Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

RPoule

Dedicated Member
Jan 13, 2016
Netherlands
Okay so I have a couple of first thoughts on skyblock, some of which I've shared, some of which I won't. There is currently a couple of things bothering me in Skyblock, but the main thing must be the way EXP and Levels are treated. Let me explain:

Considering that repairing doesn't cost any exp, and renaming items isn't a thing either, exp is good for one thing, and one thing only, which would of course be enchanting. This is why I find it logical that enchanting stuff isn't cheap, it costs 15 levels by default, and increases with 15 more for each additional enchantment you put on your item.

The second major thing exp is involved with, is with the punishment players get whenever they die, they lose both 10% of their skyblock coins, and 20% of their levels.

Notice how I put a highlight on "levels" in both those paragraphs, there is a major difference inbetween levels and exp in minecraft, because with each level gained, it takes more exp to gain another one. This means that losing 20% of your levels means something completely different than losing 20% of your exp. Here's an example:

Say you're at level 30, this means that you have gained 1395 exp.

- Losing 20% of your levels means you end up at level 24
- Losing 20% of your exp means you end up at level 27 (but very close to level 28)

3 levels is quite the difference, and it only increases once you get up real high with your levels (say you're saving up for level 75 for that Tier 5 Enchantment).

Another example, now you're at level 40, meaning you have gained 2920 exp (the amount needed grows exponentially with each level, remember?)

- Losing 20% of your levels means you end up at level 32
- Losing 20% of your exp means you end up at level 36 (close to level 37)

^ this proves that the gap only increases more and more, meaning the punishment for dying doens't only increase relatively (meaning that you lose more based on having more in the first place), but the punishment also increases exponentially (meaning that you lose EVEN more on top of what you should've lost in the first place).

Since the enchantments get really expensive really quick, I find this too hard of a punishment, you might've already guessed it, but I'm suggesting swapping the punishment from -20% taken from your levels, to -20% taken from your exp points.

Since the cost of enchantments also doesn't go up linearly, as it's suggested, but very very exponential instead, I also suggest redesigning the pricing on those.

I hope I explained this well enough, thread is getting long so I'll end it here. Tagging some people I think might be interested :)
Thx for reading! bye

PS. plz add nametags, renaming items, redstone wires and droppers lol.

@Reddog37 @driima @Gildergreen @Bruni @Smoothlyy @HackersDontWin

Last edited:

HackersDontWin

Partner
🤝 Partner 💜
In my opinion the current system is alright. I get what you mean with that every additional level contains more exp than the ones before them and that it hurts more when dying but if they hadn't made any feature at all when dying we would be losing everything which is worse. Saying it like this suddenly losing only 20% of the levels when dying isn't that bad.

Also, you know how when you start going up to the high xp level numbers it gets harder to levelup, right? I suggest smelting iron and gold ore to reach the higher levels faster as this method gives a lot more exp.

it costs 15 levels by default, and increases with 15 more for each additional enchantment you put on your item.
The enchanting items cost doesn't always increase 15 levels per item level, that's only for iron tools. For stone tools it increases by 5 and I believe for wood tools it's by 3.

Reactions: Fisktratt

RPoule

Dedicated Member
Jan 13, 2016
Netherlands
Saying it like this suddenly losing only 20% of the levels when dying isn't that bad.
It really is, because higher tiers of enchanting cost over 60 levels. That's an absolute ton of exp, the loss keeps increasing exponentially whereas eventually, losing 20% of your levels is actually wayy more than losing 50% of your exp, It's obviously not as bad as dying, but that's not what they're suggesting is it? They're suggesting a 20% loss in exp whereas it actually is so much more.

Also, you know how when you start going up to the high xp level numbers it gets harder to levelup, right? I suggest smelting iron and gold ore to reach the higher levels faster as this method gives a lot more exp.
Thanks :) But mining coal and lapis gives even more exp because they spawn quicker.

The enchanting items cost doesn't always increase 15 levels per item level, that's only for iron tools. For stone tools it increases by 5 and I believe for wood tools it's by 3.
Correct, but I think it's fair to say no one is going to waste over 100 levels of exp on a stone pickaxe, so I figured using iron tools to show my examples fit the suggestion best.

Reactions: FunnyLucky

RPoule

Dedicated Member
Jan 13, 2016
Netherlands
To add to this: They also fully neglect all the exp you've gained in your level when dying. If you die, your exp bar gets fully reset, if you're at a high level (say 80 or something), this adds up to thousands of exp lost for no reason.

Can't or don't know how to add a poll, @Keanu , mind helping me out? thx in advance ^^

Members Online

Members online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Xi1m wrote on Eli's profile.
oh noes
happy late birthday eli!!!!
Xi1m wrote on eddytheeagle88's profile.
if youre a partner on the discord server, shouldnt you also be partner on here?
Malek_kh wrote on xEefster's profile.
Happy Birthday! 🌹
Malek_kh wrote on Eli's profile.
Happy Birthday! :heart:
Tripleee wrote on Eli's profile.
Happy Birthday!
Top Bottom