Status
Not open for further replies.

ShinyArrow

Forum Expert
Aug 31, 2019
The Netherlands
Pronouns
He/Him
I took a look at #Swedish-general and the amount of messages sent in there are around 1-10 messages per day, which is way too low. (Without looking at the messages of today -> 26-10-2021, as this is the only day in a while with a good amount of messages). So I agree.

I've also suggested (intern) to combine #nitro-plus-lounge and #vip-ranks to one channel, since #nitro-plus-lounge only has 1-15 messages sent on a day, which is way too low aswel.

Matriox

Forum Expert
Jun 15, 2020
Ireland
discord.gg
Pronouns
He/Him
I've also suggested (intern) to combine #nitro-plus-lounge and #vip-ranks to one channel, since #nitro-plus-lounge only has 1-15 messages sent on a day, which is way too low aswel.
imo i would kinda disagree with this, vip ranks is a perk of having a rank, nitro-plus is a perk of being a booster or monthly donator of cubecraft. Whereas its not a perk to have a language channel

• Agree
Reactions: iTBD

RL302

Dec 4, 2020
Dit kanaal is erg dood, slechts een paar berichten per dag, ik zie daar ook nooit iemand in gesprek. Ik heb gezien dat discord-kanalen worden verwijderd met meer berichten per dag, dus ik zie geen reden waarom dit kanaal hier is.
Yes i agree.

ShinyArrow

Forum Expert
Aug 31, 2019
The Netherlands
Pronouns
He/Him
imo i would kinda disagree with this, vip ranks is a perk of having a rank, nitro-plus is a perk of being a booster or monthly donator of cubecraft. Whereas its not a perk to have a language channel
Understandable, but I don't see any benefit for nitroboosters to have a dead channel. This channel literally has less than 20 messages a day. If both channels merge into 1 big channel named #vip-lounge (=suggested by someone else), then both people with a rank as nitroboosters get a benefit from supporting the server.

Last edited:

Disappearence

Jun 4, 2020
I can't really see why it would have to be removed, just because no one has sent more than 10 messages a day. Sure, while it has not been one of the most active channels, there have been messages everyday during the last 2 weeks. Swedish is one of the more common languages on CubeCraft, hence why there is a "#swedish-general" in the first place. Is there a harm in the channel existing, while being somewhat active?

A risk with removing the channel would be Swedish taking over the "#other-languages", which might not be ideal if there is a desire to have it for multiple languages. It might also be discouraging for other languages if a large amount of the messages, in that channel, is in Swedish.

Last edited:

Goefy

Forum Expert
Dec 10, 2019
Å
A risk with removing the channel would be Swedish taking over the "#other-languages", which might not be ideal if there is a desire to have it for multiple languages. It might also be disencouraging for other languages if a large amount of the messages, in that channel, is in Swedish.
How can it be discouraging for people to see people talk Swedish in a channel where all languages are allowed? Moreover I have seen more Russian and German messages in #other-laguages than I have seen messages in #swedish-general so that wouldn’t be a problem.

Disappearence

Jun 4, 2020
How can it be discouraging for people to see people talk Swedish in a channel where all languages are allowed? Moreover I have seen more Russian and German messages in #other-laguages than I have seen messages in #swedish-general so that wouldn’t be a problem.
What I meant with discouraging is that if there are too many messages in one language, it might feel disruptive to start a completely new conversation in another language.

Also I'm only curious, how exactly did you come to the conclusion that it's inactive? Did you make a comparison with another language text-channel?

• Agree
Reactions: KLsz

Sanningen

Aug 12, 2021
Kazwas hair
have seen more Russian and German messages in #other-laguages than I have seen messages in #swedish-general
Well, maybe because you're comparing a channel where you can type in multiple languages to a channel with only one language. Seems kinda unfair to me. Maybe you should suggest to create a Russian text channel and a German text channel if they're such popular languages in the community. Also I'm just wondering about how you came up with the fact that #swedish-general is inactive, did you compare it to another language specific channel?

