Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Sophie

Forum Professional
May 1, 2014
Arendine Sink
How about showing FFA a little love? It's still immensely popular! As of right now, there are almost 150 people playing OP KitPvP alone, not including the three other variants that this gamemode has. The solutions proposed aren't that complicated, and this is I believe my fourth time (at least) suggesting these ideas, so perhaps consider them please? Because of how simple these ideas are, the only conclusion that I could possibly draw is that you simply don't want to revamp this gamemode. Why that might be is beyond me, because FFA is a classic gamemode that has been here longer than I have, and yet has retained a massive following. Onto the ideas!

Add your kit's corresponding chestplate to the player's inventory in winged maps
Winged maps currently serve little purpose other than to heavily disrupt the already poor balance of kits. Take for example the OP gamemode, which is evidently the more popular variant. You can kill the majority of players in less than four shots using the Archer kit. There is also the problem of players camping the edges of islands and retreating into the clouds whenever they take the smallest amount of damage. The solution is simple, and one that I was told would be happening last October! What the hell happened?

By adding the chosen kit's corresponding chestplate to everybody's inventory, it adds a totally unique gameplay element; changing your equipped gear depending on the situation. If you want to retreat, you have to unequip your most valuable asset, and then reequip it once you've re-positioned. This adds an element of risk that makes retreating impossible during combat, unless you're already at the disadvantage of not using a chestplate.

Add time progression to the maps
This would add a gorgeous change of atmosphere to every map. Sure, it doesn't actually add any new gameplay experiences, but playing at say, night time, would obviously encourage snipers to go into hiding and snipe from afar, where it's harder to see them. It would also encourage players to re-position to brighter areas. The frequent change of atmosphere will make the game feel a lot more progressive, rather than a dull, stagnant onslaught.

Balance. The. Kits. Oh. My. God. (OP KitPvP)
This is another thing that I told would be happening last October. Here are the problems:
upload_2017-7-7_20-33-16.png

You see this? Totally useless kit. There aren't five kits in this gamemode; there are four, plus one liability. Who would ever use Samurai outside of camping one of the spawns on 'Classic', when you could use the Wizard kit instead? Sure the Wizard only gets 4:30 of Speed II, but you're never going to last that long as the Samurai anyways, so you might as well just not use it. Alongside a sizable period of Speed II, the Wizard kit gets:
-Better armour by default
-Two regeneration potions
-Two strength potions
-Five harming potions
-Two poison potions
-Better damage overall

This. Is. A. Problem. The Samurai kit needs higher protection values in order to give it a chance to out-live the Wizard kit's potions. Also, consider adding a temporary cloaking perk, as seen in the 'Cloak' kit of BlockWars. This would give it an actual perk that no other kit has, thus justifying its usage. Imagine cloaking up to somebody's irritating camp spot at the top of the map, and smiting them without them having any idea what happened. Then, because they have no idea what happened, they go back up there and walk into the exact same trap twice in a row.

upload_2017-7-7_20-46-3.png

This kit needs the ability to regenerate its arrows. Perhaps a slight armour increase, and Knockback I on the sword, could also be considered. The easier and still viable option, would be to double its starting quiver.

upload_2017-7-7_20-47-27.png

These kits are grossly overused. Warrior is fine in my opinion, but Beast needs a slight nerf to put it on-par with the Warrior kit. Currently, in a fight where the two players are of equal skill, the Beast will always beat the Warrior with many hearts to spare. It also takes far too long to kill for the Archer and Ninja kits to see any benefit in engaging with it, and a half-decent player can even out-DPS the Wizard 9/10 times.

Will people be mad? Of course they will be, people only ever use the Beast and Warrior kits! However, this will help to maintain the integrity of the gamemode, and will also help those that are using these crutch kits to become more skilled at PvP. Sure it's fun to decimate three of the five kits in almost every encounter, but it isn't very fair. See below:

Beast: Full Prot II diamond armour (unbreakable armour), regular diamond sword (second best sword in the game)
Archer: Full regular iron armour, regular iron sword (Weakest in the game), bow that is easily strafed or outlasted
Ninja: Speed II, two pieces of iron armour, a knockback sword (Beast can kill this in five hits, excluding crits. On the other hand, it's not worth trying to kill even an afk Beast kit)
Wizard: Speed II, harming potions that can easily be strafed/baited, poison potions that are almost useless, strength potion that admittedly benefits it hugely, regeneration potions that expire very quickly and are slow to benefit from (Beast can kill this in only a couple of hits. On the other hand, it takes an unholy amount of hits to overcome the Beast)

Further balancing (1.8, 1.9, Soup)
Note: I am going to be discussing the Archer kit only. This is because I am unfamiliar with these gamemodes, and have only used the Archer kit. As such, I feel I cannot make an accurate judgement.

