Hoshi

Speedy Wing Rush Gonzales
Aug 4, 2017
meow meow
youtube.com
Pronouns
She/Her
Heya Forumers! Finally here with another actual suggestion. 👋

As it currently stands, when a supply drop lands in Survival Games, it will contain one weapon, one armour piece and one miscellaneous item. The current loot tables are as follows:

(Weapon) Iron Sword
(Weapon) Iron Axe

(Armour) Iron Helmet
(Armour) Iron Chestplate
(Armour) Iron Leggings
(Armour) Iron Boots

(Misc) Suspicious Stew (+Saturation)
(Misc) Golden Apple
(Weapon) Diamond Sword
(Weapon) Diamond Axe

(Armour) Diamond Helmet
(Armour) Diamond Chestplate
(Armour) Diamond Leggings
(Armour) Diamond Boots

(Misc) Golden Apple
(Weapon) Netherite Sword
(Weapon) Netherite Axe

(Armour) Netherite Helmet
(Armour) Netherite Chestplate
(Armour) Netherite Leggings
(Armour) Netherite Boots

(Misc) Golden Apple

Now, I personally believe the supply drops currently drop too frequently for the amount of different items that exist in the loot table. My suggestion is to add some more items to the pool to make the loot less predictable. Additionally, I propose to increase the amount of items a supply drop can hold from 3 to 5: 1 weapon + 1 armour piece + 3 miscellaneous items.

The new loot tables should be able to contain the following:

(Weapon) Stone Sword (+Sharpness I)
(Weapon) Stone Axe (+Sharpness I)
(Weapon) Iron Sword
(Weapon) Iron Axe

(Armour) Chain Helmet (+Protection I)
(Armour) Chain Chestplate (+Protection I)
(Armour) Chain Leggings (+Protection I)
(Armour) Chain Boots (+Protection I)
(Armour) Iron Helmet
(Armour) Iron Chestplate
(Armour) Iron Leggings
(Armour) Iron Boots

(Misc) Golden Carrot (1-3)
(Misc) Golden Apple
(Misc) Arrow (1-3)
(Misc) Lapis Lazuli (2-5)
(Weapon) Iron Sword (+Sharpness I-II)
(Weapon) Iron Axe (+Sharpness I-II)
(Weapon) Diamond Sword
(Weapon) Diamond Axe

(Armour) Iron Helmet (+Protection II)
(Armour) Iron Chestplate (+Protection II)
(Armour) Iron Leggings (+Protection II)
(Armour) Iron Boots (+Protection II)
(Armour) Diamond Helmet
(Armour) Diamond Chestplate
(Armour) Diamond Leggings
(Armour) Diamond Boots

(Misc) Golden Carrot (2-4)
(Misc) Golden Apple (1-2)
(Misc) Arrow (4-7)
(Misc) Arrow of Slowness 11s (1)
(Misc) Arrow of Weakness 11s (1)
(Misc) Lapis Lazuli (3-7)
(Misc) Enchanted Book
Possible enchants (max. 1 / book):
➥ Sharpness I
➥ Power I
➥ Piercing I
➥ Quick Charge I
➥ Protection I
(Weapon) Diamond Sword (+Sharpness I-III)
(Weapon) Diamond Axe (+Sharpness I-III)
(Weapon) Netherite Sword
(Weapon) Netherite Axe
(Weapon) Trident

(Armour) Diamond Helmet (+Protection II)
(Armour) Diamond Chestplate (+Protection II)
(Armour) Diamond Leggings (+Protection II)
(Armour) Diamond Boots (+Protection II)
(Armour) Netherite Helmet
(Armour) Netherite Chestplate
(Armour) Netherite Leggings
(Armour) Netherite Boots

(Misc) Golden Carrot (5-8)
(Misc) Golden Apple
(Misc) Arrow (8-12)
(Misc) Arrow of Slowness 11s (2)
(Misc) Arrow of Weakness 11s (2)
(Misc) Arrow of Poison 5s (2)
(Misc) Lapis Lazuli (5-12)
(Misc) Enchanted Book
Possible enchants (max. 2 / book):
➥ Sharpness I-II
➥ Loyalty I-II
➥ Power I-II
➥ Flame I
➥ Piercing I-II
➥ Quick Charge I-II
➥ Protection I-II
➥ Feather Falling II-III

That's everything for now, thanks for your time! 💙

Last edited:

AnolTongi

Team CubeCraft
🔨 Moderator
Mar 18, 2020
Turkey
I absolutely agree, I honestly think the loot drops aren't as rewarding as a "loot drop" should be, and this little tweak should make things much more fun since it brings more luck and variety to the table.

