldn't have to leave and have a bad time just because one person is annoying them and giving them a hard time.

Plus, there would be a lot of reports if they did spawn kill you, which could give mods a hard time. Also, they may not know that you just respawned, and so could get falsely banned.

Thank you, that's my opinion on the matter! ~Burnt
On Blockwars an invulnerability period would not be good, as you could use it to get close to the enemy score zone/flag, especially with speed boost! On Factory for example with speed boost, you could be basically there by the time invulnerability wears off. Also as you said making it bannable will lead to a huge amount of reports coming in, which isn’t great

BurntCrown8876

Nov 9, 2021
My Cat's Basket
allout.org
Pronouns
He/Him
Hiya again!

On Blockwars an invulnerability period would not be good, as you could use it to get close to the enemy score zone/flag, especially with speed boost!
I agree, but then, as well as it cancelling your invulnerability period if you hit someone or if a certain amount of time (Say, 10 seconds-ish) it could cancel it if you go pass a certain distance on the map, say halfway between your team's side and the enemy's side.

Also as you said making it bannable will lead to a huge amount of reports coming in, which isn’t great
Could there be a way to make it with Sentinel, instead of an invulnerability period? Maybe it could be, if Sentinel detects you attacked someone in the first 10 seconds of spawning, it could be like:
Punishment track: Message to you in chat warning you → Kick from current game → 1 day ban → 7 day ban → 30 day ban → Permanent Ban
Just an idea!
~Burnt

• Disagree
Reactions: Silco

Silco

Forum Expert
Jan 28, 2021
Pronouns
He/Him
Hiya again!

I agree, but then, as well as it cancelling your invulnerability period if you hit someone or if a certain amount of time (Say, 10 seconds-ish) it could cancel it if you go pass a certain distance on the map, say halfway between your team's side and the enemy's side.

Could there be a way to make it with Sentinel, instead of an invulnerability period? Maybe it could be, if Sentinel detects you attacked someone in the first 10 seconds of spawning, it could be like:
Punishment track: Message to you in chat warning you → Kick from current game → 1 day ban → 7 day ban → 30 day ban → Permanent Ban
Just an idea!
~Burnt
I wouldn’t add another feature to Sentinel, as if you hit someone by accident, whoops now you’ve been warned. Do it twice now you’ve been kicked out of the game! People then would hide in spawning players, avoiding damage then getting opposing players banned and removed.
The invulnerability period still would be too powerful, as you could also get a big bridge up without getting hurt. Or make it a while being a speedy invulnerable bullet, to keep scoring.

What if there was a section by the spawn (like a 2x2x2 box) that didn’t let opposing players enter or attack through? That stops spawn killing almost entirely without the need for banning

• Unsure

BurntCrown8876

Nov 9, 2021
My Cat's Basket
allout.org
Pronouns
He/Him
What if there was a section by the spawn (like a 2x2x2 box) that didn’t let opposing players enter or attack through? That stops spawn killing almost entirely without the need for banning
It would need to throw you out after a certain amount of time, then not let you enter after that, as people could just camp there.
~Burnt

Blom

Forum Expert
Sep 12, 2018
MinerWare Town
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him
I'll come back to show a clip here if bridges is back. I wanted to show a clip from java ctf as well, but java ctf has spawn protection, so spawn killing doesnt really work in other gamemodes than bridges

solarxysm

Mar 26, 2022
the sun
another thing what if u could have like a certain radius in the spawn area in which the enemy gets damaged and launched away

Blom

Forum Expert
Sep 12, 2018
MinerWare Town
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him
another thing what if u could have like a certain radius in the spawn area in which the enemy gets damaged and launched away
in blockwars bridges, you have to pass the spawn to get to the pit to score points. getting the players damaged would not be very beneficial for the gameplay

For blockwars ctf and core, in Java this isn't a problem, since spawn protection is a thing, but for bedrock I cant tell. If there already is spawn protection, there is no issue indeed, because of the gear (so you can mine your way through, but for bwb there is definitely this issue that cant be solved this way.

solarxysm

Mar 26, 2022
the sun
in blockwars bridges, you have to pass the spawn to get to the pit to score points. getting the players damaged would not be very beneficial for the gameplay

For blockwars ctf and core, in Java this isn't a problem, since spawn protection is a thing, but for bedrock I cant tell. If there already is spawn protection, there is no issue indeed, because of the gear (so you can mine your way through, but for bwb there is definitely this issue that cant be solved this way.
i know i forgot to say ctf because i dont play much bridges

Members Online

Members online

Latest profile posts

Desiderata wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
eggs age over time

how curious
C95689C6-C73E-40B4-9CD7-76C479A7E2D5.png

Here’s my son, I made him in biology today! Say hi to Jimothy!
UncleSpect wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Happy birthday! 🎈
Desiderata wrote on savina875's profile.
thabks 4 folow
UncleSpect wrote on Casualpoalrbear's profile.
hoiii cas bearr
Top Bottom