Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Do you think it is a good idea? let me know c:

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

HeyItsGabss

Nov 12, 2016
Lima
This idea has been in my mind for some weeks and I thought it would be abolutely amazing if CCG made special Tournaments for Skywars and Eggwars (as an example). There would be limited time to sign up and maybe just 100 would be accepted. There would be a special room for the tournament and in-game, no matter which rank you have, the chests would always be normal :P. The prize for the winner might be the Obsidian rank, for the second place the Emerald rank, and for the third place the Diamond rank. This idea may or may not bring new players to the server and I bet it would be great fun.

Spinnypoo

Dedicated Member
May 12, 2016
mum
www.cubecraft.net
I like the idea of having an organised tournaments. But if you think about it, it would take a lot of work and effort to organise a tournaments, with all the different times zones and preferences with 25-100-150 people.

I like the suggestion none the less, it would work. But for now I think it's a dream...

Reactions: zDutchie

HeyItsGabss

Nov 12, 2016
Lima
The Tournaments could be like this: 1 Tournament for American players (North and South America), 1 Tournament for European players, and another for Asian players

Spinnypoo

Dedicated Member
May 12, 2016
mum
www.cubecraft.net
The Tournaments could be like this: 1 Tournament for American players (North and South America), 1 Tournament for European players, and another for Asian players
Yea, and I could say "Yea, I'm American" when I'm not..(Australian)... And if I'm being honest most of my in game friends are from America and the Netherlands etc. I just don't think that Cubecraft necessarily have the time to organize this though.

zDutchie

Forum Professional
May 30, 2016
The Netherlands
Pronouns
She/Her
One word: timezones :')

I am unsure if CubeCraft will set this up in the near future. You can always set up a tournament yourself :)

Reactions: Spinnypoo

Chimpeeze

Dedicated Member
Aug 27, 2016
The jungle
If something like this were to be given the go ahead then I doubt time zones would be much of a factor when it came to tournaments being completed.
All that it needs is a time and date of when the tournament will be played and people apply to be a part of it based on their availability.
Whether one or two players showed up wouldn't make much difference, the game would be played either way.
This is assuming it's a one off game where all players compete in the same match.
Set up a separate part to the forums, much like the reports. Players link their in game accounts to the site. They input their timezone, which cannot be changed after initial registration, without the approval of a staff member.
Tournaments are then available to view, clearly stating all details. If someone was to register for a tournament that starts at 20:00 GMT and their time zone is GMT+6 then a warning message would pop up before completing registration confirming the user is aware that this tournament will be starting at 02:00.
With regards to prizes, I think giving out ranks should be only for special tournaments, like Christmas, Halloween etc.
Prizes could instead be vanity items, special tournament hats/trails/miniatures. Even special point multipliers to activate on the server.
The current community tournaments are hit and miss whether they'll be a success, some people just can't be bothered with continuing and don't bother telling anyone or completely forget about it. It's also limited to forum users.
With official tournaments these could be advertised throughout the server leading to more interest in them, and would be a lot more organised than the current ones.
TLDR: There's no reason why time zones should create difficulties for this, a bit of organisation and Bob's your uncle.

Miytko

Jan 14, 2017
What about a, lets say, game with 80 players (Players join just like they would join a normal game)
There are 8 games and 10 players in each
When someone wins, it waits for the other winners to come
Then a game with these 8, and the player who wins the game is in the 1st Place, the last 2 players alive would be the 2nd and 3rd place winners

WolfShine

Dedicated Member
Mar 10, 2016
www.youtube.com
This idea has been in my mind for some weeks and I thought it would be abolutely amazing if CCG made special Tournaments for Skywars and Eggwars (as an example). There would be limited time to sign up and maybe just 100 would be accepted. There would be a special room for the tournament and in-game, no matter which rank you have, the chests would always be normal :p. The prize for the winner might be the Obsidian rank, for the second place the Emerald rank, and for the third place the Diamond rank. This idea may or may not bring new players to the server and I bet it would be great fun.
I like this idea, but change the rewards. Make it like gold for first, lapiz for second, and iron for third.

Chimpeeze

Dedicated Member
Aug 27, 2016
The jungle
Well, no.
A. Timezones
B. Forums people would dominate the tournament, most of which already have a rank.

If something like this were to be given the go ahead then I doubt time zones would be much of a factor when it came to tournaments being completed.
All that it needs is a time and date of when the tournament will be played and people apply to be a part of it based on their availability.
Whether one or two players showed up wouldn't make much difference, the game would be played either way.
This is assuming it's a one off game where all players compete in the same match.
Set up a separate part to the forums, much like the reports. Players link their in game accounts to the site. They input their timezone, which cannot be changed after initial registration, without the approval of a staff member.
Tournaments are then available to view, clearly stating all details. If someone was to register for a tournament that starts at 20:00 GMT and their time zone is GMT+6 then a warning message would pop up before completing registration confirming the user is aware that this tournament will be starting at 02:00.
With regards to prizes, I think giving out ranks should be only for special tournaments, like Christmas, Halloween etc.
Prizes could instead be vanity items, special tournament hats/trails/miniatures. Even special point multipliers to activate on the server.
The current community tournaments are hit and miss whether they'll be a success, some people just can't be bothered with continuing and don't bother telling anyone or completely forget about it. It's also limited to forum users.
With official tournaments these could be advertised throughout the server leading to more interest in them, and would be a lot more organised than the current ones.
TLDR: There's no reason why time zones should create difficulties for this, a bit of organisation and Bob's your uncle.

Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

GiGaGekkies wrote on tanjaroea677's profile.
Happy Birthday
Playing SkyBlock with my boyfriend almost feels like therapy. Just chilling around and finishing quests :))))
Basketman wrote on Xi1m's profile.
Thanks for the follow Pro Rocket player.
JokeKaedee wrote on tanjaroea677's profile.
Happy birthday <3
With the Java map rotations happening soon, there is a possibility of new maps coming to Bedrock shortly after!
Top Bottom