Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

BAD-MON

Jun 6, 2014
Idk
k. so i think 1 and 2 are good and i agree with them, but 3 and 4 i do not, and i will explain why. 3.. let the haters hate. i dont think so. most of the time when haters are "hating" on you, they are trying to change your opinion, just in a bad way. dont ignore it, try to see what they are trying to say and see if they are right. if they give good evidence for what their cause, dont just ignore that! they could be right, and you could be wrong. if you acknowledged what they say, not necessarily believing it or agreeing with it, and if they still hate on you, then that is when you ignore them. (sorry i might be a little condemning xD)

I somewhat do not agree with your thought on, "Let the haters hate." Due to the fact that haters usually aren't hating on you to try and change an opinion of yours. This, in my eyes, is rarely seen. The first thing that come to mind when I hear the word "hater", is someone who simply dislikes you for who you are and what you stand for. Obviously haters can hate on other things besides people... Anyway, what I really am trying to say is that what you are saying is sort of only looking at it at one perspective. I guess we could call it the "Good haters" perspective. Although people may hate on you and it be for a good cause or to change something you do wrongly, that doesn't say that the haters who intend on hurting you for their own desire, shouldn't be ignored. And I understand that there are many people in this world of ours that do not have the ability to ignore/forget something that was said to hurt them in some way. Going back to the main point, don't give up. Keep trying to ignore the haters who greatly dislike you. Not ignoring the ones who look forward to hurting you in any way possible, can lead to greater problems in my opinion.

you deserve to be happy. um, no. if we got what we deserve, we would all be screaming in pain forever. it is not a matter of what we deserve.none of us deserve to be happy, at all! the only reason we can be is because Jesus came and died for us, taking the penalty of our sins upon him and making us perfect in God's eyes. but if we got what we really deserve, no one on this whole earth would be happy because no one is perfect. no one ever will be, no one ever has been. the first time we do something wrong we deserve to die, every time we sin we should loose life, but because our Savior took our sins on him, that is not so. If you keep that mindset, you are basically lying to yourself that you are perfect and that you deserve everything. eventually, that turns into pure selfishness, ugly to everyone else around you. The mindset we should have is that none of us are perfect, but we can be perfect in God's eyes, and that is what matters.

Religion isn't really my thing. Yes, I believe that Jesus died on the cross for my sins and that this is the main reason why we can be happy. But how do we know for sure? I might be christian, but I do have those times where I doubt my religion, and look into other theories of the whole thing. Due to the fact that there is no convincing evidence. I think that people believe in a certain religion because it gives them a reason to do/not do certain things. Good or bad. Like I said i'm not that religious, so don't expect me to go deep into the bible or anything. XD

This whole religion debate thing. Me, myself, and I do not 100% believe in anything. Evolution, Christianity, etc. I decided myself to accept Christianity due to the fact that it seemed more legit to me. evolution, on the other hand, I could not comply with. I remember at the age of 12, my brother and I had a debate on which religion or non-religion made more sense. Evolution, why I don't think that it is that firm as Christianity ( My opinion. Not saying any of you are wrong), is because I do not understand how the big-bang could create EVERYTHING and have everything run smoothly. How could a simple atom generate animals, and have them function perfectly? Without a mistake? I know most of you might then say, "How is it that a spiritual being created the world and the living things on it without mistake?." hmm... to be honest, I would not be able to answer you.
Those two question are just a particle of the massive amount of "wonder" I have in my head. :3

Reactions: NanoNet

Aimee2323

Forum Expert
Jan 3, 2014
Crazy Land
I somewhat do not agree with your thought on, "Let the haters hate." Due to the fact that haters usually aren't hating on you to try and change an opinion of yours. This, in my eyes, is rarely seen. The first thing that come to mind when I hear the word "hater", is someone who simply dislikes you for who you are and what you stand for. Obviously haters can hate on other things besides people... Anyway, what I really am trying to say is that what you are saying is sort of only looking at it at one perspective. I guess we could call it the "Good haters" perspective. Although people may hate on you and it be for a good cause or to change something you do wrongly, that doesn't say that the haters who intend on hurting you for their own desire, shouldn't be ignored. And I understand that there are many people in this world of ours that do not have the ability to ignore/forget something that was said to hurt them in some way. Going back to the main point, don't give up. Keep trying to ignore the haters who greatly dislike you. Not ignoring the ones who look forward to hurting you in any way possible, can lead to greater problems in my opinion.

