Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

matcha

Forum Veteran
Nov 15, 2016
Droptown
Hello, so about 9 days ago, an update came out for duels. Wasn't too big of a change, but it was nice to have nevertheless.
~~~

The content of the update included:
- Added the ability to allow or not allow Duel challenge requests in the lobby
- Players now in a party of 2 will automatically skip the accept or deny of a duel challenge.
- Added a cap of 10 wins against the same player per day (Custom duels do not count).
- Fixed an issue with death messages from other players appearing in all duel chats.

Increase the cap
Most of these updates are nice to have, but there is only one issue I find with this mini update. It's the 10 win cap against the same player per day. This was implemented (to my understanding) to prevent players from constantly re-matching with an alt and kill farming as a result. The message that appears when you reach the cap is:

upload_2018-6-30_17-10-30.png

The only thing that you will get out of this if you do win the match is 1 EXP if you say "gg", to me that's a bit annoying. I can /leave but that'll count as a win to the other player and a death to me. As someone who does care about his stats, I don't really want to mess it up because I keep queuing up with the same player. (for future reference I'm a NA player)

So can we like, increase the cap or something? It's a good thing that there is a system to prevent players from kill farming, especially in a game mode where it's near impossible to report someone for doing so. But a cap of 10 wins impedes on other players who play when most of the player base are sleeping or something, and yes I'm attempting to go for the duels leaderboard (inb4 "haha what a tryhard" joke).

Map selection
There are 34 (I think) maps in duels. Can we have the ability to select the maps we want to play in, additionally to the kits selection? c:

Leaving the queue
The only way to leave the queue you are in, is to either
1. Leave the lobby
2. Enter a different queue

But I think an option to /leave the queue would be nice to have.

Eli

Forum Veteran
Dec 25, 2017
Bogota, Colombia
Pronouns
He/They
Hello, so about 9 days ago, an update came out for duels. Wasn't too big of a change, but it was nice to have nevertheless.
~~~

The content of the update included:
- Added the ability to allow or not allow Duel challenge requests in the lobby
- Players now in a party of 2 will automatically skip the accept or deny of a duel challenge.
- Added a cap of 10 wins against the same player per day (Custom duels do not count).
- Fixed an issue with death messages from other players appearing in all duel chats.

Increase the cap
Most of these updates are nice to have, but there is only one issue I find with this mini update. It's the 10 win cap against the same player per day. This was implemented (to my understanding) to prevent players from constantly re-matching with an alt and kill farming as a result. The message that appears when you reach the cap is:

View attachment 147115

The only thing that you will get out of this if you do win the match is 1 EXP if you say "gg", to me that's a bit annoying. I can /leave but that'll count as a win to the other player and a death to me. As someone who does care about his stats, I don't really want to mess it up because I keep queuing up with the same player. (for future reference I'm a NA player)

So can we like, increase the cap or something? It's a good thing that there is a system to prevent players from kill farming, especially in a game mode where it's near impossible to report someone for doing so. But a cap of 10 wins impedes on other players who play when most of the player base are sleeping or something, and yes I'm attempting to go for the duels leaderboard (inb4 "haha what a tryhard" joke).

Map selection
There are 34 (I think) maps in duels. Can we have the ability to select the maps we want to play in, additionally to the kits selection? c:

Leaving the queue
The only way to leave the queue you are in, is to either
1. Leave the lobby
2. Enter a different queue

But I think an option to /leave the queue would be nice to have.
Maybe not increasing the cap but making it apply only if you play repeatedly against one player.
So if for example, you play against Player 1 then Player 1 again but then Player 2, the cap for dueling Player 1 resets.

matcha

Forum Veteran
Nov 15, 2016
Droptown
Maybe not increasing the cap but making it apply only if you play repeatedly against one player.
So if for example, you play against Player 1 then Player 1 again but then Player 2, the cap for dueling Player 1 resets.

I think the only issue that arises from this system is people still being able to kill farm an alt a whole bunch. Which is a bit sad.

SpankMeSanta

Dedicated Member
Nov 12, 2016
I think the only way to stop alt-farming is adding ranked duels and then make the new leaderboard based on the top 5 of those.

I think its impossible to stop alt-farming with the current duels system because realistically, to stay on the top 5, you just need about 100-200 wins a day. That's just 10-20 alts which is very easy to get a hold of, and if you can't you can just ask friends to give you free wins and tell them to get on with their alts etc.

eb566f25320eb5ccf9aa80f63d4945ba.png

If they don't add ranked duels then they should just remove this "10 win cap per player" thing and staff should be able to spectate duels and take shifts spectating from time to time to catch the alt-farmers, then wipe their stats once they catch them, because really this 10 win cap is hurting legit players more than alt-farmers.

Reactions: Xoko and matcha
Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

UncleSpect wrote on xEefster's profile.
Happy birthday! 🎈
UncleSpect wrote on Eli's profile.
Happy birthday! 🎈
This is YOUR daily dose of facts #56-
About 3.2 billion people around the world (roughly 46% of the global population) watched at least a minute of the 2010 World Cup!
Mintypie231 wrote on Eli's profile.
Happy birthday! 🎂 🎉
I don't know if I am late/early, but it's 6 may for me. Sorry if I am late.
Top Bottom