Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Should holding any listed item prevent GUIs from opening?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

UltraGameCoder

Novice Member
Mar 1, 2018
The Netherlands, Europe
Prevent Eggwars GUIs from opening whilst holding an pvp item.

Have you ever experienced a eggwars pvp fight where you had to eat your steak in order to heal but can;t eat because you right-clicked a generator, shop or chest with your food and opened up it's GUI?
This feels as an disadvantage in your fight and I totally understand it.

That's why I want to suggest that some items prevent you from opening the GUIs when holding certain items.

So I went testing which items I find very frustrating holding that can open up the generator's gui whilst I could be holding within a fight.
These are the items I came up with:
  • Food: (Steak(s), Carrot(s), (Enchanted) Golden Apple(s))
  • Armor: (Boot, Legging, Chestplate, Helmet) of all types (Leather, Chain, Iron, Diamond)
  • Shield (In main hand)
  • Blocks: (Stained_Clay, Glass)
  • Melee Weapons: (Swords (1.8 only))
  • Ranged Weapons: (Bows)
  • Miscellaneous: (Chest(s), TNT, Player Tracker(s))
If you think something is missing in the list above. Please let me know and I'll add it to my post!

Reactions: Anneum

UltraGameCoder

Novice Member
Mar 1, 2018
The Netherlands, Europe
Sorry for all of those choices you can make for the poll.
My first intention was to only ask for the generator GUis.
But when I realised I should make it about all GUIs I couldn't change the question anymore.

EDIT: The question and answers are fixed by Marieke.

Last edited:

xAutumn

Sep 22, 2019
Definitely agreeing with this, accidently blockhitting on the generators is so annoying, it almost makes you lose every fight/game.

MrTommy

Dedicated Member
Jul 3, 2019
Legoworld
www.instagram.com
Pronouns
He/Him
But what if you are mid figt and still have 10 diamonds to spend and your holdbar is full with all those items you mentioned then you can't open the shop unless you move 1 item in your inventory

Reactions: Rawrbin

UltraGameCoder

Novice Member
Mar 1, 2018
The Netherlands, Europe
But what if you are mid figt and still have 10 diamonds to spend and your holdbar is full with all those items you mentioned then you can't open the shop unless you move 1 item in your inventory

That's true. But it's very unlikely you don't have any slots available to click with in such situation.
Then fighting with propper gear it should be the best option to kill your enemy first.
Or collect those diamonds in any hotbar slot. Then you can use that slot to see how much diamond you got and open the GUI's.

MrTommy

Dedicated Member
Jul 3, 2019
Legoworld
www.instagram.com
Pronouns
He/Him
That's true. But it's very unlikely you don't have any slots available to click with in such situation.
Then fighting with propper gear it should be the best option to kill your enemy first.
Or collect those diamonds in any hotbar slot. Then you can use that slot to see how much diamond you got and open the GUI's.
So i will try to make it clear how my holdbar is set up when i am in late game. Every number stands for a holdbarslot
1. Sword 2. Blocks 3. Pickaxe 4. Food 5. Golden appels 6. Notch apples 7. Punch bow 8. Power bow 9. Enderpearl

UltraGameCoder

Novice Member
Mar 1, 2018
The Netherlands, Europe
So i will try to make it clear how my holdbar is set up when i am in late game. Every number stands for a holdbarslot
1. Sword 2. Blocks 3. Pickaxe 4. Food 5. Golden appels 6. Notch apples 7. Punch bow 8. Power bow 9. Enderpearl
Even so, you'd always have to somehow change your hotbar. for instance, I keep 2 slots at least for blocks and have to switch between golden apples and notch apples

Rawrbin

Dedicated Member
May 5, 2019
the Eastside of America
I think not all listed items should prevent this.
However BLOCKS and WEAPONS should.
The other items should remain like they are!
However this is a really good suggestion!
+1
EDIT: Shift Clicking with these items held in your hotbar should still open the GUI in my opinion.

UltraGameCoder

Novice Member
Mar 1, 2018
The Netherlands, Europe
I think not all listed items should prevent this.
However BLOCKS and WEAPONS should.
The other items should remain like they are!
However this is a really good suggestion!
+1
EDIT: Shift Clicking with these items held in your hotbar should still open the GUI in my opinion.

What about when trying to eat food.
Sneaking in order to still keep opening the GUI seems a good addon

Members Online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

UncleSpect wrote on xLucq's profile.
Happy birthday! 🎈
UncleSpect wrote on Mintypie231's profile.
Happy birthday! 🎈
Xi1m wrote on Mintypie231's profile.
happy birthday :3
Top Bottom