Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

JonGamer16

Jun 12, 2016
Rogueport
Basic items mode in Skywars isn't very different from the normal gamemode. The only difference is that everyone's equipment is nerfed. I think basic items mode should be like traditional Skywars was back when you couldn't rush people and you actually had to use what was on your island.

Back then, before you fought other players, you had to use what was on your island to gather equipment to fight with. You didn't have any weapons or armor to start with; instead, you were given the materials needed to craft them. You weren't given free blocks, either, so you couldn't just bridge to people in the first several seconds of the game. If you wanted to rush, you had to be significantly faster at getting equipment than your target, and it was challenging.

Getting wood, digging blocks and minerals, watching for other players bridging carelessly, crafting equipment, and making a well-planned attack were what made Skywars its own unique minigame. It wasn't all bridging, fighting, and luck- there was also the need for preparation.

Making this change would provide another way to play Skywars without drawing away any players who would prefer the current version of Skywars since it would just be a different type of Skywars game.

CyberAutumn

Dedicated Member
Feb 25, 2017
Around
Pronouns
She/They
I quite like this idea. It would give a real challenge. I'm not a fan of rushing, but most Cube Craft maps are mainly made for rushing. If this was implemented though, it'd be pretty hard to get projectiles if you have to craft everything. There aren't chickens on any maps for eggs, barely any of the maps have snow for snowballs, and you'd need string from spiders for bows (Unless you're given that). This would also mean more ores would have to be placed into the maps specifically for one game mode since there isn't a whole lot for a whole set of armor, and if they did change the maps to fit more ores for only one game mode, that'd make it kind of overpowered for the other game modes if there are more than there already is. But besides the small flaws, I like the idea! +1

SoppeJam

May 10, 2017
This would be an fantastic thing to have.
Could you add a poll to the thread?

Members Online

Team online

• Camezonda
    Release Manager/Team Ops 🏳️‍🌈

Members online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Lyriie wrote on r1ftz9462's profile.
Happy birthday!
Lyriie wrote on glo7776's profile.
Happy birthday!