Release Manager/Team Ops 🏳️‍🌈
Team CubeCraft
💙 Admin Team
Jul 23, 2015
Manchester
twitter.com
Pronouns
He/They
Hey guys, I'm creating thread today to collect your feedback on the latest SkyWars update loot. I'd first like to say that our goal with this update was to balance the chest loot to make the game more fair. Of course, the new system is not perfect and is not for everyone, but we want to get your input for the following changes we could do to satisfy more players.

Just to note:
When you reply to this thread, please follow the template of the changes with your yes or no answer (template is below). If you have any other additional comments to add, please put them under your opinions on the changes we're suggesting. If the version is stated in the change, then it's specific only to that version. If not version is stated, its for both 1.8 and 1.9.

Possible changes:
1. Bring back notch/god apples to 1.8 - Yes or no?
2. Increase the stack size for golden apples - Yes or no?
3. Decrease the amount of items with useless enchants on OP mode so there is higher chance to get equipment with actual protection enchantment (mainly speaking of enchants like fire protection, projectile protection and feather falling) - Yes or no?
4. Add Enderpearls back to starter island loot in 1.8 OP - Yes or no?
5. Increase the efficiency enchants on OP tools #MakeToolsGreatAgain - Yes or no?
6. Add more blocks to OP mode - Yes or no?
7. Add bookshelves to the middle island chests to increase possible enchantment levels - Yes or no?
8. What version do you like and play the most? - 1.8 or 1.9?
If you want to make any additional comments:
-

Meow and thanks for any replies! <3

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 169486

N/A
Yes
3. Decrease the amount of items with useless enchants on OP mode so there is higher chance to get equipment with actual protection enchantment (mainly speaking of enchants like fire protection, projectile protection and feather falling) - Yes or no?
Yes

N/A
5. Increase the efficiency enchants on OP tools #MakeToolsGreatAgain - Yes or no?
No

Yes

7. Add bookshelves to the middle island chests to increase possible enchantment levels - Yes or no?
No

- Don't really play 1.8 so I can't give my input for it
- Have more stuff in chests. I'm not sure about you but opening chests and getting 2-3 items is kinda disappointing. Even if you keep it balanced like now, having more stuff on the island shouldn't change it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Camezonda and Enebz

Djentism

Dedicated Member
Jun 26, 2016
My shed
1. I hate them, so a no for me
2. No, I prefer a lot of other foods
3. No, some might come in handy
4. No, I can only think of campers pearling away
5. Yes, it is op mode after all
6. I think there are plenty now
7. Yes, I believe there is an achievement for level 30 enchant. And this will make it easier to get.

In addition: I don't play 1.9 as much.

Last edited:
Reactions: Camezonda

MagnificentSpam

Forum Expert
Mar 16, 2016
Possible changes:
1. Bring back notch/god apples to 1.8 - I don't care, might as well remove 1.8 for all I'm concerned
2. Increase the stack size for golden apples - no
3. Decrease the amount of items with useless enchants on OP mode so there is higher chance to get equipment with actual protection enchantment (mainly speaking of enchants like fire protection, projectile protection and feather falling) - Yes
4. Add Enderpearls back to starter island loot in 1.8 OP - I don't care
5. Increase the efficiency enchants on OP tools #MakeToolsGreatAgain - no
6. Add more blocks to OP mode - no
7. Add bookshelves to the middle island chests to increase possible enchantment levels - no
- In normal mode there are too many useless items. Everyone's inventory is constantly full so it takes really long to grab a specific item after killing someone.
- There are way too many enchantment bottles, especially after the refills. I got 795 bottles in a single game, making a Power V Punch I Flame bow, a very good sword and armor just by staying on my island.
- Chest refills are too early on larger team maps. It might work on solo maps, but on maps like trees the game naturally takes longer and you shouldn't get flooded with items after a few minutes. Chest refills should also be a voting option.

