• Total voters

ShinyArrow

Forum Expert
Aug 31, 2019
The Netherlands
Pronouns
He/Him
Hi everyone!

The past few weeks I noticed a huge amount of players broke rules without (probably) knowing they were breaking any rules, since it seems they were just messing around and having fun. It seems like many players don’t even know that rules exist and they are certainly not following the rules.

My suggestion:
Send a message with a link to the official rules on the whole network, an example of a message could be:
Read our official rules HERE.
OR
Have you read our official rules already? Read them HERE.

These messages can be send every 10 (or another time period) minutes or every time someone joins the network.

Why?
As I said a lot of players don’t even know the rules exist and will get punished for breaking rules while that’s not their intention. These players who join CubeCraft to have fun (examples I’ve experienced: sending fake message of their friend getting banned by Sentinel or sending 3+ times a message about their friends, which isn’t allowed but could be done to make a funny movement), but get punished for breaking rules. If a message will be send in the chat, there is a larger chance of players reading the rules and that they follow the rules.

Of course there already is the '/rules' command, but without announcing this command no one will ever use this command.

Note: obviously when someone breaks the rules they should get punished for it, even if they don’t know the rules, but the rules needs to be pushed more imo.​

Last edited:

Levi_the_pro

Forum Expert
Nov 21, 2016
I liked this how it used to be. They would broadcast something like type /rules to read the rules and it would give you a simple short rules list with a link to a bigger list with more detail etc.
Screenshot_20210306_150821.jpg

InkAsriel

Sep 23, 2017
The Netherlands
i agree for sure!
especially in things like among slimes, i've noticed a lot of people dont even know you cant troll or what is seen as trolling! (refering to rule 1.11) its a small change and despite not everyone reading it, it would still make a difference. besides, people cant say "but i didnt know" anymore.

Reactions: ShinyArrow

Keanu

Forum Veteran
Jan 5, 2017
Maastricht, the Netherlands
youtu.be
I like the idea in general, I personally dislike the idea of getting this even when you've played the server for 6 years. I think you should get a book when you first join the server (One comparable to the books you get when there's an update) which says like ''read the rules here:'' (ofcourse worded better). Going to escalate this. :)

LightsOff_

Novice Member
Sep 6, 2020
Antartica
Maybe there could be a message in chat when you join a game with 1 random rule(of that game). This will make sure most of the people read it and they don't have to press a link. Kinda like a loading screen message.

Reactions: ShinyArrow
Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

Sergiio12 wrote on LoveAndMafia's profile.
Alejaaaandro
Blom wrote on Lyriie's profile.
Lyriie, sorry for bullying you all the time :o
Ur an amazing staff member <3
mojang nerf mobile players pls
Someone nerfed me because I can't find those hidden chests as easily anymore.. I won't stop trying tho >:c
Top Bottom