-In Soup, the Archer should be given Infinity I on its bow. This is because with the ability to regenerate your health at any time, it's impossible to kill even Timmy-no-thumbs before exhausting every arrow you have

-In 1.8, the Archer's quiver should be increased to 64. Twenty arrows is rarely enough for more than one kill, especially when considering you're going to miss at least a few, and players will typically retreat, warranting you nothing

-In 1.9, the Archer's quiver should be increased to 64. Twenty arrows is rarely enough for more than one kill, especially when considering you're going to miss at least a few, and players will typically retreat, warranting you nothing

Pleaseeeee consider these changes! KitPvP is a stale yawn-fest to see who can outlast their opponent's armour in doubles fights, or a slaughterfest for any underdog who even considers using the more enjoyable but disadvantaged kits.

Thnx for reading x
-Exotic_Athena (My new IGN)

Edit: Also, please consider changing the Wizard's speed potions to consumables, rather than splashes. This will discourage the kit's use in big teams by disallowing players to give speed to their friends. Nothing, I repeat, nothing, is scarier than a clan of Beast kits with Speed II spartan-charging you whilst screaming "For the motherland!" and then bragging for a week when they kill you.

Last edited:

xXNiChO_29Xx

Dedicated Member
Feb 20, 2016
How about showing FFA a little love? It's still immensely popular! As of right now, there are almost 150 people playing OP KitPvP alone, not including the three other variants that this gamemode has. The solutions proposed aren't that complicated, and this is I believe my fourth time (at least) suggesting these ideas, so perhaps consider them please? Because of how simple these ideas are, the only conclusion that I could possibly draw is that you simply don't want to revamp this gamemode. Why that might be is beyond me, because FFA is a classic gamemode that has been here longer than I have, and yet has retained a massive following. Onto the ideas!

Add your kit's corresponding chestplate to the player's inventory in winged maps
Winged maps currently serve little purpose other than to heavily disrupt the already poor balance of kits. Take for example the OP gamemode, which is evidently the more popular variant. You can kill the majority of players in less than four shots using the Archer kit. There is also the problem of players camping the edges of islands and retreating into the clouds whenever they take the smallest amount of damage. The solution is simple, and one that I was told would be happening last October! What the hell happened?

By adding the chosen kit's corresponding chestplate to everybody's inventory, it adds a totally unique gameplay element; changing your equipped gear depending on the situation. If you want to retreat, you have to unequip your most valuable asset, and then reequip it once you've re-positioned. This adds an element of risk that makes retreating impossible during combat, unless you're already at the disadvantage of not using a chestplate.

Add time progression to the maps
This would add a gorgeous change of atmosphere to every map. Sure, it doesn't actually add any new gameplay experiences, but playing at say, night time, would obviously encourage snipers to go into hiding and snipe from afar, where it's harder to see them. It would also encourage players to re-position to brighter areas. The frequent change of atmosphere will make the game feel a lot more progressive, rather than a dull, stagnant onslaught.

Balance. The. Kits. Oh. My. God. (OP KitPvP)
This is another thing that I told would be happening last October. Here are the problems:
View attachment 134938
You see this? Totally useless kit. There aren't five kits in this gamemode; there are four, plus one liability. Who would ever use Samurai outside of camping one of the spawns on 'Classic', when you could use the Wizard kit instead? Sure the Wizard only gets 4:30 of Speed II, but you're never going to last that long as the Samurai anyways, so you might as well just not use it. Alongside a sizable period of Speed II, the Wizard kit gets:
-Better armour by default
-Two regeneration potions
-Two strength potions
-Five harming potions
-Two poison potions
-Better damage overall

This. Is. A. Problem. The Samurai kit needs higher protection values in order to give it a chance to out-live the Wizard kit's potions. Also, consider adding a temporary cloaking perk, as seen in the 'Cloak' kit of BlockWars. This would give it an actual perk that no other kit has, thus justifying its usage. Imagine cloaking up to somebody's irritating camp spot at the top of the map, and smiting them without them having any idea what happened. Then, because they have no idea what happened, they go back up there and walk into the exact same trap twice in a row.

View attachment 134939
This kit needs the ability to regenerate its arrows. Perhaps a slight armour increase, and Knockback I on the sword, could also be considered. The easier and still viable option, would be to double its starting quiver.

View attachment 134940
These kits are grossly overused. Warrior is fine in my opinion, but Beast needs a slight nerf to put it on-par with the Warrior kit. Currently, in a fight where the two players are of equal skill, the Beast will always beat the Warrior with many hearts to spare. It also takes far too long to kill for the Archer and Ninja kits to see any benefit in engaging with it, and a half-decent player can even out-DPS the Wizard 9/10 times.

