Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Dz757

Jul 25, 2023
After playing a few dozen matches of the new lucky block update it's become apparent that weapon drop rates are abysmal and need to be fixed as well as some other drop rate issues. I've played around 50 games or so and in over half of those games i've full looted my island as well as the mid island and came out with not a single melee weapon. I've also noticed an insane amount of food and block related drops which seems silly given that we get free food and blocks at the start of the match. I cannot go a game without getting the berry bush and ice boat drops while also having half a stack of steak. I get that food was sometimes an issue in the old version but you already introduced multiple methods of getting around that like the previously mentioned food lucky block and even the infi-potato. the block based lucky block also feels completely unnecessary as there was always some form of easily breakable block on every map not to mention that now 90% of maps have insane amounts of moss blocks on them. The other two drop rate issues are the crazy amounts of player locators that drop (these should honestly be included in every base kit) and the extreme lack of wands, I've gotten a total of 8 wands in my 50 games which given the nature of lucky blocks, should be much more common.
The second half of my post is in response to the 2 new maps that were recently added both containing the same issue, having blocks that prevent you from jumping on the edge of islands is more annoying than anything else and honestly aren't necessary.

Roxrock

Mar 6, 2023
Andromeda
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him
As a leaderboard player, I completely agree with your listed issues. Weapons do feel rarer now, and certain “useless drops“ are way too common. I actually came here to post a thread about this, but it would basically be a carbon copy of this thread. The new starting food and block lucky blocks have obsoleted the chef and builder kits. (Infini-Tato is hilariously useless) There is an overabundance of food, and also purely ornamental drops like spyglasses, pigs with saddles and carrots on a stick, goat horns, blaze rods, grass, etc. Lucky block needs some serious rebalancing. I also hate how the new lucky block type (the one that teleports) drops nothing 90% of the time. I reported this, thinking it was a bug, but no, it’s a feature. (Not the first time I’ve mistakenly features for bugs in lucky islands lol)
I also agree with the second point, but less. You can place blocks on top of the honey/magma blocks, which is better than having to bridge I guess. At least these maps aren’t complete garbage, like the holiday map tiger.

Reactions: overlandtiger13

Dz757

Jul 25, 2023
As a leaderboard player, I completely agree with your listed issues. Weapons do feel rarer now, and certain “useless drops“ are way too common. I actually came here to post a thread about this, but it would basically be a carbon copy of this thread. The new starting food and block lucky blocks have obsoleted the chef and builder kits. (Infini-Tato is hilariously useless) There is an overabundance of food, and also purely ornamental drops like spyglasses, pigs with saddles and carrots on a stick, goat horns, blaze rods, grass, etc. Lucky block needs some serious rebalancing. I also hate how the new lucky block type (the one that teleports) drops nothing 90% of the time. I reported this, thinking it was a bug, but no, it’s a feature. (Not the first time I’ve mistakenly features for bugs in lucky islands lol)
I also agree with the second point, but less. You can place blocks on top of the honey/magma blocks, which is better than having to bridge I guess. At least these maps aren’t complete garbage, like the holiday map tiger.
Yeah, the map thing is more of a minor QOL suggestion. The only time its an issue is when you get trapped on one of those islands with someone who knows how to play the game and taking that extra half a second to place a block can cost you the game

O1t24277

Feb 3, 2022
India
Pronouns
He/Him
After playing a few dozen matches of the new lucky block update it's become apparent that weapon drop rates are abysmal and need to be fixed as well as some other drop rate issues. I've played around 50 games or so and in over half of those games i've full looted my island as well as the mid island and came out with not a single melee weapon. I've also noticed an insane amount of food and block related drops which seems silly given that we get free food and blocks at the start of the match. I cannot go a game without getting the berry bush and ice boat drops while also having half a stack of steak. I get that food was sometimes an issue in the old version but you already introduced multiple methods of getting around that like the previously mentioned food lucky block and even the infi-potato. the block based lucky block also feels completely unnecessary as there was always some form of easily breakable block on every map not to mention that now 90% of maps have insane amounts of moss blocks on them. The other two drop rate issues are the crazy amounts of player locators that drop (these should honestly be included in every base kit) and the extreme lack of wands, I've gotten a total of 8 wands in my 50 games which given the nature of lucky blocks, should be much more common.
The second half of my post is in response to the 2 new maps that were recently added both containing the same issue, having blocks that prevent you from jumping on the edge of islands is more annoying than anything else and honestly aren't necessary.
I think they have to balance lucky the drops you get from lucky blocks too.
In my opinion
The yellow lucky blocks should drop : blocks, food, trackers and some other misc stuff.
The diamond lucky blocks should drop : weapons, tools, wands, armours and other misc stuff regarding this types.
The teleport lucky block should drop : AN ITEM (I never saw it drop anything).
The overpowered lucky block should drop : more stuff, being able to fly again if there is time left and we touch the ground.

