Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cyqni

Forum Expert
Jul 24, 2015
a place where everything you touch turns to gold.
You can't prioritize people with just the one quality. They need to make their application in English. If it's not that great of an application, they don't get the role.
No exceptions.
Obviously the applicants need to have certain qualities, but within all the people with these qualities, people with the extra of being a spanish speaker could have some priority...

Jeff_Bllkth

Forum Expert
Jul 7, 2016
Spain
bit.ly
Well. I applied for helper days ago, I speak fluently spanish and the reason I did it was exactly because of that (swearing in spanish and hackers) :p

Sevenade78

Dedicated Member
May 24, 2014
Germany
The problem to this is, that it is not as easy to find someone capable of speaking both English and Spanish fluently, as you think it is. I think, five spanish staff members would be enough, unfortunately there will be more to do for them, since they'll be notified by non-spanish speaking staff members a lot more.

In my opinion, this forum post will not be as effective as it seems after all, since we would need to find those that are capable of speaking Spanish and English, and also spend enough time on CubeCraftGames, and are old enough / mature enough to be given such responsibility.

Of course we must consider, that not every application that has "I can speak both English and Spanish fluently" in it, will be a good and acceptable application, which is another indicator for the slow progress of finding Spanish speaking Staff.

Reactions: Marieke2001

Sharz

Dedicated Member
Aug 15, 2015
Barcelona
www.youtube.com
Hello, I agree with you that Cubecraft need more staff members that can speak spanish fluently as you have said at least 1/3 of the CCGN players are spanish speakers. But I believe that the cause is as @Marieke2001 well said: Can't seem to find a good Spanish player candidate for helper.

Why? I think this is because most of the Spanish can't talk in English (I know this because I'm living in Spain).

Why there are more Dutch staff members? I have been searching statistics and around 70% of the Dutch people speaks English.

There you have the answer. For this reason there are few staff members that can talk Spanish. There are few Spanish people who meet the requirements. But, I think that a Spanish player who speaks English and wants to be helper has more chances to get it if he strives, is mature, cares about the community, devotes hours, has a good amount of player reports... because he has much fewer people to compete with.

Regards! :)

Reactions: Marieke2001

Mac

Forum Expert
Nov 24, 2015
The Spanish speaking player base is actually quite a bit smaller than you claim.

But regardless of that, as much as I would love to snap my fingers and just BOOM have 10 great new Spanish speaking staff, thats not quite how it works. If a good candidate for staff who happens to speak Spanish applies, they will likely be accepted!

Nov 12, 2016
Controlling the languages of staff is very hard, as many people aren't bilingual. This can make inter-staff relations hard. Using google translate I feel is a reasonable application to use not for talking, but just for understanding the simple chat messages.

TheFastBowler

Forum Expert
Jul 26, 2016
India
hatrex.net
As far as I know @Diogu , @CyanYellow and I'm not sure but @Tacosbefriends as well... (Correct me if I'm wrong) can speak spanish not fluenty but atleast something... (CyanYellow does speak Spanish fluently)
So I don't really think we need more Spanish staff members... But that's my opinion...
Exactly^^.....and I'm also sure there are a number of Spanish applicants as well.

zSem_

Dec 19, 2015
rip my headset input :(
I dont get the problem I'm Dutch but on forum I almost sprak english Levert Time, so why cant spanish People do This? I know what you mee too but yea.....mabey spanish People who are apealing are less good? Idk....

Cyqni

Forum Expert
Jul 24, 2015
a place where everything you touch turns to gold.
I gotta love how many people say there are enough spanish staff members just based on the amount of spanish speaking staff, without having any experience with the spanish staff (because they are not spanish or any other reason). However, from the 6-7 spanish persons I have reported, only 2-3 have been muted, one with the newest report system, and one with the old system, but I had to wait over a month before the report was checked... There might be a couple of spanish staff members, but I think they can't handle it... (Os quiero pero es así, o, al menos, así lo siento)

Sevenade78

Dedicated Member
May 24, 2014
Germany
I'm not the Owner of this thread, but I'd suggest this thread to be locked. This is turning out to be a discussion without a point, as an Admin has already given their opinion. Furthermore, this thread does not really serve a purpose anymore (same reason, it has been noticed by staff, and that's all this thread would have had to do.)

I'll refrain from tagging anyone for now, but I'd like anyone wanting to comment any further to consider whether or not their entry is actually useful, and tag a staff member if you're the same opinion.

Reactions: skifby
Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

parent calling you halfway through pvp is the worst debuff you could ever get
Take back what I said earlier, the Infected Wolf spider from grounded is terrifying
This is fr me during bedwars
RDT_20240427_1241257018540164098121553.png
I'm here!
(i'm everywhere)
Top Bottom