Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Daniel_H212

May 8, 2016
my personal hell
I have been playing pvp duels a lot recently, and there have been many many players who skybase whenever they get a kit that has blocks to build with. I have asked a moderator on the server about this, and they replied that the skybasing rule applies to the entire server. However, people don't believe me, and they say that the official rules state that skybasing is not forbidden in pvp duels:

Section regarding pvp on the CubeCraft official rules:

PvP

• No inappropriate kit names/items: Same reasons as swearing
  • Cross teaming is allowed in FFA and Assassins
Also, there is nothing about skybasing in the Player Reporting Guidelines and Formatting page, instead it is covered under Trolling and Camping:

Trolling or Camping: Warn them to stop the specific type of behavior they’re partaking in (see all trolling types in our rules) - If they do not comply, report them with video evidence which shows clear trolling and/or camping.

It would be nice if CubeCraft would update the rules regarding skybasing.

Bob_the_Giraffe

Dedicated Member
Nov 5, 2013
Canada
I believe that it is more than enough as it is, if they don't listen then report them so they get the appropriate punishment. Hacking is listed as a general server rule as is swearing/offensive language. It doesn't mean it isn't listed under a specific game mode that it does not apply. No hacking is a server wide, as are many other types of offences and therefore no need to have every rule listed under each game mode.

Reactions: BigDaddyFlores

Daniel_H212

May 8, 2016
my personal hell
I believe that it is more than enough as it is, if they don't listen then report them so they get the appropriate punishment. Hacking is listed as a general server rule as is swearing/offensive language. It doesn't mean it isn't listed under a specific game mode that it does not apply. No hacking is a server wide, as are many other types of offences and therefore no need to have every rule listed under each game mode.

The problem is, hacking and offensive language are obvious server wide rules, because they are not really connected with the game. Skybasing is an in-game strategy, and people believe that there could be reason for it not to be an offence on certain games.

Bob_the_Giraffe

Dedicated Member
Nov 5, 2013
Canada
The problem is, hacking and offensive language are obvious server wide rules, because they are not really connected with the game. Skybasing is an in-game strategy, and people believe that there could be reason for it not to be an offence on certain games.

Well that's why you can report them, hopefully they will learn from the punishment and not repeat the offence. Many players on the server have never been on forums or don't know about them therefore you must take action in game.

Reactions: BigDaddyFlores

ElPtricko

Dedicated Member
Sep 12, 2016
Denmark
They should change that and have an option for reporting sky-basers.
It seems weird they have not added it in the pvp section that camping and skybasing is not allowed.
But yes, as @Bob_the_Giraffe has said above, just report them and everything should be fine.
And if they skybase then just wait till they jump down, because if you cant fight them, then dont allow them to fight you until they come over to you. ;)

Daniel_H212

May 8, 2016
my personal hell
Well that's why you can report them, hopefully they will learn from the punishment and not repeat the offence. Many players on the server have never been on forums or don't know about them therefore you must take action in game.

The problem is, most of the players who I warn about the offence have been to the forums and claim that it would be a false ban if they were reported, because the rules did not state that skybasing is bannable in pvp duels.

Also, reporting those players are not really worth the time, and some of them are actually pretty good players otherwise. I do not want them banned, instead I want them to play by the rules. A simply update of the official rules would be nice to let them know that what they are doing is indeed bannable.

Bob_the_Giraffe

Dedicated Member
Nov 5, 2013
Canada
The problem is, most of the players who I warn about the offence have been to the forums and claim that it would be a false ban if they were reported, because the rules did not state that skybasing is bannable in pvp duels.

Also, reporting those players are not really worth the time, and some of them are actually pretty good players otherwise. I do not want them banned, instead I want them to play by the rules. A simply update of the official rules would be nice to let them know that what they are doing is indeed bannable.

Updating rules won't stop anyone from doing it, if you don't want to report them do not waste your time trying to get them to change the rules, it's a server wide rule. Report them, it's not complicated.

