Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Aimee2323

Forum Expert
Jan 3, 2014
Crazy Land
the Bible never fully contradicts itself, find one instance in the bible where it contradicts itself and give it to me. I can not take every word you say literally, same vise versa. We are not supposed to take every word literally, we are supposed to draw out the meaning, message, and commands and meditate on them (different kind of meditate). So please give me a time where the bible "goes against itself" and i will try my best to explain it.
If it's just the meaning we're meant to take out, wouldn't that mean that all the stories purely are just meanings and not things to be taken literally, meaning God never made the world in 7 days, and there never was an arc?

Okay, "an eye for an eye" "repay no evil for evil" so the bible says if somebody does something to you, do it back. If they take your eye, take theirs. An eye for an eye. Then, repay no evil for evil. Don't take that eye if they take yours. But wait, it says to, but wait it says not to, but look it says to too.

ModernRevolution

Dedicated Member
Oct 23, 2013
ςяαzу ℓαи∂
the Bible never fully contradicts itself, find one instance in the bible where it contradicts itself and give it to me. I can not take every word you say literally, same vise versa. We are not supposed to take every word literally, we are supposed to draw out the meaning, message, and commands and meditate on them (different kind of meditate). So please give me a time where the bible "goes against itself" and i will try my best to explain it.
“Judge not, that you be not judged. For with the judgment you pronounce you will be judged, and with the measure you use it will be measured to you." -Matthew 7:1-29
"You shall not lie with a male as with a woman; it is an abomination." - Leviticus 18:22

BAD-MON

Jun 6, 2014
Idk
Never said there couldn't be evidence in the future, science is evolving to get new evidence on stuff (excuse the pun) but the Bible and religion will stay the same. Best my tired mind can do? 2am, night..

Although Christianity will stay the same, it already answers all questions asked.

Aimee2323

Forum Expert
Jan 3, 2014
Crazy Land
Whenever you can think of an example, I'll try my best to answer the question according to the Bible.
Okay, questions:

What is the meaning of life?
Why was humankind created?
Why do people have sins?
What determines what happens after we die, what things make us go to hell or heaven according to the bible?
If somebody commits crimes as part of a gang, and then decides to become Christian, should he be forgiven for killing people, or should he still suffer in some shape or form like the afterlife?
Why was the world created?
Why do bad things happen in the world?
Why do people's prayers not get answered, if God promised to answer all of them in the Bible?
What causes events like tsunamis (purely using evidence from the bible)?
What is everything in the world made out of?

BAD-MON

Jun 6, 2014
Idk
Okay, questions:

What is the meaning of life?
Why was humankind created?
Why do people have sins?
What determines what happens after we die, what things make us go to hell or heaven according to the bible?
If somebody commits crimes as part of a gang, and then decides to become Christian, should he be forgiven for killing people, or should he still suffer in some shape or form like the afterlife?
Why was the world created?
Why do bad things happen in the world?
Why do people's prayers not get answered, if God promised to answer all of them in the Bible?
What causes events like tsunamis (purely using evidence from the bible)?
What is everything in the world made out of?

When reading each answer, please remember that I am answering according to the Bible.

#1-2 What is the meaning of life?/Why was humankind created?
Answer: In agreement with the Bible, The reason why we live and why we were created, is to glorify God. Literally, that's all.

#3 Why do people have sins?
Answer: We sin, or miss the mark, because of something that dwells in us, in our flesh. Jesus identifies the most significant characteristic of the "flesh," or our nature, that causes sin. It is the weakness of the flesh that gives birth to sin. Let's understand just how this works.

#4 What determines what happens after we die, what things make us go to hell or heaven according to the bible?
Answer: I'm no expert, but the only thing that can cause you to go to hell is not receiving God as your personal savior. No matter how much you sin, God will and always will forgive you. No matter how intense the problem may be. Don't get me wrong. Punishment will be given at some point. (From what I was taught)

#5 This question sort of refers back to my answer to number 4. God forgives. No matter what.

#6 Why was the world created?
Answer: In general, Scripture teaches us that God created the world and all that is in it for His own glory and because He desired to share His life with others.

#7 Why do bad things happen in the world?
Answer: The truth is, you can’t know all the reasons why God lets bad things happen. We live in a world that is marred by sin, so difficulties and disappointments are bound to cross our path. Nevertheless, if you ask God for discernment, you can begin to understand why He allowed something to occur. You can also discover how God can redeem the situation and bring benefits to your life as a result of suffering.