Religion isn't really my thing. Yes, I believe that Jesus died on the cross for my sins and that this is the main reason why we can be happy. But how do we know for sure? I might be christian, but I do have those times where I doubt my religion, and look into other theories of the whole thing. Due to the fact that there is no convincing evidence. I think that people believe in a certain religion because it gives them a reason to do/not do certain things. Good or bad. Like I said i'm not that religious, so don't expect me to go deep into the bible or anything. XD

This whole religion debate thing. Me, myself, and I do not 100% believe in anything. Evolution, Christianity, etc. I decided myself to accept Christianity due to the fact that it seemed more legit to me. evolution, on the other hand, I could not comply with. I remember at the age of 12, my brother and I had a debate on which religion or non-religion made more sense. Evolution, why I don't think that it is that firm as Christianity ( My opinion. Not saying any of you are wrong), is because I do not understand how the big-bang could create EVERYTHING and have everything run smoothly. How could a simple atom generate animals, and have them function perfectly? Without a mistake? I know most of you might then say, "How is it that a spiritual being created the world and the living things on it without mistake?." hmm... to be honest, I would not be able to answer you.
Those two question are just a particle of the massive amount of "wonder" I have in my head. :3
Well, everything was not created perfectly, a single cell would've existed and then dublified. Then all creatures weren't created perfectly, it was natural selection that made animals better. I mean, you have an animal with one leg, then one with two, the one with two reaches the pray faster, then it has enough food, then it goes to reproduction, whilst the animal with one leg is still looking for food, then eventually goes extinct. It started as a single cell, then it divided, then mutations happened in the genes, then all varieties of animals were created, some going extinct due to natural selection, and others thriving. Then the theory of evolution, basically a load of genetic mutations happening slowly over time, the ones that were advantageous to us we kept because the ones with advantages survived more and reproduced more. We have evidence of genetic mutations, natural selection, and fossils and stuff, why not believe in it?

.. We finished our last Biology lesson watching half a video by Richard Dawkins.. If we'd watched the other half, I'd probably have a better argument..

BAD-MON

Jun 6, 2014
Idk
We finished our last Biology lesson watching half a video by Richard Dawkins.. If we'd watched the other half, I'd probably have a better argument..
Why not believe in it? Due to the fact that I feel my question still wasn't answered. XD What I don't understand or what doesn't make sense to me, even when looking deep down and trying to find the answer, taking many hours of my life (lol what life?) to try and figure something out, I don't believe in it. It's not enough to prove to me that evolution is the way to go...

Aimee2323

Forum Expert
Jan 3, 2014
Crazy Land
Why not believe in it? Due to the fact that I feel my question still wasn't answered. XD What I don't understand or what doesn't make sense to me, even when looking deep down and trying to find the answer, taking many hours of my life (lol what life?) to try and figure something out, I don't believe in it. It's not enough to prove to me that evolution is the way to go...
I'll finish my argument once we've finished doing evolution in Biology and need to revise everything.. Great revision.. Kinda ran out of arguments with science behind it.. Google time.

Aimee2323

Forum Expert
Jan 3, 2014
Crazy Land
This might sound like the dumbest question ever but;
If God created the earth in 7 days, humankind on the 6th, where did the dinosaurs come in?.. I mean, we have evidence of dinosaurs..

BAD-MON

Jun 6, 2014
Idk
If God created the earth in 7 days, humankind on the 6th, where did the dinosaurs come in?.. I mean, we have evidence of dinosaurs..
Well in the Bible it says, "And God made the beast of the earth after his kind, and cattle after their kind, and every thing that creepeth upon the earth after his kind: and God saw that it was good." According to that verse, mammals, humans and other land animals were all created on the sixth day.

Reactions: PlasticManPeppo

NanoNet

Dedicated Member
May 23, 2014
IKEA
7 days in heaven isn't the same amount of time as 7 days on earth :P ( The bible says this somewhere, im just to lazy to find it xD

Breezeblocks

Dedicated Member
Jun 13, 2014
One of my favourite ever quotes is from my favourite movie, Meet the Robinsons.

The words "Keep Moving Forward" was repeatedly said throughout the film. I was a young child when I first watched this animated movie for the first time, and didn't really care, but recently I have been going through a rough patch, so I've been binging on shows and films. I decided to rewatch Meet the Robinsons. And it was this time, when the words "Keep Moving Forward" hit me hard. Thinking about these words helped me get through; helped me move forward, and leave all the bad stuff behind.

Reactions: BAD-MON

SevereWarning

Forum Expert
Nov 14, 2013
Somewhere
"The trouble of thinking is equal to the trouble of breathing."

-Severe

This explains that if you are having trouble breathing, you will have trouble thinking straight, and thinking of breathing-only. As to if you aren't having trouble breathing, that means it's easier to think about a variety of subjects. That is unless you have Ebola... then idk what to say mate.

Reactions: BAD-MON

PlasticManPeppo

Dedicated Member
Jan 11, 2014
It was never the right we were arguing over, the deserving of being happy.

