Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

GeldHaftige

Dedicated Member
May 4, 2017
Belgium
I don’t understand why the map ice is removed from solo skywars. This was a very lovely map around whole the community. My suggestion is to bring it back.

And a short question: why are most of the time all the maps broken when you want to choose your map (map selection)

Sweetenerera

Forum Professional
Jul 24, 2016
I do love Ice, it's an old map so it'll always have a place in my heart. But it was removed, probably, due to the fact that PvP on ice is an absolute pain. I agree that they should keep it removed. Maybe they can re-add it with a possible next nostalgia week. I don't think they added Ice last time.

D

Deleted member 373055

Unfortunately indeed, but it was probably removed because the map was not popular enough, and this answers also your other question: it is to prevent players from waiting too long. If everyone could choose more maps, players will be waiting too long before a game starts. So, that is the reason.

Fesa

Quality Assurance
Team CubeCraft
🧪 Quality Assurance
💌 Customer Support
Oct 17, 2016
Yoitsu
Pronouns
She/Her
I suppose staff decided to take it away… as I was (maybe) played less and as said above, you can't pvp on ice… Well you can but you can't

LordSidi0us

Forum Expert
Mar 1, 2019
Coruscant
It’s a very beautiful map, but sadly I remember how hard it was to fight people on it.
I want to see nostalgia weeks coming to cube more often, but I definitely want to see this map getting added permanently, because it’s just not comfortable to play on.

Reactions: JD_United

Troublesomee

Forum Veteran
Feb 6, 2016
Let's not act like a re-add is unimaginable, things can get adjusted. It completely depends on how many players would like to see this map return to the game, but there's always the possibility to retexture the map by adding some more snow type blocks.

So yes. If enough players want it to return, why not?

Sweetenerera

Forum Professional
Jul 24, 2016
Let's not act like a re-add is unimaginable, things can get adjusted. It completely depends on how many players would like to see this map return to the game, but there's always the possibility to retexture the map by adding some more snow type blocks.

So yes. If enough players want it to return, why not?
Because the map is called Ice, ice is known to be an annoying block to fight on. If they want to changed It so it wouldn't be an annoying PvP map, they'd need to change pretty much every single block to none ice onces. Conpletely destroyed the name of the map. Which is Ice.

And yes, if the demand is high why not but rn it doesn't look like it is.

Troublesomee

Forum Veteran
Feb 6, 2016
Because the map is called Ice, ice is known to be an annoying block to fight on. If they want to changed It so it wouldn't be an annoying PvP map, they'd need to change pretty much every single block to none ice onces. Conpletely destroyed the name of the map. Which is Ice.

And yes, if the demand is high why not but rn it doesn't look like it is.
Adding variety and different blocks won't completely change the map. Adding a little more snow or snow type blocks will still give you the 'icy' idea.

And what if the name of the map changes? Would you actually bother? To me, you like a map when you like the way it has been built and the concept of it. I assume you wouldn't mind it getting a small retexture and/or rename as long as the thought and idea of the map stays the same.

Sweetenerera

Forum Professional
Jul 24, 2016
Adding variety and different blocks won't completely change the map. Adding a little more snow or snow type blocks will still give you the 'icy' idea.

And what if the name of the map changes? Would you actually bother? To me, you like a map when you like the way it has been built and the concept of it. I assume you wouldn't mind it getting a small retexture and/or rename as long as the thought and idea of the map stays the same.
It will still give you the icy idea, but not as much. If they want to re-add Ice, and they first need to change pretty much all the blocks you can walk on, they might as well remake the entire map. Especially if they change the map name.

Rawrbin

Dedicated Member
May 5, 2019
the Eastside of America
I know a lot of you said that you cannot pvp on ice blocks.. but let's be honest, most of us have ranks and can decide not to join this map, and even if you have no rank, you can still leave this map before it starts, if you don't like it.
That being said, Ice was one of my favorite maps, it needs another way of winning the game.
To you, SkyWars is all about the PVP part.
To me it's about strategy.
I loved this map, it made me good at void knocking.
This is just one other way of playing the game. Lots of people say when a new map submission is out "It needs different ways of play, so you can choose if you are rushing, trapping, to go to mid, …".
This map gives an entire other way of winning the game.
For me, I personally would love to see this map back.
In fact, I'd like 2 maps that have ice on them, so it's not all about pvp.
This way, not every good player has a higher chance to win, but less advanced players can win too.

I'd like this map to return :)

Troublesomee

Forum Veteran
Feb 6, 2016
It will still give you the icy idea, but not as much.
Of course not, but the 'icy' notion won't disappear since there are ice blocks.

I they want to re-add Ice, and they first need to change pretty much all the blocks you can walk on, they might as well remake the entire map.
True! That's exactly what I am pointing out. The map required some parkour skills, which made it even more challenging to play on. I personally don't think that aspect of the map should disappear. The ice blocks can stay and prevail, as long as there is a good balance between the substitute blocks.

Especially if they change the map name.
Take the map Time for instance. What if the name would be changed to 'Clock' or something. I don't think the map has to change depending on the name, but in this case calling it 'Icy' would be the best option. No need to change the map because of that though.

Sweetenerera

Forum Professional
Jul 24, 2016
True! That's exactly what I am pointing out. The map required some parkour skills, which made it even more challenging to play on. I personally don't think that aspect of the map should disappear. The ice blocks can stay and prevail, as long as there is a good balance between the substitute blocks.
This suggestion was about re-adding the map Ice. I'm fine with it if they remake Ice completely, make it good for PvP. My point was that if they remake Ice, they're not re-adding the original map.

Take the map Time for instance. What if the name would be changed to 'Clock' or something. I don't think the map has to change depending on the name, but in this case calling it 'Icy' would be the best option. No need to change the map because of that though.
The map looks like a clock, so I'd work. Changing 'Ice' wouldn't make sense because there's no snow. They'd need to change the map to change the name. Icy and Ice is pretty much the same. If they change the blocks you walk on, with normal blocks. Blue glass, quartz, they can still name it Ice if they keep things like the little ice castles.

Troublesomee

Forum Veteran
Feb 6, 2016
This suggestion was about re-adding the map Ice. I'm fine with it if they remake Ice completely, make it good for PvP. My point was that if they remake Ice, they're not re-adding the original map.

The map looks like a clock, so I'd work. Changing 'Ice' wouldn't make sense because there's no snow. They'd need to change the map to change the name. Icy and Ice is pretty much the same. If they change the blocks you walk on, with normal blocks. Blue glass, quartz, they can still name it Ice if they keep things like the little ice castles.
That's exactly what I'm saying, heh.

Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

to the very few 5 or less people who are concerned about fhg dont worry its not going anywhere i just dont feel like writing at all and im disappointed in myself so

dw its not that deep
Desiderata wrote on caraMel's profile.
cara mel you are my biggest hater ily
1714232286010.png
Desiderata wrote on Centuria's profile.
congrats on being able to drive a car

should've said it here instead of posting it on the fhg topic :(
will you guys still love me if chapter 4 turns out to be shorter and more underwhelming
Xi1m wrote on Casualpoalrbear's profile.
if u havent kept up with the jjk leaks then dont watch
but if you want spoilers well…
Top Bottom