#8 Why do people's prayers not get answered, if God promised to answer all of them in the Bible?
Answer: Even when we feel that God is not answering our prayers, you can always know God is a God of love. The Bible tells us He loves us. God doesn't answer prayers at that exact moment. I was taught that the only answers God gives to our prayers are either"Yes", "not yet but soon", and "I have a better plan".

#9 What causes events like tsunamis (purely using evidence from the bible)?
Answer: The Bible proclaims that Jesus Christ holds all of nature together (Colossians 1:16-17). Could God prevent natural disasters? Absolutely! Does God sometimes influence the weather? Yes, as we see inDeuteronomy 11:17andJames 5:17.Numbers 16:30-34shows us that God sometimes causes natural disasters as a judgment against sin. The book of Revelation describes many events which could definitely be described as natural disasters (Revelation chapters 6, 8, and 16). Is every natural disaster a punishment from God? Absolutely not.

#10 What is everything in the world made out of?
Bear in mind that God does not usually explain all there is to know about a subject in one place in the Bible. Even the biblical writers He inspired did not always fully understand what they recorded. And He often fills in more details in other passages. So it is with Genesis 1.

Consider, for example, that Genesis:1:1 says, "In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth." It might seem as if this verse describes the beginning of everything, but God later reveals details of events and conditions that took place earlier.

The apostle John, writing under God's inspiration, takes us back to a time before events described in Genesis 1. "In the beginning," he states, "was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was in the beginning with God. All things were made through Him, and without Him nothing was made that was made" (John:1:1-3

, emphasis added throughout).

Here the Bible reveals that, before the creation of the heavens and the earth described in Genesis 1, the divine Word (the One who became Jesus, verse 14) was with God, and God made everything through Him. None of this is revealed in the Genesis account, yet these details help us understand who God was in the beginning and at the time of the earth's creation. We see that John gives us more information that helps us understand what happened.

Hopefully my answers were good enough..

emiraati

Dedicated Member
Feb 2, 2014
United Arab Emirates
When reading each answer, please remember that I am answering according to the Bible.

#1-2 What is the meaning of life?/Why was humankind created?
Answer: In agreement with the Bible, The reason why we live and why we were created, is to glorify God. Literally, that's all.

#3 Why do people have sins?
Answer: We sin, or miss the mark, because of something that dwells in us, in our flesh. Jesus identifies the most significant characteristic of the "flesh," or our nature, that causes sin. It is the weakness of the flesh that gives birth to sin. Let's understand just how this works.

#4 What determines what happens after we die, what things make us go to hell or heaven according to the bible?
Answer: I'm no expert, but the only thing that can cause you to go to hell is not receiving God as your personal savior. No matter how much you sin, God will and always will forgive you. No matter how intense the problem may be. Don't get me wrong. Punishment will be given at some point. (From what I was taught)

#5 This question sort of refers back to my answer to number 4. God forgives. No matter what.

#6 Why was the world created?
Answer: In general, Scripture teaches us that God created the world and all that is in it for His own glory and because He desired to share His life with others.

#7 Why do bad things happen in the world?
Answer: The truth is, you can’t know all the reasons why God lets bad things happen. We live in a world that is marred by sin, so difficulties and disappointments are bound to cross our path. Nevertheless, if you ask God for discernment, you can begin to understand why He allowed something to occur. You can also discover how God can redeem the situation and bring benefits to your life as a result of suffering.

#8 Why do people's prayers not get answered, if God promised to answer all of them in the Bible?
Answer: Even when we feel that God is not answering our prayers, you can always know God is a God of love. The Bible tells us He loves us. God doesn't answer prayers at that exact moment. I was taught that the only answers God gives to our prayers are either"Yes", "not yet but soon", and "I have a better plan".

#9 What causes events like tsunamis (purely using evidence from the bible)?
Answer: The Bible proclaims that Jesus Christ holds all of nature together (Colossians 1:16-17). Could God prevent natural disasters? Absolutely! Does God sometimes influence the weather? Yes, as we see inDeuteronomy 11:17andJames 5:17.Numbers 16:30-34shows us that God sometimes causes natural disasters as a judgment against sin. The book of Revelation describes many events which could definitely be described as natural disasters (Revelation chapters 6, 8, and 16). Is every natural disaster a punishment from God? Absolutely not.

