Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 492126

WIP

Map name:
Waterfalls

Creator of the map: Spuuuni

Description of the map:

This is the first map I've ever built. I'm very noob at building, I downloaded world edit yesterday

There is a tree, a few ores, a crafting table and a furnace in each island. There are diamond and gold blocks hidden underwater, somewhere in the map.

There are 12 islands, 4 sub-mid islands (with 3 small islands surrounding each) and 1 middle island. Each group is located at a different Y level. It's easy to go to the middle of the map, but rather difficult to go back to your island.

(I'm aware it probably needs more detailing, your feedback is appreciated)

overview.png

all.png

all2.png

Spawn Islands
(Click the images)
spawnislands1.png spawnislands2.png spawnislands3.png

Sub-mid Islands
submid1.png submid2.png submid3.png

Mid
mid1.png mid2.png mid3.png

Here's a vid

(I'm aware it probably needs more detailing, your feedback is appreciated)

Edit: oh yes and thanks @_The13thDoctor_ for giving me some advice

Andyyy

Forum Expert
Dec 7, 2016
Blockwars
Maybe swap out the bark ends with 6 sides logs. Id is 17:12. Also I'd say to use two or three different tree designs so it doesn't all look exactly the same and to use some overhanging/deeper dirt in some places because it's one layer over the top.

Robbedz

Designero
Team CubeCraft
🎨 Designer
Jan 16, 2018
a robbery D:
Heyy, the map look pretty good so far. The idea is original, i just would like you to change a bit the way you executed it.
It seems wayyy too easy to get to the mid, just 2 jumps and no fall damage bc of the water, i would fix that by turning some of the water into blue glass, maybe only the one which leads to the mid. I know some people just like to rush so if you want to make that people happy you might move the starter islands closer to eachother.
Also, the painting, this is just an opinion, , personally, i don't like it when the palate is just grass, stone and its variations, i would try testing painting one island and when i am happy with the result just copying and pasting.

The rest of the map is good, the theme and gameplay are very original, i really like it!!
I hope you take some of my feedback so i will be the happiest possible in case this is accepted.
Keep the great work!! :Ddd

Andyyy

Forum Expert
Dec 7, 2016
Blockwars
I’ve noticed that every map you look at you vote no. Why is that?
Maybe he just want's all necessary improvements to be made before voting yes on a map and wants to see the final design before making an informed decision?
I'd consider that better than just voting yes at a quick glance like many people do as long as the creator knows how and what to change.

_The13thDoctor_

Forum Professional
Jul 23, 2016
Chicago, Illinois
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him
Maybe he just want's all necessary improvements to be made before voting yes on a map and wants to see the final design before making an informed decision?
I'd consider that better than just voting yes at a quick glance like many people do as long as the creator knows how and what to change.

Thanks, but I’d like to hear from him myself. Just curious.

FireExcalibur10

Forum Expert
Jul 3, 2016
Andromeda
Exactly haha. For example with Sancookie's map I first voted no and gave him reasons. Then he changed some things and I changed my vote.

_The13thDoctor_

Forum Professional
Jul 23, 2016
Chicago, Illinois
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him
There are some things that are not at my personal choice. Is that highly relevant?

Exactly haha. For example with Sancookie's map I first voted no and gave him reasons. Then he changed some things and I changed my vote.

Ok, just curious because sometimes you do respond or not but I meant nothing by my responses about this. :P

Marieke2001

Forum Professional
Jul 2, 2015
Hello Spuuni you cute little guy.
First of all, I really love the creativity behind it. It’s an original idea, I just think that there isn’t enough PvP space. You can get easily knocked off your island. Also I think that the stones you used underneath the island need a bit more variation. Might wanna try to use gravel or cobblestone. I like it more when used 3 types of stone instead of 2. But it’s a really good first map!
Bye cutie xoxo

Yamin

Forum Veteran
May 8, 2016
the sushi bar
Hey, for your first time building a map it looks very good, but sadly not good enough yet. There is still some things that can be improved on. I really like the lay-out, but it can become pretty unfair for the players on the middle player islands: the player spawning on the islands closer to the middle can just jump down to it if they find a bucket of water in on of their chests. Also the map looks very similar to Trees. By Changing your pallete this can be avoided.
So the only things I think this map needs are some improvements in the builds and bit of change in the gameplay. If you need help or get stuck with building I bet there are a ton of people willing to help!

xXTheZeusXx

Jul 11, 2018
Guayaquil-Ecuador
www.youtube.com
Idea original, es un complemento que debes tener siempre presente al momento de realizar tus creaciones y no olvidarlo. Es verdad, la falta algunos detalles ya mencionados por las personas más enteradas del tema, pero a mí parecer has iniciado de una manera muy convincente. Éxitos, sigue mejorando.;):cubo:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Not one to normally complain about this type of stuff here but the amount of people using auto-clickers on the new bedwars game is vile. Even a few on the leaderboards which is just something else.
UncleSpect wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Happy birthday! 🎈
Desiderata wrote on savina875's profile.
thabks 4 folow
UncleSpect wrote on Casualpoalrbear's profile.
hoiii cas bearr
UncleSpect wrote on Gokhan_'s profile.
thank you for the follow! 🎈
Top Bottom