Okay, with the why whould I believe in science thing, you can actually have proof of it happening. There were people who did experiments and figured things out. You can try it for yourself, if you get an apple, hold it high up, then let go, it will drop to the floor. Science explains the how it all works, it's believed because it is seen and tested to be correct. With religion, it's just belief, there is no, or barely any, evidence of it happening. I mean, where is the evidence of Adam and Eve? We have evidence of evolution, in fossils and such.
Okay, I'm not exactly saying that, I'm not calling it an excuse to feel better. I believe that some people do believe in God because it gives them hope, and that people believe in Heaven and Hell because they can't bear not to, that it gives them hope that they'll go somewhere nice and be with other loved ones, and that they can't bear not believing in religion because that would make them go to Hell, I'm not saying everybody who believes in religion is like that, but a lot of people do believe in God in the fear of going to Hell if they don't. Buy my opinion on religion is it's just something there to give hope, to tell people where to go with their life. My personal view on the bible is, it's stories, which just have a meaning to them, not to be taken as literal happenings.
Okay, the Big Bang has evidence and theories behind it. In my opinion, religion was created to explain the things that they couldn't explain. Like how God created the world, because they didn't understand or have the theories when it was written, in my opinion, God is just a part of people who believe, but it isn't really there, but they believe it is, so it is for them, which works for them, which is existent to them, God is in those who believe he is, even though God is just a part of them, not a real person or thing. In my opinion, religion was made to explain things they couldn't, like with the bad things, they would blame witches, which led to many deaths. So you can't say religion is perfect, and neither is science.
no, religion is perfect, but it is the sinners that sometimes take it too far, example being the Salem witch trials. And the big bang is just a theory, it has no evidence whatsoever. the only evidence they have for it is assumed on a large scale. We are the evidence of Adam and Eve. We have to come from somebody, and its not from monkeys. Evolution's evidence is not clear. They take fossils from a long time ago, and then they take fossils from now and they say they look like each other, but not one place in the world has the whole geological column mapped out, not one place actually has real fossils from different time periods that look similar. There are no missing links. And the ones that they have found are not real, and i will tell you why- so you see a red candy bar. then you see a yellow candy bar... their color has nothing large in common until you find an orange candy bar... then you assume that the red candy bar is very old, and that the yellow one is new, and that the yellow candy bar used to be a red candy bar because you found a candy bar with a color in between them. This is also so with evolution, they find a monkey, they find a man, then they find something in between and they assume that the monkey slowly over millions of years turned into a man. Uniformitarianism is full of assumptions. And why, do you think, most ancient cultures have a myth about a great flood? somebody gave all of them the idea at the same time? There was a flood! simple! i would like some evidence from someone why most ancient cultures have a flood story is not a good reason that there was a flood. xD this is intense...

PlasticManPeppo

Dedicated Member
Jan 11, 2014

ill answer your question. because he is a spiritual being.

PlasticManPeppo

Dedicated Member
Jan 11, 2014
7 days in heaven isn't the same amount of time as 7 days on earth :p ( The bible says this somewhere, im just to lazy to find it xD
never says that, its in psalms and it says 1 day on earth is like a thousand days to the Lord, or something like that. and i am a believer that the earth was created in 7 days, because the Hebrew word for "day" there is the literal word, not the one meaning "age". And God is all powerful, so he very well could of created it all in 7 days.
5th and 6th days, when he created the rest of the animals.

PlasticManPeppo

Dedicated Member
Jan 11, 2014
Well, everything was not created perfectly, a single cell would've existed and then dublified. Then all creatures weren't created perfectly, it was natural selection that made animals better. I mean, you have an animal with one leg, then one with two, the one with two reaches the pray faster, then it has enough food, then it goes to reproduction, whilst the animal with one leg is still looking for food, then eventually goes extinct. It started as a single cell, then it divided, then mutations happened in the genes, then all varieties of animals were created, some going extinct due to natural selection, and others thriving. Then the theory of evolution, basically a load of genetic mutations happening slowly over time, the ones that were advantageous to us we kept because the ones with advantages survived more and reproduced more. We have evidence of genetic mutations, natural selection, and fossils and stuff, why not believe in it?

.. We finished our last Biology lesson watching half a video by Richard Dawkins.. If we'd watched the other half, I'd probably have a better argument..
then why don't we see ANY evolution today?

NanoNet

Dedicated Member
May 23, 2014
IKEA
never says that, its in psalms and it says 1 day on earth is like a thousand days to the Lord, or something like that. and i am a believer that the earth was created in 7 days, because the Hebrew word for "day" there is the literal word, not the one meaning "age". And God is all powerful, so he very well could of created it all in 7 days.

That's exactly what im trying to say.....lol "7 days on earth isn't the same amount of time in heaven" and you just explained it xD

NanoNet

Dedicated Member
May 23, 2014
IKEA

And not to be rude, but if you actually read the bible, you would know this is one of the very important parts of the bible

Members Online

Members online

Latest profile posts

TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on Xi1m's profile.
Heya my friend how are you doing today?:D
𝑷𝑹𝑶 𝑾𝑰𝑵𝑵𝑨𝑨𝑹 wrote on L1kii's profile.
👀
qKhalidd wrote on ignsinf's profile.
Hi
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on ii6xxq's profile.
welcome to the forums! I hope you will have a nice stay here:D
This is YOUR daily dose of facts #41-
The moon has moonquakes, which are kind of like the earthquakes on the Earth, but weaker.
Top Bottom