Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Jaistrix

Forum Expert
Oct 20, 2015
England
twitter.com
Now before I start with the actual suggestion I want to say that I know this idea seems very drastic and very (very very very) far fetched for more than a few reasons but I've had it for a while now and I thought it would be best to put it out and see what everyone thinks about it rather than keep it to myself.

Also I would suggest reading through the whole thread carefully before responding.

What is my idea?
My idea is to start up an area on the server for competitions that are based on the different games we have
Now to clarify, these games would be:

UHC, Survival Games, Skywars, Eggwars and Lucky Islands.
(and their team based counterparts)

These are the ones I'm mentioning because I think they would be the easiest to organize, other games I thought of the possibly being able to do this with were Blockwars and Minerware.

------------------------------------

How would this work?
These games wouldn't be a regular game you can join every day, it would be opened up every few weeks (maybe a monthly event if needs be) and there will be one game open for each gamemode.
These games wouldn't be based in the same format as what is already on the server either, the max player count that could join would be much higher than the normal (say somewhere between 100 and 250 as an example. Maybe even more players could join depending on the gamemode) and it would be on the basis of whoever joins first gets to play.

For team versions, team members will always spawn next to each other. This doesn't really apply to Skywars and Eggwars because obviously the teams already spawn together on the same island, but for games like Survival games at the moment where the podium spawning is kind of random this applies.

The maps couldn't be the regular maps either, they would have to be big enough to cater for the bigger player count and compasses would be given to every player in the game pointing to the nearest enemy to them. This way people can't hide in the map somewhere and make the games last forever.

Also these games will be spectated by 2 or 3 staff members. This means the games will be clean from hackers and glitch abusers and the chat will also be kept clean.
Players will also be able to join the game after it has started to spectate and watch but they wont be able to message the in game players.

For lag issues I don't think it will be a problem because the only thing making up this competition area would be a main lobby, a waiting lobby and then the X amount of games available for competing in which would be about 5 or 6. There won't be any other games booting up or running in the background.

How will players know about these?
I think the best way for people to find out about these games is to put a permanent enchanted icon in the top middle row of the game menu with the date of the next event and a countdown timer for a more precise idea of how long they have to wait till the
next event.

What will players be playing for?
Now I haven't given much thought about what exclusive things could be given for winning these events. A few things I thought about and I'll list:

- Exclusive banner for each event
- Discount off a rank/rank-up that can be used at any time.
- Some kind of animated cloak
- Some kind of win effect gadget (maybe a huge amount of different colour fireworks that you can set off in the lobby that lasts for 10 seconds)
- Maybe a podium in a hall where all the winners are put to view (like a hall of fame)

All of these are quick ideas, any other suggestions for this bit would be great.

Why all this hassle?
I feel something to work towards will help keep people interested in the server. Players don't stick around because they mindlessly play, they play and have fun because there is always that slight bit of competition to be recognized as the best. I find after playing a game for so long you do start to lose that sense of competition and once it starts to go it disappears dramatically. I feel by hosting these they will help keep bringing back that competition and either keep people playing on this server or bring people to this server because they see them and become interested in participating.

Now I'm not saying this is the exactly what should happen, obviously there are other ways but this is just an idea i had.

Any questions or additions are welcomed and appreciated.
If you hate the idea then send all the hate you like :P
( I had a break in the middle of writing this and I do feel I missed a few things out )​

vinlir

Jun 14, 2015
Belgium
www.youtube.com
Like it. I'm one of those who only really play to get recognized as 'good'. I really need more competition, as like you said, I've been playing cubecraft for so long and the need of being recognized is slowly disappearing. But wouldn't it be quite unfair to allow only a certain amount op people to participate. Also, if I bump in to a group of like 10 people in ffa my fps drop drasticly. I feel like 200 players in one game is just too insane and would cause lag (maybe not, idk). However, I really agree with the fact that cube needs some new 'competition' but I think that there are better ways to implement this. I'll think of some ideas tomorrow, I'm too tired rn. I like the idea of events though, only thinking about it got me hyped.