#10 What is everything in the world made out of?
Bear in mind that God does not usually explain all there is to know about a subject in one place in the Bible. Even the biblical writers He inspired did not always fully understand what they recorded. And He often fills in more details in other passages. So it is with Genesis 1.

Consider, for example, that Genesis:1:1 says, "In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth." It might seem as if this verse describes the beginning of everything, but God later reveals details of events and conditions that took place earlier.

The apostle John, writing under God's inspiration, takes us back to a time before events described in Genesis 1. "In the beginning," he states, "was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was in the beginning with God. All things were made through Him, and without Him nothing was made that was made" (John:1:1-3

, emphasis added throughout).

Here the Bible reveals that, before the creation of the heavens and the earth described in Genesis 1, the divine Word (the One who became Jesus, verse 14) was with God, and God made everything through Him. None of this is revealed in the Genesis account, yet these details help us understand who God was in the beginning and at the time of the earth's creation. We see that John gives us more information that helps us understand what happened.

Hopefully my answers were good enough..
Or you can completely ignore my post and stay off topic.. That's fine too.

SGTkuzey

Forum Expert
Oct 20, 2013
Mordor
4.you deserve to be happy. um, no. if we got what we deserve, we would all be screaming in pain forever. it is not a matter of what we deserve.none of us deserve to be happy, at all! the only reason we can be is because Jesus came and died for us, taking the penalty of our sins upon him and making us perfect in God's eyes. but if we got what we really deserve, no one on this whole earth would be happy because no one is perfect. no one ever will be, no one ever has been. the first time we do something wrong we deserve to die, every time we sin we should loose life, but because our Savior took our sins on him, that is not so. If you keep that mindset, you are basically lying to yourself that you are perfect and that you deserve everything. eventually, that turns into pure selfishness, ugly to everyone else around you. The mindset we should have is that none of us are perfect, but we can be perfect in God's eyes, and that is what matters.
Get out. Now.

PlasticManPeppo

Dedicated Member
Jan 11, 2014
If it's just the meaning we're meant to take out, wouldn't that mean that all the stories purely are just meanings and not things to be taken literally, meaning God never made the world in 7 days, and there never was an arc?

Okay, "an eye for an eye" "repay no evil for evil" so the bible says if somebody does something to you, do it back. If they take your eye, take theirs. An eye for an eye. Then, repay no evil for evil. Don't take that eye if they take yours. But wait, it says to, but wait it says not to, but look it says to too.
that was the mosaic law, but when Jesus died the mosaic law is not needed, so there are new laws in order. ALRIGHT SOMEONE LOCK THIS THREAD xD

Reactions: BAD-MON

BAD-MON

Jun 6, 2014
Idk
Life is a struggle. Life will through curveballs at you, it will humble you, it will attempt to break you down. And just when you think things are starting to look up, life will smack you back down with ruthless indifference.

The reason most people never achieve their dreams is because they simply give up. Life was never meant to be easy – its a constant struggle, with extreme lows and extreme highs. Remember that the times when its most important to persevere are the times that you will be most tested.

Hopefully this revives the original conversation. XD

Simbaaa

Dedicated Member
Jul 11, 2014
USA
"When you have the choice between kindness and being right, choose kindness and you will be right, any and every time in your life, anywhere"

-simbajade

Also @theKINGlurk123 I think this is the best media thread ever posted!

BAD-MON

Jun 6, 2014
Idk
"When you have the choice between kindness and being right, choose kindness and you will be right, any and every time in your life, anywhere"

-simbajade

Also @theKINGlurk123 I think this is the best media thread ever posted!
That quote is very honest. It's not about winning or being the right one in every situation. It's mostly about helping those who need it most.

Glad you think so.

Reactions: Simbaaa
Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

GiGaGekkies wrote on Fly☆Guy's profile.
Happy Birthday!
GiGaGekkies wrote on Migratie's profile.
Happy Birthday
UncleSpect wrote on Migratie's profile.
Happy birthday!
UncleSpect wrote on Dutch_Frietjes's profile.
Jerry??
Mr Jii Gamer wrote on Fly☆Guy's profile.
Happy birthday
Top Bottom