Reactions: Rob_the_Giraffe

Daniel_H212

May 8, 2016
my personal hell
Updating rules won't stop anyone from doing it, if you don't want to report them do not waste your time trying to get them to change the rules, it's a server wide rule. Report them, it's not complicated.

Actually, updating the rules would stop some of them from doing it. Most people who actually skybase in pvp duels, when I warn them, use the rules as an excuse that skybasing is not bannable. They say that since it is only listed as a specific rule for some minigames but not pvp, skybasing is a legit strategy in pvp. If the rules are changed, at least half the skybasers in pvp duels would stop doing so.

Daniel_H212

May 8, 2016
my personal hell
Just report them and it's done ;3

Reporting those players are not really worth the time, and some of them are actually pretty good players otherwise. I do not want them banned, instead I want them to play by the rules. A simply update of the official rules would be nice to let them know that what they are doing is indeed bannable.

Daniel_H212

May 8, 2016
my personal hell
Choose one. You can't have both.

People won't play by the rules if there isn't any enforcement of the rule.

though, I do agree that skybasing is annoying and something needs to be done about it.

Actually, some of these players skybase only because they don't think they will be banned, since the skybase rule is only listed under the minigames egg wars, sky wars, lucky islands, and uhc, but not under pvp. Therefore, if the rules were adjusted so that skybasing is bannable in pvp duels, less people would skybase.

The reason I know that is because I always warn the players that it is a punishable offence to skybase, and they usually reply with "Check the forums, its not in the rules that it's bannable, so it will be a false ban if I'm banned for it."

Daniel_H212

May 8, 2016
my personal hell
and they will remain thinking that if there isn't any enforcement of the rule.

The problem isn't that there isn't any enforcement of the rule, it is that they do not think there is any enforcement of the rule, since it isn't actually stated in the rules. If they are reported, they will still be punished, but that doesn't prevent them from skybasing in the first place, because they didn't expect to be punished if they skybase. That is the reason why we need an update to the rules.

Reactions: CommunistCactus

CommunistCactus

Forum Professional
Mar 13, 2015
Beyond time and space
The problem isn't that there isn't any enforcement of the rule, it is that they do not think there is any enforcement of the rule, since it isn't actually stated in the rules. If they are reported, they will still be punished, but that doesn't prevent them from skybasing in the first place, because they didn't expect to be punished if they skybase. That is the reason why we need an update to the rules.
Yes, we need to update the rules, and make it clear skybasing isn't allowed.

Reactions: Daniel_H212

Daniel_H212

May 8, 2016
my personal hell
Yes that's really easy, you can always warn them first before reporting, maybe they will stop skybasing :D

The very problem I have been having is that I warn them, and they claim that skybasing is not bannable because it is not listed in the official rules, so they do not stop, even though it is actually a punishable offence.

Reactions: Fristey

matcha

Forum Veteran
Nov 15, 2016
Droptown
I have made a couple if threads about this in the past, and my opinion is... Yes! The rules need to be clarified and updated, as fighting against campers isabsolutely the worse.

Reactions: Daniel_H212

Clacks

Nov 30, 2016
Qatar
I think they should update rules, and make skybase in pvp duels a punishable offense, since they're increasing..

Fristey

Jan 20, 2017
My Head
The very problem I have been having is that I warn them, and they claim that skybasing is not bannable because it is not listed in the official rules, so they do not stop, even though it is actually a punishable offence.
They should update the rules the as Jexym already said.

Members Online

Latest profile posts

This is YOUR daily dose of facts #20-
More tornadoes occur in the United Kingdom per square mile than in any other country in the world.
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on Capitan's profile.
Congratulations on hitting over 4 000 in Reaction Score! 💙
some people need to talk to their internet provider to buy them a gym membership because theyre too FAT to take knockback
Top Bottom