Thjis

Mood
Team CubeCraft
🔨 Moderator
Jan 26, 2021
Heee, Yess i think they will change the rates in a bit (they said this while play testing). the "diamond" lucky blocks need some better stuff like swords/gear. less spyglasses and deff less goat horn haha

Dec 27, 2021
Also, I forgot to mention that I’m pretty sure they remove shield wands =(
Dude, wtf? That was my most favorite item in the whole game! When someone's chasing me I pretend to suicide into the void and activate the wand. And then I make an awesome comeback super often. Man, I hate this new update.

Reactions: overlandtiger13
Aug 4, 2023
They need to change the rates back to what they were and add the shield and slime wands back. If we wanted to play skywars we would play skywars.

Roxrock

Mar 6, 2023
Andromeda
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him
They need to change the rates back to what they were and add the shield and slime wands back. If we wanted to play skywars we would play skywars.
I did get a slime wand once on day 1 after the 1.19 update, so I think it is extremely rare, now unique to a specific mode, or it may have been removed because of a major bug. I think the most likely reason these wands are missing is because this update was released before these wands were ready to be brought to 1.19. I’m not sure if these wands exist in java or not though. Either way, I hope the return soon.

adrian525pl

Novice Member
Feb 23, 2023
I honestly think they should replace the blocks block and food block with a weapon block and a armor block that give you at least some minimum armor and a weapon for self defense.

I think I get what they were trying to go for with the blocks block and the food block, they wanted to balance for the fact that those things didn't drop from every lucky block. So that players with worse luck don't have it too hard. But if that's what they are going for, then they should do that for armor and weapons too.

The amount of times, both on the previous version, and especially on this version, where I've had to fight players without any armor and my only weapon being the wooden sword I spawned with is insane.

I get that this is a lucky blocks mode, so its supposed mostly luck based, but its clear that they are trying to "protect" players whose luck may not be that good from being destroyed too badly by adding the blocks block and the food block.

Plus, I feel that even in a completely luck based gamemode, all players should always spawn in with at least some kind of minimal equipment for self defense purposes. I don't want everyone to spawn in wearing full iron with a diamond sword, but everyone spawning in with full leather and a wooden (or stone) sword isn't a bad idea.

There'd still be an incentive to go after the lucky blocks, so that you can upgrade and get better stuff than your opponents and that while players wouldn't be left completely defenseless due to terrible luck

Roxrock

Mar 6, 2023
Andromeda
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him
I honestly think they should replace the blocks block and food block with a weapon block and a armor block that give you at least some minimum armor and a weapon for self defense.

I think I get what they were trying to go for with the blocks block and the food block, they wanted to balance for the fact that those things didn't drop from every lucky block. So that players with worse luck don't have it too hard. But if that's what they are going for, then they should do that for armor and weapons too.

The amount of times, both on the previous version, and especially on this version, where I've had to fight players without any armor and my only weapon being the wooden sword I spawned with is insane.

I get that this is a lucky blocks mode, so its supposed mostly luck based, but its clear that they are trying to "protect" players whose luck may not be that good from being destroyed too badly by adding the blocks block and the food block.

Plus, I feel that even in a completely luck based gamemode, all players should always spawn in with at least some kind of minimal equipment for self defense purposes. I don't want everyone to spawn in wearing full iron with a diamond sword, but everyone spawning in with full leather and a wooden (or stone) sword isn't a bad idea.

There'd still be an incentive to go after the lucky blocks, so that you can upgrade and get better stuff than your opponents and that while players wouldn't be left completely defenseless due to terrible luck
In my opinion, kits need to be buffed so players start with a resource of their choice. I really like the kit suggestions made Here. If lucky blocks get added which drop exclusively weapons and armor, they will be rushed and prioritized by players over regular lucky blocks, which would take away the fun and creative lucky block drops. I still don’t fully agree with food and block lucky blocks, mainly because these I almost always have these resources anyway.

Dz757

Jul 25, 2023

This will prolly end up being an update to my post but honestly I think they just need to balance kits in general especially with the added start blocks and food. Both of the these things make 2/4 of the kit almost irrelevant and the healer kit still remains far and away the best kit. However I have noticed that they did change the drop rates and weapons are definitely more common now but theres still some issues:
* Still an overabundance of completely useless items (Goat horns, spyglass, grass, blaze rods) that should honestly just be removed.
* Way way way too many berry traps that definitely need to be less frequent
* More wand variety, definitely should add the slime wands and shield wands back
* Revert the fire sword changes because now its absolutely useless (make it a sharp 1 stone sword or smth)

Reactions: adrian525pl
Members Online

Members online

Latest profile posts

Xi1m wrote on JellyFish01's profile.
hbd
Kazwa wrote on camulos's profile.
happy birthday!
Windwardglue105 wrote on savina875's profile.
Thanks for the follow
Matriox wrote on Basketman's profile.
basketman

this you?

1714261124344.png
Capitan wrote on Otherworld's profile.
♥️
Top Bottom