Will people be mad? Of course they will be, people only ever use the Beast and Warrior kits! However, this will help to maintain the integrity of the gamemode, and will also help those that are using these crutch kits to become more skilled at PvP. Sure it's fun to decimate three of the five kits in almost every encounter, but it isn't very fair. See below:

Beast: Full Prot II diamond armour (unbreakable armour), regular diamond sword (second best sword in the game)
Archer: Full regular iron armour, regular iron sword (Weakest in the game), bow that is easily strafed or outlasted
Ninja: Speed II, two pieces of iron armour, a knockback sword (Beast can kill this in five hits, excluding crits. On the other hand, it's not worth trying to kill even an afk Beast kit)
Wizard: Speed II, harming potions that can easily be strafed/baited, poison potions that are almost useless, strength potion that admittedly benefits it hugely, regeneration potions that expire very quickly and are slow to benefit from (Beast can kill this in only a couple of hits. On the other hand, it takes an unholy amount of hits to overcome the Beast)

Further balancing (1.8, 1.9, Soup)
Note: I am going to be discussing the Archer kit only. This is because I am unfamiliar with these gamemodes, and have only used the Archer kit. As such, I feel I cannot make an accurate judgement.

-In Soup, the Archer should be given Infinity I on its bow. This is because with the ability to regenerate your health at any time, it's impossible to kill even Timmy-no-thumbs before exhausting every arrow you have

-In 1.8, the Archer's quiver should be increased to 64. Twenty arrows is rarely enough for more than one kill, especially when considering you're going to miss at least a few, and players will typically retreat, warranting you nothing

-In 1.9, the Archer's quiver should be increased to 64. Twenty arrows is rarely enough for more than one kill, especially when considering you're going to miss at least a few, and players will typically retreat, warranting you nothing

Pleaseeeee consider these changes! KitPvP is a stale yawn-fest to see who can outlast their opponent's armour in doubles fights, or a slaughterfest for any underdog who even considers using the more enjoyable but disadvantaged kits.

Thnx for reading x
-Exotic_Athena (My new IGN)
Wow!
This is a super duper nice Suggestion! I agree 100% I think FFA is kinda nice and well, some kits are useless so htis could literally help a lot!
+1

Last edited:
A

A pigeon

Either the bow should be upgraded to power 3 in OP or the arrows should have a damage porion effect. Regaining arrows sounds nice. Or infinity We should be able to buy punch bows in the shop

Samurai always wore heavy armour , no idea why FFA's samurai is almost naked.

/refill for wizard kit . Give em random leather colour on spawn just for fun

Beast should be changed to prot 1 .

Daylight cycles should be implemented on all maps except space as you said

The reason why i find OP hard to play is because of the beast kit and how long it takes to kill someone . Ive switched to normal FFA , where again , the archer kit needs a buff.

A

A pigeon

Sad that threads like this dont get the resopnse they deserve . Anyway, cubecraft to rehaul FFA , remove kingdom as it is a super laggy map,

Overhaul samurai and wizard and introduce at least 10 more kits along with maybe an option to customize kits .

For example : Choose a set of armour and weapons from 1 armourstand , then select potions from another. There should be steps taken to ensure this isnt OP by limiting potions , pairing up weapons and armour so someone can use beast kit armour along with the awrrior kit's sword during customization .

Also limit the potions that can be chosen for each kind of armour. Beast should not be able to use strengh , speed etc.

Reactions: Sophie

vinlir

Jun 14, 2015
Belgium
www.youtube.com
Yes, the kits honestly just need to be rebalanced. I would love to use the wizard or samurai kit but they just dont stand a chance against the beast kit. I would also like the shop removed and see kits with axes added.

Sophie

Forum Professional
May 1, 2014
Arendine Sink
Bump

Also, another reason for changing the Speed II potions in the Wizard kit to consumables rather than splash, is that the splash potion often won't give you the full benefit of the potion. Plus, if there's even the slightest amount of lag, you could lose anything from fifteen seconds of the potion effect, to the entire potion itself.

A

A pigeon

FFA is ignored by everyone even my 12 kit ideas got ignored :/

XxRubyxX

May 13, 2017
Took a long time reading this, but it was worth it! I like your suggestion a lot!

+1

Members Online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

ImLeave wrote on thejumboyt's profile.
Welcome!
CrystalLegend01 wrote on savina875's profile.
Thank you for the follow! And welcome to the Forums
MrTommy wrote on Eli's profile.
So ypy finally admitting im good at something :D
Screenshot_20240425_224822_Samsung Internet.jpg
Reesle wrote on The NightGhost02's profile.
Happy Birthday!! 🥳
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Happy Birthday!:D
Top Bottom