Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net
Status
Not open for further replies.

KLsz

Novice Member
Jul 29, 2020
I know and I gave you a clear answer for that
Is it something with my English?

What I mean is that why not everyone just talk in the same channel?
Minecraft ingame chat does not have language filter. Why should we have that in Discord?
What is the reason to setup this kinds of things in the first place?

Matriox

Forum Expert
Jun 15, 2020
Ireland
discord.gg
Pronouns
He/Him
Because they want to keep it organised, having English Dutch Spanish etc etc all together in the same chat would be way to hard to read. Discord is just made for chatting it's not compareable to the Minecraft chat. It would be way to spammy and you wouldn't be able to read it

• Agree
Reactions: Buckyy and Silco

KLsz

Novice Member
Jul 29, 2020
Because they want to keep it organised, having English Dutch Spanish etc etc all together in the same chat would be way to hard to read. Discord is just made for chatting it's not compareable to the Minecraft chat. It would be way to spammy and you wouldn't be able to read it
Well, as you say, it will look very spammy and messy if all languages are speaking in the same time. I actually think players will prefer to use those few big languages to chat if it were such an environment.

So, I personally think the reason why CubeCraft would want to setup Discord as such, is to encourage players to speak and enjoy their time more comfortably in their own languages.
If this makes sense, why would we want to discourage Swedish players to remove their channel?
Well there are indeed reasons, for example, we don't want a completely dead channel on Discord - that will just look lifeless and ugly. But I don't think the #swedish-general has fell to such point that it will look lifeless. That's why I personally disagree with this idea.

Story

Forum Professional
Jan 30, 2014
Glasgow
letterboxd.com
It is my opinion that this type of suggestion should be decided by the Swedish community themselves since it's existence doesn't harm anyone.

This was why I put the language channels into categories during the Discord revamp a year ago, so that non-speakers of that language could hide the entirety of it and it'd only benefit that community.

I just personally don't see how it's fair that people who do not look at that channel or know of it's existence are allowed to vote it out and get it removed. If the Swedish community agree enough then we will remove it, however I ask those people to be honest about it's usefulness and whether they believe it actually provides any value.

Matriox

Forum Expert
Jun 15, 2020
Ireland
discord.gg
Pronouns
He/Him
It is my opinion that this type of suggestion should be decided by the Swedish community themselves since it's existence doesn't harm anyone.

This was why I put the language channels into categories during the Discord revamp a year ago, so that non-speakers of that language could hide the entirety of it and it'd only benefit that community.

I just personally don't see how it's fair that people who do not look at that channel or know of it's existence are allowed to vote it out and get it removed. If the Swedish community agree enough then we will remove it, however I ask those people to be honest about it's usefulness and whether they believe it actually provides any value.
If that's fair shouldn't there be a channel for every language? i'm sure there would be a few messages a day like the swedish channel. And it's not like your banning Swedish people from the discord, #other-languages shouldn't be seen as a void of random messages no one answers, but rather a place for conversation

• Agree
Reactions: ShinyArrow

Goefy

Forum Expert
Dec 10, 2019
Å

Java channels like Skywars, Eggwars and Among Slimes got removed while members didn’t have a say in it so why does it suddenly need to be decided by a certain part of the community?

Story

Forum Professional
Jan 30, 2014
Glasgow
letterboxd.com
Java channels like Skywars, Eggwars and Among Slimes got removed while members didn’t have a say in it so why does it suddenly need to be decided by a certain part of the community?
Because those were in a category that a lot of players didn't have muted, it's important that they get removed when inactive as Java players for example would click through them, it makes the games look less exciting. So we take action on those ourselves.

Language channels aren't comparable as the only people who have those categories visible are the speakers themselves.

Story

Forum Professional
Jan 30, 2014
Glasgow
letterboxd.com
If that's fair shouldn't there be a channel for every language? i'm sure there would be a few messages a day like the swedish channel. And it's not like your banning Swedish people from the discord, #other-languages shouldn't be seen as a void of random messages no one answers, but rather a place for conversation
If we have I'd say at least 2 moderators who speak a language then we can add it, yes. It also would need a decent community, Swedish used to, it doesn't these days anymore.

• Agree
Reactions: KLsz

KLsz

Novice Member
Jul 29, 2020
I do think some languages can be more active on Discord than they are now if we can separate them into a different channel.
In fact if you have used #other-languages yourself, you will realise your chat being burried by other languages. That is very much a thing.
For example, again on Japanese players I'm studying. There are actually two groups of players during weekdays, one sending message from 08:00 (UTC, same below) to 10:00 probably after school, while the other group being online at 15:00 or later in the night. But the interesting thing is that Russians and Germans are very used to chat between 13:00 and 16:00. If there are message somebody sent from 08:00 to 10:00, it will almost always get buried by those Russian and German messages, not able to to be seen by the latter group.

Wulfiee

Novice Member
Sep 1, 2020
The Turkish channel is kind of dead too imo
Did some math, Turkish channel averaged 100 messages a day in the past 30 days where as Swedish only averaged 35 messages a day. Though a 100 messages a day does seem quite low for a server with so many members

Reactions: Matriox

Story

Forum Professional
Jan 30, 2014
Glasgow
letterboxd.com
Hey Goefy, thanks for the suggestion.

Based on my points written above we've decided to deny this suggestion for the following reasons:
  • This channel is harmless and has moderation staff who watch it so there is realistically no reason to remove it.
  • Yes, we would add more language channels if they have at least two moderators who speak that language.
  • The category can be hidden entirely and is at the bottom if you feel as though it clutters the Discord.
~ Locked

Reactions: Kazwa
Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

Reesle wrote on UnfWasTaken's profile.
Welcome to the Official Cubecraft Forums! Hope you enjoy your stay!
Cool pfp btw 🌟
Reesle wrote on WorriedSkate940's profile.
Congrats on 500 msgs!
Amazinq wrote on JellyFish01's profile.
Hbd
Eli
So I’m working through some thread ideas and I can’t choose which one to do first, what sounds more interesting to you?

- How CubeCraft can implement the new 1.21 features
- I studied the Java Minecraft Server Market, here is what CubeCraft can do better
Top Bottom