ItsDavey_

Forum Expert
Nov 23, 2014
the Netherlands
1. I don’t play 1.8 so N/A
2. Yes, please.
3. Yes
4. Yes, But not in every chest.
5. Yes, I’d liked it
6. No, there are enough blocks.
7. I don’t mind about this
Can I give also other opinions? If yes, decrease amount of enderpearls at mid, After one refill Please.

GeldHaftige

Dedicated Member
May 4, 2017
Belgium
Yes, we can already craft this and 1.8 is another game then 1.9. Notch apples in OP chest would be Nice.

Yes, golden apples are rare and survival and it is a little but weird that you find a lot of golden apples in chests. I am not a fan of golden apples.

Yes, why should we add useless enchantments in chests?

Yes, enderpearls are a part of skywars.

No, most of them are useless and we can also play without these.

Yes, it is always nice to have a lot If blocks and certainly in OP, because there is a punch bow.

No, these enchantments will be too OP and if you have achieved lvl 30, you can get so strong stuff.

Exull

Jan 3, 2017
www.cubecraft.net
1. Bring back notch/god apples to 1.8 - No
2. Increase the stack size for golden apples - No, I think that it's perfect as it is. (In normal mode)
3. Decrease the amount of items with useless enchants on OP mode so there is higher chance to get equipment with actual protection enchantment (mainly speaking of enchants like fire protection, projectile protection and feather falling) - Yes
4. Add Enderpearls back to starter island loot in 1.8 OP - Yes
5. Increase the efficiency enchants on OP tools #MakeToolsGreatAgain - Yes
6. Add more blocks to OP mode - No, there is no need for that.
7. Add bookshelves to the middle island chests to increase possible enchantment levels - Yes, why not?

XiiKa

Forum Expert
Dec 23, 2016
Somewhere only we know
Yess. Would be a lot better especially when you're playing Team skywars and you end up in a 4v1. The only thing you can do now is eat golden apples. No way you could win the 4v1.
You could craft them, but since the update they limited the golden blocks to 13 or so, that's only 1 notch.
I think the amount of golden apples is fine. But in the chests all the golden apples are separated presented in the chests. Makes it more difficult to get them all in your inventory at once. So maybe just stack them, like the way before the update.
Yes, there is no need to add useless non-enchants or enchants.
YES! Don't make them too common, but they should be in regular chests.
Yes, although only the pickaxe since thats tool that players usually and mostly use. I don't even know why there is a shovel as loot..
Yes
Yes could be added, not too much because that will only decrease more OP stuff.
8. What version do you like and play the most? - 1.8 or 1.9?

Already made a thread about this renewed skywars.
- But would like to see the punch bow back..
- Change the Speed I pots to Speed II again. I feel like Speed I is kinda useless.
- Remove the animals on the islands.
- Add the hidden chests again.. Im sure it has been removed because there was a feeling for more advantages for players that actually found it. But I think that's the purpose of a hidden chest..
Besides that, not all the hidden chests are removed yet. Either remove them all, or don't remove it.
- Chest refill should be a vote option.
- Put the anvils back on the places where they belonged (e.g. TSW Candy)
There is one island at Candy with an anvil.. Either remove them, all or don't remove it

Last edited:

Ducky

Forum Professional
Dec 31, 2015
The Netherlands
I can't give my opinion on this as I don't play 1.8.

No. I actually quite like it how it's now.

Yes.

I can't give my opinion on this as I don't play 1.8.

Yes.

No. You can already find stacks and stacks of blocks.