ShinyArrow

Forum Expert
Aug 31, 2019
The Netherlands
Pronouns
He/Him
Well, maybe because you're comparing a channel where you can type in multiple languages to a channel with only one language. Seems kinda unfair to me. Also I'm just wondering about how you came up with the fact that #swedish-general is inactive, did you compare it to another language specific channel?
Comparing #Swedish-general to a multiple language channel is not fair, that's a fact. But comparing Swedish-general, with only a handful of messages sent daily, to channels like #Dutch-general and #Spanish-general does make sense. Channels like those are active and lots of messages are sent in there every day.
Having inactive channels just does not make any sense, as literally almost no one uses them. The only thing those channels do are letting people think that CubeCrafts Discord is inactive, something that can be easily avoided.
Maybe you should suggest to create a Russian text channel and a German text channel if they're such popular languages in the community.
This has nothing to do with this suggestion. This suggestion is about removing #Swedish-general, because it is inactive, not about which other languages talk more in #other-languages than others.

Reactions: Goefy

Goefy

Forum Expert
Dec 10, 2019
Å
What I meant with discouraging is that if there are too many messages in one language, it might feel disruptive to start a completely new conversation in another language.
I don’t think so. This wasn’t even the case before the Swedish chat got added, even though there were a lot more Swedish posts. Also, when you see a conversation of 50 posts in Russian, would you be discouraged too? Don’t think so.
Also I'm only curious, how exactly did you come to the conclusion that it's inactive? Did you make a comparison with another language text-channel?
Over the last 2 weeks 108 messages were posted in the Swedish chat, which is not even 8 a day. For me that’s inactive.

Last edited:

Matriox

Forum Expert
Jun 15, 2020
Ireland
discord.gg
Pronouns
He/Him
Understandable, but I don't see any benefit for nitroboosters to have a dead channel. This channel literally has less than 20 messages a day. If both channels merge into 1 big channel named #vip-lounge (=suggested by someone else), then both people with a rank as nitroboosters get a benefit from supporting the server.
Its already a fact that more players does not equal more activity, Cubecraft has a large amount of ranks yet it isn't active, there's a lot of swedish people yet the chat isn't active etc. etc. But these channels (nitro and vip) are perks, they don't need to be active imo

KLsz

Novice Member
Jul 29, 2020
I don't know why I would think like this, maybe it is because I'm weird. But I think,
the less people in a channel there are, the more necessity it is to keep this channel available.
The reason is that if you really close the channel and let everybody moves to #other-languages, their chat will be buried by all other languages.

I was actually studying Japanese players in #other-languages before. For example, one person sent a „Hello, are there any Japanese here?” on #other-languages. If there were no chats happening in the next 6 hours, they could probably get another Japanese player replying. But otherwise if there were, let's say, a lot of Russian or Hebrew conversations going on, nobody would ever find this Japanese message at all. Actually I think if we do create a Japanese channel, it could get the Japanese chats on the discord server from 0.1 message per day to somewhere around 4 to 5 messages per day.

• Agree
Reactions: Silco

Goefy

Forum Expert
Dec 10, 2019
Å
I don't know why I would think like this, maybe it is because I'm weird. But I think,
the less people in a channel there are, the more necessity it is to keep this channel available.
The reason is that if you really close the channel and let everybody moves to #other-languages, their chat will be buried by all other languages.

I was actually studying Japanese players in #other-languages before. For example, one person sent a „Hello, are there any Japanese here?” on #other-languages. If there were no chats happening in the next 6 hours, they could probably get another Japanese player replying. But otherwise if there were, let's say, a lot of Russian or Hebrew conversations going on, nobody would ever find this Japanese message at all. Actually I think if we do create a Japanese channel, it could get the Japanese chats on the discord server from 0.1 message per day to somewhere around 4 to 5 messages per day.
That doesn’t make any sense for me, so they should add tons of channels because they’re inactive, you mean?

KLsz

Novice Member
Jul 29, 2020
That doesn’t make any sense for me, so they should add tons of channels because they’re inactive, you mean?
I mean, what's the reason of dividing a language-specific channel?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Latest profile posts

TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on Capitan's profile.
Congratulations on hitting over 4 000 in Reaction Score! 💙
some people need to talk to their internet provider to buy them a gym membership because theyre too FAT to take knockback
Today... 216 wins in one day!
1711671596534.png
Top Bottom