caraMel

caraMod
Team CubeCraft
🔨 Moderator
Aug 7, 2022
England
Pronouns
She/Her
Omgomg an SG related post?!?! Yippeee!! ✨

I half agree with this suggestion, so I'll explain what I personally like and dislike below:

After the recent update, chests became a lot more varied with so many more items than previously. This is amazing and really adds to the appeal of the game, however it does come with other side-effects (like your inventory becoming full more easily and becoming harder to manage effectively). Supply drops have a nice simplicity to them. You are guaranteed to get something good and if there are others nearby you don't have to hunt through the chest to find it. I personally like this as it makes them stand out from other chests, however I do agree that they need a little bit more variation. 5 items, as you suggested, sounds reasonable still.
My suggestion would be to keep 1 weapon, 1 armour piece, 1 food item, and add 2 extra misc items.

For the weapons and armour pieces, although I wouldn't particularly mind the other variations you mentioned being added, I have a couple reasons they would be worse than their counterparts (and therefore make loot drops slightly less valuable). If the item is already enchanted, then you can't go to mid and enchant it / combine it with a book as easily, it doesn't look as scary to other players, might be confusing for newer players, and I believe protection depends on other armour pieces so the protection armour may be likely worse than the armour which is one tier higher.

For the food, I agree that just the 2 options seems quite limited, however golden carrots really aren't comparable to the other 2 so don't belong on that list imo. I've think I've discussed this with @Nightmare before, but it is even quite possible to argue that in SG golden carrots are in fact a pretty bad food source. A suggestion of a food item that could be added instead would be another variation of suspicious stew (I have in mind the one which grants 6 seconds of regeneration).

Your ideas for the misc items are very cool though, and I don't have too much to suggest for those. (I think I already mentioned that I liked the idea of more enchanted books on your post on discord, so I'm happy to see that here! 😄)

(I'm a little busy today, but wanted to reply, so sorry for the horrible formatting of this reply haha 🥺)

Desiderata

Forum Expert
Oct 31, 2023
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/She/They
AM I HEARING THIS CORRECTLY??? AN SG-RELATED POST FROM HOSHI SPEEDY "WING RUSH" GONZALES AKARI HERSELF??? 🤯🤯🤯

That aside, I also believe crate drops need a bit of reworking in terms of the loot tables and the frequency

@caraMel (big SG pro) pretty much talked about what I have in mind about the loot tables already, basically more types/variations of items and probably more stuff inside them so it would be more worth getting for

I also think lessening the frequency of the drops balances this out and makes the drops more valuable than they currently are so yeah I'm all in for that

I hardly see anyone go for supply drops end game especially when some of the end game gear/loot people have are on-par, if not, better than what we have in the supply drops

it would be nice if the content of each supply drop is increased and made more valuable than more common loot so people would actually have a good reason to scramble for supply drops (like in battle royale games and Hive SG) which brings more action and intensity to the gameplay

good work as always @Hoshi 🙏

Reactions: Hoshi

caraMel

caraMod
Team CubeCraft
🔨 Moderator
Aug 7, 2022
England
Pronouns
She/Her
This is a great suggestion, however on OP mode (which I mostly play) I think a good addition to the miscellaneous loot table would be netherite ingots, and upgrade templates.
I agree with this, that would be a cool item to add for op mode. I think more than 1 of each would become too 'overpowered' though.

Xi1m

Dedicated Member
Oct 25, 2023
Earth
We need more stuff in the supply crates, When i play OP and find one netherite helmet and a netherite axe in a supply crate i just dont think im being rewarded enough for the hard work i put in killing mobile noobs ;c

(Also.. Suspicious stew in supply crates?? Who thought of that idea?!)

• Wow
Reactions: Hoshi

Desiderata

Forum Expert
Oct 31, 2023
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/She/They
Also.. Suspicious stew in supply crates?? Who thought of that idea?!
they already existed since the implementation of the crates iirc
I think a good addition to the miscellaneous loot table would be netherite ingots, and upgrade templates.
I agree with this, that would be a cool item to add for op mode. I think more than 1 of each would become too 'overpowered' though.
agree 100%, templates are quite rare to come across

Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

Conea64 wrote on WorriedSkate940's profile.
I know I'm early but congratulations on being a colourful little fella
Xi1m wrote on camulos's profile.
happy broathdy
Basketman wrote on ImSatisfied's profile.
Happy Birthday!
Basketman wrote on camulos's profile.
Happy Birthday!
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on camulos's profile.
Happy Birthday!:D I hope you have an awesome day today!
Top Bottom