Yes.​

NotInUse123

Sep 24, 2016
Possible changes:
1. Bring back notch/god apples to 1.8 - Yes or no? YES
2. Increase the stack size for golden apples - Yes or no? YES
3. Decrease the amount of items with useless enchants on OP mode so there is higher chance to get equipment with actual protection enchantment (mainly speaking of enchants like fire protection, projectile protection and feather falling) - Yes or no? YES
4. Add Enderpearls back to starter island loot in 1.8 OP - Yes or no? YES
5. Increase the efficiency enchants on OP tools #MakeToolsGreatAgain - Yes or no? YES
6. Add more blocks to OP mode - Yes or no? YES
7. Add bookshelves to the middle island chests to increase possible enchantment levels - Yes or no? NO
- Bring punch back!
- More arrows in the chests.
- Bring the anvil back in the map Candy.
- Since the hidden chests has been removed, I sugguest to add more chests to other places so it will be the same amount of chests.
- Put the golden apples in one stack in stead of seperately, makes it more hard to collect them all at once.

Jef15ist

Dedicated Member
Jun 7, 2016
India
This is a mixed one. I would say bring it back, but not spawned in chests. Only craftable.

Getting 2-3 gapples per stack in a chest is enough. Maybe increase on OP.

Yes, but feather falling is useful. Maybe boots can stay.

Yeah, I don't see why not. It's OP after all, everyone would get E-pearls and go directly to mid.

Yep. Faster tools means more spleefing and chasing.

Not to spawn in stacks of 10-13 but full stacks or in half.

Yep. Adding more enchanting bottles and lapis in specific chests would be a nice touch.

_The13thDoctor_

Forum Professional
Jul 23, 2016
Chicago, Illinois
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him
Hey, guys, I'm creating thread today to collect your feedback on the latest SkyWars update loot. I'd first like to say that our goal with this update was to balance the chest loot to make the game fairer. Of course, the new system is not perfect and is not for everyone, but we want to get your input for the following changes we could do to satisfy more players.

Just to note:
When you reply to this thread, please follow the template of the changes with your yes or no answer (template is below). If you have any other additional comments to add, please put them under your opinions on the changes we're suggesting. If the version is stated in the change, then it's specific only to that version. If the not version is stated, it's for both 1.8 and 1.9.

Possible changes:
1. Bring back notch/god apples to 1.8 -
Yes or no? Yes
2. Increase the stack size for golden apples - Yes or no? Yes
3. Decrease the number of items with useless enchants on OP mode so there is higher chance to get equipment with actual protection enchantment (mainly speaking of enchants like fire protection, projectile protection, and feather falling) - Yes or no? N/A
4. Add Enderpearls back to starter island loot in 1.8 OP - Yes or no? Yes
5. Increase the efficiency enchants on OP tools #MakeToolsGreatAgain - Yes or no? Yes
6. Add more blocks to OP mode - Yes or no? Yes
7. Add bookshelves to the middle island chests to increase possible enchantment levels - Yes or no? N/A
-
Remove Soft-Blocks.

Meow and thanks for any replies! <3

1. Bring back notch/god apples to 1.8 - No, notch apples are really powerful, they can really increase the duration of a fight by a lot. I prefer my fights shorter.
2. Increase the stack size for golden apples - No, I do not have any trouble finding golden apples, it's pretty common for me to have more than 5 golden apples actually. Increasing the stack size even more would make fights even longer and more boring.
3. Decrease the amount of items with useless enchants on OP mode so there is higher chance to get equipment with actual protection enchantment (mainly speaking of enchants like fire protection, projectile protection and feather falling) - Yes, I've noticed that there are multiple useless enchantments for armour and I'm kinda annoyed by the fact that I continuously need to check if I've found an armour piece with a more useful enchantment than the armour piece I'm already wearing.
4. Add Enderpearls back to starter island loot in 1.8 OP - Yes, It's easier to travel around the map and rush this way, it will hopefully decrease the amount of campers.
5. Increase the efficiency enchants on OP tools #MakeToolsGreatAgain - Yes, but only if you dont make the efficiency to high because this would make spleefing way to easy. It's not really fair to get spleefed every time by players without any other (pvp) skills.
6. Add more blocks to OP mode - No, I rarely have a shortage of blocks in OP mode, blocks are more likely to overstack my inventory actually. You can also use enderpearls to travel around the map so it's a little bit unnecessary in my opinion.
7. Add bookshelves to the middle island chests to increase possible enchantment levels - Well I'm not sure about this one, people might rush to mid as fast as possible to quickly enchant their items instead of camping on their islands but I do not want the first person to reach to have a huge advantage over all the other players. I'll still have to say no on this one.