Reactions: Jaistrix

Jaistrix

Forum Expert
Oct 20, 2015
England
twitter.com
Like it. I'm one of those who only really play to get recognized as 'good'. I really need more competition, as like you said, I've been playing cubecraft for so long and the need of being recognized is slowly disappearing. But wouldn't it be quite unfair to allow only a certain amount op people to participate. Also, if I bump in to a group of like 10 people in ffa my fps drop drasticly. I feel like 200 players in one game is just too insane and cause lag (maybe not, idk). However, I really agree with the fact that cube needs some new 'competition' but I think that there are better ways to implement this. I'll think of some ideas tomorrow, I'm too tired rn. I like the idea of events though, only thinking about it got me hyped.
I definitely know how the lag feels in FFA :P I feel though that there are a lot of entities in those maps that wouldn't be necessary in these kinds of games. The armor stands wouldn't be needed which i feel are a major cause of lag in FFA. Plus everyone wouldn't be standing around in one area, they would be spread out. I have a few ideas on how bigger maps could be planned to stop players lagging as much in a few of the game modes as well. Thank you for the feedback, I'll try and attach pictures of map plans at some point when I get the chance. I definitely agree though that lag will definitely have be checked over and thought about for players like me and you who don't have god like PC's :P

As for the unfairness of players not being able to join because of the limit, i think there will be more than enough of an opportunity to get in a game. Like i said there could be a game for each of the game modes i mentioned in the thread (10-12 games, the 5 solo and 5 team along with Mineware and Block-wars if possible) and if they all have 100-250 players in that could be in total about 1000-2500 players that could get involved not including Minerware and Block-wars. I feel the players who want to get involved will definitely get the chance to join at least one of them. Also as i mentioned this could be a monthly (or some kind of scheduled) event so there will be more than one opportunity.

Reactions: vinlir

Deeds

Forum Veteran
Oct 2, 2016
Texas, US
I would love this.
It would bring a LOT of competition to the server, which may even mean more players :)

Jackxist

Dedicated Member
Apr 25, 2016
Capetown, South Africa
I will always agree with this suggestion as many months ago I suggested competitions for eggwars but it did not get added for the reason of community members can make their own competitions using the forums and with the new party system it will be easier to that, but never the less +1 from me :)

vinlir

Jun 14, 2015
Belgium
www.youtube.com
As for the unfairness of players not being able to join because of the limit, i think there will be more than enough of an opportunity to get in a game. Like i said there could be a game for each of the game modes i mentioned in the thread (10-12 games, the 5 solo and 5 team along with Mineware and Block-wars if possible) and if they all have 100-250 players in that could be in total about 1000-2500 players that could get involved not including Minerware and Block-wars. I feel the players who want to get involved will definitely get the chance to join at least one of them. Also as i mentioned this could be a monthly (or some kind of scheduled) event so there will be more than one opportunity.
Ahh, I thought you would only offer one game per event.

I had an idea where the normal player amount and map size would be kept. Still allow 100-250 players to join per game, but split them up in to different matches. The top 3 would from each match would then go to the next round. This would be like a little tournament. I you win you go to next round and so on, till you're in the final. In the final you fight to be the eventwinner. If you win you get an insane amount op xp,points and cubelets, maybe an exclusive vanity item.

DenisNotDanish

Novice Member
Feb 21, 2017
www.youtube.com
I like this, I would mainly like this if it was 1.8, but I am fine if its 1.9 and above. It would certainly bring players together and create a thrilling tournament. With a reward like a rank upgrade, miniature pack?

Simbaaa

Dedicated Member
Jul 11, 2014
USA
I love this suggestion! It is similar to the spleen competition last year, which I thought was cool. I think this would be a great addition to CubeCraft!

For prize ideas, I was thinking something more basic like a lot of points, maybe 500 to every alive player from the team and 100 to every dead player who remained spectating on the winning team, and maybe a similar idea for experience, and maybe 3 Cubelets. Also, a vanity item only gained from winning this event would be cool too

Jef15ist

Dedicated Member
Jun 7, 2016
India
I don't know which server will take the hold of 200 players in a single game :O the FPS.. If they can offord a really good dedicated server then It would be possible. I like this idea anyhow.

Hypixel Network

Novice Member
Jan 28, 2017
I know a couple ways I could see maps being made. I'm just trying to figure out a way to visually explain them xD
200 will not work.my suggestion is 10 players in a team . 16 teams in total which accounts to 160 players. We cant have more teams because of the limited wool colours

Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Currently working on “New Skyblock Island” suggestion #7! It might be the most detailed one yet.
EpicShotz1432 wrote on yousif1playz's profile.
Happy birthday 🎉
EpicShotz1432 wrote on Maxminedigger's profile.
Happy birthday 🎂
JellyFish01 wrote on Fesa's profile.
Sorry, I thought you are just mad at me. I keep reporting these stuff, and thought my name is all over the reports. :)
UncleSpect wrote on Verbramdt's profile.
Hi Bram! Welcome back! I missed you bro 🥹
Top Bottom