Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Should there be a game like Skywars without the void?

• Yes, add it as a new gamemode

Votes: 9 34.6%
  • Yes, add maps without void to skywars

Votes: 3 11.5%
  • No

Votes: 14 53.8%

• Total voters

MagnificentSpam

Forum Expert
Mar 16, 2016
I know knocking players into the void is an integral part of skywars and I am not suggesting to change that completely. But I think it would be nice to have maps that use the same game mechanics as Skywars but a map like Survival Games.

My preferred suggestion:
Add a new gamemode that combines the maps of Survival games with the mechanics of Skywars:
- Players/Teams spawn distributed over the map with multiple chests at each spawn
- Players get similar gear after a while
- Breaking/placing/crafting blocks

I would prefer that over Survival Games and Skywars, but I'm afraid some people might think that's too similar to those two to reason a new, separate gamemode. That's why I suppose it could simply be implemented by adding a few maps without void to Skywars, maybe marking them as such by giving them a different color in the selection, like wing maps in FFA.

Reactions: Power Ranger

iLoveYouu

Forum Veteran
Oct 18, 2015
I know knocking players into the void is an integral part of skywars and I am not suggesting to change that completely. But I think it would be nice to have maps that use the same game mechanics as Skywars but a map like Survival Games.

My preferred suggestion:
Add a new gamemode that combines the maps of Survival games with the mechanics of Skywars:
- Players/Teams spawn distributed over the map with multiple chests at each spawn

I would prefer that over Survival Games and Skywars, but I'm afraid some people might think that's too similar to those two to reason a new, separate gamemode. That's why I suppose it could simply be implemented by adding a few maps without void to Skywars, maybe marking them as such by giving them a different color in the selection, like wing maps in FFA.
I personally think Skywars without void is just basically SG, so the special maps would probably fit more with SG than Skywars. I'm not sure what others think about it though.

MagnificentSpam

Forum Expert
Mar 16, 2016
I personally think Skywars without void is just basically SG, so the special maps would probably fit more with SG than Skywars. I'm not sure what others think about it though.
Yes, I thought so, too. But it might be more difficult to change the game mechanics in sg to add distributed spawns and block breaking/placing/crafting on some maps than to add maps to Skywars.

Reactions: iLoveYouu

ElPtricko

Dedicated Member
Sep 12, 2016
Denmark
Kinda sounds fun. Sounds like something I would play, as I like skywars a bit and I love survival games so I would love to see one or two maps like this. ;)

Jaistrix

Forum Expert
Oct 20, 2015
England
twitter.com
Instead of just removing the void you could just add maps to Skywars with a few different levels. Islands underneath islands so it's harder for you to fall completely into the void. Have the centre chests/centre island at the bottom of the map so it's less likely for people to camp but in the case of camping you have stair cases/ paths that lead to higher parts of the map to make travelling around the map easier.

And as for sg you could add maps like this but that are more like a broken up world (doesn't even have to have that) and you spawn of the outside of the map rather than at the centre with a chest or 2 next to or around you. Depends really.

Reactions: AboodPlayz

Ducky

Forum Professional
Dec 31, 2015
The Netherlands
Well, simple as my answer is, but I'd like to keep Skywars as it is right now. I don't (really) like Survival Games but I love Skywars.

AboodPlayz

Dedicated Member
Jun 3, 2016
Earth

My preferred suggestion:

Well without a void it won't be called Skywars anymore would it? Since it isn't taking place in the sky. It reminds me of the gamemode Walls but in teams and no walls. I would rather have this as a new gamemode of Survival games since it best suits it. If you would like it to be in Skywars I really liked @JaiStrixZ 's idea where there are islands on different levels which could prevent you from falling into the void and letting them have staircases.

Power Ranger

Forum Professional
Apr 20, 2016
The ♡
www.cubecraft.net
I would really like to see this either in SG or as another gamemode. I really like the survival minecraft feel that opens up more strategies with placing/breaking blocks and crafting. I would play UHC for this if it wasn't so broken with ore generation but ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

lars.l

Novice Member
Nov 27, 2016
I think another game mode is time-wasting for devolpers / builder
I think they can focus more on other things

Despacito 2

Forum Professional
Dec 6, 2015
Change the void into water and add boats. ;)
I call it:
53PL69m.png

SOON™

matcha

Forum Veteran
Nov 15, 2016
Droptown
I think another game mode is time-wasting for devolpers / builder
I think they can focus more on other things

I don't think it's too wasteful. The game mode can potentially be something pretty good to have. I do like the concept of having the ability to break blocks and stuff, but who knows.

Now that I think more about it, how about if only certain blocks could be broken, players spawn in different location (islands, or something like that), and a world border of some sort forces the players to go to the bottom to fight?

Also kinda sounds like a game where it would need a lot of players.

Change the void into water and add boats. ;)
I call it:
53PL69m.png

SOON™

:>

GeldHaftige

Dedicated Member
May 4, 2017
Belgium
I like skywars how it is and it is one of the most popular games of cubecraft. Yes, You're right the void is a part of skywars, but if there isn't a void What is than the difference between skywars and surival games? I am not a fan of this idea, the possibility for making traps don't be anymore and that is what I love. I know that you only have suggested for 2/3 maps of this, but skywars without a void isn't skywars anymore. The new name will be countrysidewars, If you understand what I mean.

PleaseReferToMyRealSelf

Novice Member
Feb 20, 2017
a Winter Kyberland.
I prefer keeping it how it is because the void is what makes Skywars Skywars. If we add this maybe it can be a new gamemode. Then we would have Team(Kits or no kits), Solo(Kits or no kits), and Voidless(Kits and no kits)

Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on Hqtemood's profile.
Eagle🦅
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on Verbramdt's profile.
Welcome back my friend!:D I missed you <3
Loskol wrote on Hqtemood's profile.
Eagle🦅
I hope you all had a great weekend!
Top Bottom