D

Deleted member 309509

1- Yes, in overpower mod, 1* because like the mod, it's overpower and 2* because if a player it's alone against 3 opponents it's super useful.

2- Irrelevant.

3- Yes, because players don't have to check constantly the armourthey get.

4- Of course YES, it's way more easy to rush and ep save and the game runs faster ( rush ) because when a player doesn't have ep, he don't do the bridge confidently, he has to always chek if he doesn't has ep, he has to check every time.

5- Yes, it's useful.

6- Yes, it's extremely useful to have a lot of blocks, i always had 6 stacks in case i need to use to protect, block save, run, etc ...

7- Hm, i don't know, i generally never enchant when i go mid so your choice.

I'm a 1.8 player and i think the 1.8 kb needs to be reduced, a simple sword looks like kb 1 and sometimes even 2. Bring punch back, anvil on candy, huge amounts of arrows, speed 2 (scout kit), take out golden sword with kb (like i said before, the kb it's huge on 1.8), bring iron sword with sharp 2 (swordsman kit), bring full iron (iron golem kit).

Thanks for reading !

X

xLuiiJox

1. Yes
2. Uhm, yes
3. Yes
4. Yes
5. Yes
6. No, there are enough blocks.
7. Would be great.
My suggestion: Add more "Compass", I never find one in a chest. And It is so annoying when you can't find the last player xdd

Despacito 2

Forum Professional
Dec 6, 2015
Possible changes:
- NO!!!!
Not in a million years. It depends on the rarity but even then whoever find the god apples in one of their chests becomes invulnerable for a few seconds which really sucks if you're their opponent. Fights can last longer than it should to and in some cases the one with the god apples ends up being the winner.
- Neutral
It's currently fine in my opinion. It's enough depending on the game type.
- No!
I actually like this feature. You'll have to think carefully with choosing your armor before going into a fight.
- No.
I currently like how Enderpearls are only available at mid and after the first refill. So no thanks.
- Neutral
I actually don't care about this. I do want to see axes with a higher efficiency though.
- Neutral
Again I don't really care about this. You can easily wait for the next refill or simply mine some blocks.
- Neutral
Sure why not.

1.8​

Last edited:

Maaarijn

Forum Veteran
Mar 12, 2017
het land van kroketten, frikandellen
www.youtube.com
1. Bring back notch/god apples to 1.8 - PLEASE NO!!!
2. Increase the stack size for golden apples - NO!!!
3. Decrease the amount of items with useless enchants on OP mode so there is higher chance to get equipment with actual protection enchantment (mainly speaking of enchants like fire protection, projectile protection and feather falling) - yes
4. Add Enderpearls back to starter island loot in 1.8 OP - Don't care cause I don't play 1.8.
5. Increase the efficiency enchants on OP tools #MakeToolsGreatAgain - yes
6. Add more blocks to OP mode - yes
7. Add bookshelves to the middle island chests to increase possible enchantment levels - yes

PS. I love the update! Great job guys! :)

iLoveYouu

Forum Veteran
Oct 18, 2015
1. Yes
2. Be more specific. In 1.8, which I haven't played since the update, I wouldn't mind it. In 1.9 I wouldn't want there to be more golden apples.
3. Yes
4. No
5. Yes
6. I don't mind
7. I don't mind

Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

With the Java map rotations happening soon, there is a possibility of new maps coming to Bedrock shortly after!
2v2 bedwars sucked so bad it made me a skywars main again
Reesle wrote on tanjaroea677's profile.
Happy Birthday! 🎈
Top Bottom