Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Spleefy

Novice Member
May 27, 2017
Arcade
While I don't play these games, I think this is a great idea. Nothing beats some good, friendly competition to match the best of the best and everyone in between to who dares wins!

I think it would create some buzz, interest, and variety to the server. I also like the suggestions that players will be competing for, not only for their status as a God of X game :D, but also the rewards that you suggested. Being multiplayer, competition is key. Great suggestion!

Jaistrix

Forum Expert
Oct 20, 2015
England
twitter.com
Im just going to put links of the images.
These are the map layout ideas i have for a couple of the games.

This one is is for Survival Games:
http://imgur.com/QXt6XTb
Now to explain this, The red is the main part of the map. The green with white in the center is 8 different center spawns where players spawn at. The green with the gold in the middle is the main center, no players spawn here though.

This one could be for either Skywars or Eggwars and is pretty basic but would get the job done:
http://imgur.com/hdTUxyh
The white are the spawn islands for the players, the yellow is the center islands for each group of spawn islands. Lime green are the connecting islands, these are what brings the main center and each of the different islands together and connected. The red is the main center.

With these layouts i think you could minimize lag for players. The reason for this is the distance between each of the islands because in theory each set of islands/spawn area should separate everyone up so you aren't effected by what is going on in the distance because it isn't in the distance you can render to. This means much less detectable entities for all players.

This theory could be complete rubbish but its an idea xD

Last edited:

MClicious

Jun 13, 2016
CT
I feel something to work towards will help keep people interested in the server. Players don't stick around because they mindlessly play, they play and have fun because there is always that slight bit of competition to be recognized as the best. I find after playing a game for so long you do start to lose that sense of competition and once it starts to go it disappears dramatically. I feel by hosting these they will help keep bringing back that competition and either keep people playing on this server or bring people to this server because they see them and become interested in participating.

I agree with you that a game does get boring after playing for about 20 to 30 mins.
Adding this competition would make CC much more enjoyable and something to "fight" for. For the competitive players
Adding this would be very difficult, but I believe the effort would by far outweigh the benefits.
However, I rather CC take their time on this topic instead of what happened to UHC

Jaistrix

Forum Expert
Oct 20, 2015
England
twitter.com
However, I rather CC take their time on this topic instead of what happened to UHC
I definitely agree with you here, if anything like this was implemented id want it to be well looked over, completely checked and fully working. Obviously the first run will always be a trial run because its almost like the first proper test run with a good amount of players but i would definitely want them to take their time with creating it.

TriangleAttack

Dedicated Member
Mar 13, 2016
Lestallum
fireemblem.wikia.com
I would love this. I think it could attract more players and be more appealing to already existing members.
I also have a question, sorry if you mentioned it and I didn't notice, how long will the competition last and how often will they be?

Jaistrix

Forum Expert
Oct 20, 2015
England
twitter.com
I would love this. I think it could attract more players and be more appealing to already existing members.
I also have a question, sorry if you mentioned it and I didn't notice, how long will the competition last and how often will they be?
Well I'd say they would go on for quite a bit longer than any of the normal mode, also the reason though why i mentioned giving everyone a compass pointing towards the nearest enemy was to speed up the games because no one can hide that way.

Also in the thread I said these events could take place every few weeks, maybe every month, maybe every couple months if needs be. There would have to be more than enough time to set up and enough time to make these events stand out as something special rather than just another game.

Reactions: TriangleAttack

ChillyTree

Mar 15, 2017
This is a very nice idea. CubeCraft is very fun, but it is very repetitive. Having competitions will make people look forward to something! I like creative servers because of the competitions. If we have that here, it will bring the same enjoyment from that to here :D

Reactions: Jaistrix
Members Online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Beginning of my cubecraft forums account
UncleSpect wrote on human being's profile.
Happy birthday!
UncleSpect wrote on Power Ranger's profile.
Happy birthday!
Kazwa wrote on Power Ranger's profile.
happy birthday!!
Not to thank; you are really nice and good at explaining :D
Top Bottom