Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Which type of queueing system would you prefer?

• The original TD queueing system.

• The Blockwars queueing system.

• Keep the new system but add maps that only allow a small amount of players.

• Keep the new system with NO changes.

Results are only viewable after voting.

ronniewhy

Sep 15, 2016
Canada
Pros:
-The new queueing system in Tower Defence allows for large groups (parties) to queue on the same team.

Cons:
-Allows for highly unbalanced games. Example: 5 vs. 1
-Makes it difficult to play in small groups of friends without having players not in the group on the team.
-Players cannot join the map once the timer ends and attempts to have players manually volunteer for the unbalanced team. This may lead to longer than necessary wait times in game hubs.

Possible exploits:
-You can get 6 in a lobby to queue all on the same team and the game will not start. Not only does the game not start, the game is removed from the board.
-The new system allows for easy win farming. (Because highly unbalanced games are possible)

Suggestion: Return the Tower Defence queueing to the way it was before or add maps that allow less players on a team so small groups have an opportunity to play.​

Last edited:

StrikerDH

Jan 4, 2017
The Netherlands
Now, you cant get unbalanced teams with the queue.
You only can get unbalanced teams when people leave.

Use the same type of queueing system as Block Wars
No thank you. That system must be removed in my opinion and i am not the only one.

add maps that allow less players on a team
Good idea! Not so much players play the game so less people in a game would decrease the waiting timer and probably faster games.

Marieke2001

Forum Professional
Jul 2, 2015
Hmm I agree you should be able to join one of the teams in TD without having to wait untill the other team has enough people. Even if the game would start with a 6v3 there are most of the time a couple people that leave while being in game.

Reactions: SrKlompenstein

ronniewhy

Sep 15, 2016
Canada
Hmm I agree you should be able to join one of the teams in TD without having to wait untill the other team has enough people. Even if the game would start with a 6v3 there are most of the time a couple people that leave while being in game.
I don't believe it's a good practice relying on people leaving the game to have a balanced game. It should be fair from the start but also give players an opportunity to team with their friends.

ymbmg

Jul 16, 2016
I don't believe it's a good practice relying on people leaving the game to have a balanced game. It should be fair from the start but also give players an opportunity to team with their friends.

I definitely agree with ronnielei. The old system may have made it hard to queue with friends if not enough players joined, but I don't feel this new system makes the game better at all. If a party system was implemented, I think we could avoid the hassle of not getting our friends on the same team. For now, I'd be much more happy with the old queue system for Tower Defence. (Defense if you spell it like Americans) I do like the idea of having maps with smaller teams too though, but I wouldn't want to have a group of 4 waiting for a particular 4v4 map. For games like eggwars, you could switch lobbies until you find a map with a desirable team size easily, but I don't feel that would be the case for Tower Defence just because the number of lobbies for Tower Defence is usually much less than the number of lobbies running for eggwars. I'd rather have all maps be made into 4v4 maps or keep the maps the way they are now. As for the queue system, I feel strongly about having it changed back to the way it was before, but I'd easily settle for all maps being made into 4v4 or 3v3.

ronniewhy

Sep 15, 2016
Canada
I definitely agree with ronnielei. The old system may have made it hard to queue with friends if not enough players joined, but I don't feel this new system makes the game better at all. If a party system was implemented, I think we could avoid the hassle of not getting our friends on the same team. For now, I'd be much more happy with the old queue system for Tower Defence. (Defense if you spell it like Americans) I do like the idea of having maps with smaller teams too though, but I wouldn't want to have a group of 4 waiting for a particular 4v4 map. For games like eggwars, you could switch lobbies until you find a map with a desirable team size easily, but I don't feel that would be the case for Tower Defence just because the number of lobbies for Tower Defence is usually much less than the number of lobbies running for eggwars. I'd rather have all maps be made into 4v4 maps or keep the maps the way they are now. As for the queue system, I feel strongly about having it changed back to the way it was before, but I'd easily settle for all maps being made into 4v4 or 3v3.
Now that the party system has been released it has been much easier to get my teammates on the correct team however, this doesn't stop people who aren't on my team from joining and does not prevent the highly unbalanced matches. I would really enjoy to have options for smaller groups such as 3v3's or 4v4's like you suggested.

Reactions: Marieke2001

ronniewhy

Sep 15, 2016
Canada
Removed Block Wars queueing system from my suggestion as it is just as bad (maybe even worse) than the Tower Defence queueing system. The Block Wars team re-balancing is not something I would ever want to see in Tower Defence as it may ruin team coordination.

ymbmg

Jul 16, 2016
Eggwars has a completely separate board for maps with less players. While I don't think that 1v1 Tower Defense games should be implemented, I would like to see a separate board for smaller groups to play on; Same maps, just 3v3 instead of 6v6.

Injunction

Forum Expert
Sep 2, 2016
In A Box In San Francisco
Eggwars has a completely separate board for maps with less players. While I don't think that 1v1 Tower Defense games should be implemented, I would like to see a separate board for smaller groups to play on; Same maps, just 3v3 instead of 6v6.
Okay where are you getting this information about Eggwars because it isn't true
Also want too play maps withnless players
Simple buy a rank (granted I don't think there are any maps that have less players on a team)
But if there was then just buy a rank to look at the map selector

Last edited:

betty's oldies

Forum Expert
Simple buy a rank (granted I don't think there are any maps that have less players on a team
He means varied map sizes. That includes solo mode and various team sizes instead of just 1 team size.

betty's oldies

Forum Expert
Oh on the same map? Wait why on the same map
Couldn't you just look for the map you wanted and hoped people wouldn't join?
That's not practical. It's not fair to kick players out to begin with and it wouldn't be fun for the player to keep trying to get the game he wants for 30+ minutes or longer. The usual cases are for many players to join a single game room or a very few join one. The former happens after a game had just finished or during peak hours while the latter happens during downtime.

Injunction

Forum Expert
Sep 2, 2016
In A Box In San Francisco
That's not practical. It's not fair to kick players out to begin with and it wouldn't be fun for the player to keep trying to get the game he wants for 30+ minutes or longer. The usual cases are for many players to join a single game room or a very few join one. The former happens after a game had just finished or during peak hours while the latter happens during downtime.
yeah but most of the time there aren't a missing spots and there are multiple people who leave
I am not saying that what he is saying is invalid

ymbmg

Jul 16, 2016
Simple buy a rank (granted I don't think there are any maps that have less players on a team)
Nevermind, I must have been thinking about another game elsewhere.

Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

Reesle wrote on yrarrsboyincube's profile.
Welcome to the Forums! Happy to have you here! :)
Reesle wrote on UncleSpect's profile.
Congrats on 4.5K reaction score!! 🎉✨
Eli
I managed to put together a python script with the help of an AI friend of mine, I'm gonna make an updated version of the Global Reaction Score thread, this time, having counted all 352,348 forums users!!
Xi1m wrote on Casualpoalrbear's profile.
pinterest is a gold mine ong
IMG_9017.jpeg
Skylanders! I remember that I bought this pack (not my picture.) For Skylanders Super Chargers I recall that I played the game with my parents and little sister it was a blast and I enjoyed every second of it. We bought more of them and collected even more of them. Replayed the game many times and the levels. Good memories xD
Screenbits 2024-04-29_205054.png
Top Bottom