Votes: 9 50.0%
  • Undecided / Maybe

Votes: 3 16.7%

• Total voters

Qin Shihuangdi

Forum Expert
Nov 11, 2015
The Orange House
This is about shop inflation. (Increasing shop prices after purchases). The old thread is very outdated, so I'm making a new thread.

Overpowered

This is the main part of this suggestion. I think I finally thought of a way to give rushers the advantage over campers.

My Proposal: In the OP shop, most items start increasing in price after the first purchase.

OP: Blocks (Will Inflate to its' price in NORMAL)
No Inflation, Except:

Obsidian: Inflates at a rate of 5%. Will increase to normal mode pricing after 25 purchases. Other price increases occur at 6 gold (15 purchases) and 8 gold (21 Purchases)

OP: Armour (Loss of Protection)

Leather: No Inflation

Chain:
1st: Protection 5
2nd: Protection 3
3rd-4th: Protection 2
5th+: Protection 1

Iron:
1st: Protection 5
2nd: Protection 3
3rd+: Protection 1

Diamond:
1st: Protection 4 (Changed)
2nd: Protection 2
3rd+: No Enchant

Shield: Inflates at a rate of 25%. No Limit, can pass normal price.

OP: Food (Increases to Normal)

No Inflation, Except:

Notch Apple: Inflates at a rate of 20%. Inflates to normal price after 7 purchases. The price increases after every purchase.

OP: Weapons

No Inflation, Except:

Sharpness 5 Diamond Sword: Loses Sharpness.
1st: Sharp 5
2nd: Sharp 4
3rd+: Sharp 3

OP: Pickaxes and Miscalenous

No Inflation, Except:

Chests: Inflate by 25%.

OP: Archery*

Power III: Inflates at a rate of 50%. No limit.
Punch: Inflates at a rate of 100%. No limit.
Power V: Inflates at a rate of 50%. No limit.
All Arrow Types: Inflates at a rate of 10%. Caps at 32 Gold.

Normal
Fewer items inflate in normal mode, but it still moves the balance of power towards rushers.

Obsidian: Inflates by 5%. Reaches hardcore price after 15 purchases. There are no other price increases.
Iron Armour: Inflates by 50%. Reaches hardcore price after 4 purchases. Inflates after every purchase.
Notch Apple: Inflates by 25%. No limit.
Chest: Inflates by 20%. Reaches hardcore price after 4 purchases. This is the only price increase.
Normal Bow: Inflates by 50%. No limit.
Punch Bow: Inflates by 200%. No limit.
Power Bow: Inflates by 50%. No limit.
All Arrows: Inflates by 10%. Caps at 32.

Hardcore is basically the same thing, minus the enchanted bows and Notch Apples.

Let me know what you think!

By the way, this discourages camping because it means you cant just stack the best items in a chest and you have to use the items wisely.

Last edited:
Reactions: TheFastBowler

Despacito 2

Forum Professional
Dec 6, 2015
*sees name*
27805e563c6d64d8345bc1c581d95ef1c34ffc7341c1a99267af9edc8adcc100.jpg

No offence...

Reactions: Mr_Riolu_

Qin Shihuangdi

Forum Expert
Nov 11, 2015
The Orange House
Umm, the punch bow inflating by 200%... that's pretty insane. Maybe this could be in a different mode that could be voted for?
Why is it insane? It's a great way to counter campers. I've eliminated a camping team of 4 with a power bow on many occasions but because it's so cheap I wasn't able to gain any distance as killing one guy meant two to three still had punch bows. If it costed 36, that's over a minute of grinding and if I kill them again it's 108, that's over four minutes of grinding, giving a big advantage to attackers.
I
*sees name*
27805e563c6d64d8345bc1c581d95ef1c34ffc7341c1a99267af9edc8adcc100.jpg

No offence...
It's my old suggestion xD

Caboozled_Pie

Sep 5, 2016
CubeCraft Forums
www.cubecraft.net
Why is it insane? It's a great way to counter campers. I've eliminated a camping team of 4 with a power bow on many occasions but because it's so cheap I wasn't able to gain any distance as killing one guy meant two to three still had punch bows. If it costed 36, that's over a minute of grinding and if I kill them again it's 108, that's over four minutes of grinding, giving a big advantage to attackers.
Well, I think it would be better in different a different game mode. I think this simply for the reason that everyone has their own opinions on how, and when punch bows should be used. I, personally, can often times completely team-wipe a camping team using a punch bow and knocking them all off; if it was more expensive, I would have no chance of killing them.

Netflix_Addicted

Forum Expert
Nov 29, 2015
Quarantined at home
I really like the thing with inflation but maybe I'm stupid but this won't stop campers. They just stay in there bunker and they will camp even more because they need more stuff because of the inflation maybe I'm wrong and I'm not reading right but this won't stop campers

Reactions: Qin Shihuangdi

Spyridon Agnew Dragon

Dedicated Member
May 27, 2016
Skylands
I really like the thing with inflation but maybe I'm stupid but this won't stop campers. They just stay in there bunker and they will camp even more because they need more stuff because of the inflation maybe I'm wrong and I'm not reading right but this won't stop campers
In the original 1.9 mechanics the "good gear" was actually garbage ;)

Qin Shihuangdi

Forum Expert
Nov 11, 2015
The Orange House
Well, I think it would be better in different a different game mode. I think this simply for the reason that everyone has their own opinions on how, and when punch bows should be used. I, personally, can often times completely team-wipe a camping team using a punch bow and knocking them all off; if it was more expensive, I would have no chance of killing them.
The first one is no more expensive than it is now. Unless it breaks or you die you won't have to spend 30/36 diamonds. Also, power bows are 5000% better to eliminate campers.

Qin Shihuangdi

Forum Expert
Nov 11, 2015
The Orange House
There's no reason to put higher prices on the items, just get more skills. To me campers are easy to kill, you either kill them first or last.
More skills? @Ping Ether @TheJeroen @KronosReeper You know the drill. I can absolutely dominate in normal and end games faster than 99% of the server. I've actually played a full game of CamperDaSea in under 15 minutes with @hgbf . (It was in hardcore but that's not the point...) Also, what's so bad about the item prices going up? In normal mode, I can obliterate whole teams with a power bow but that does nothing because the punch bow is too damn cheap. Trust me, this is 100% the best compromise.

Texter495

Nov 24, 2016
I like the effort placed into this post, but I don't think this would work. Here's why: Egg wars is great the way it is right now this is a very complicated system for players and I feel many wouldn't understand the logic and rules of this. Also campers always find a way around :P

Reactions: Qin Shihuangdi

TheLucian

Forum Expert
Dec 29, 2015
:D
I like the effort placed into this post, but I don't think this would work. Here's why: Egg wars is great the way it is right now this is a very complicated system for players and I feel many wouldn't understand the logic and rules of this. Also campers always find a way around :p
True, a lot of young aged people play this.

Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Aveezz The OG wrote on univesanand's profile.
Happy Birthday
This is YOUR daily dose of facts #19-
The Sun makes a sound but we can't hear it.
Reesle wrote on xireu's profile.
Welcome to the Forums! Hope you enjoy your stay :D
Reesle wrote on Mantas2221's profile.
Welcome to the Forums! 👋
been working on chapter 4 + some changes to fhg
Top Bottom