Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Should prefixes be visible on your gamertag?

• Yes

Votes: 11 100.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

TeamTMS

Jul 26, 2019
New Zealand
Hello there,
When a prefix is applied, it is only visible in the chat, not from when another user looks at your gamertag. I think it should be changed so that your prefix shows on your gamertag aswell, because that is usually what a player would expect to happen.
Prefixes would also gather more attention too, because if a player looks at another player and sees that they are a ‘Skywars Master’, the player would think “Oh, I want that. It might be available in the store,” and they can then get the SkyWars rank.
The prefixes could also be visible in the friends list (e.g. Invite [Archer] Steve to game), or when the player wins the game (e.g. [Archer] Steve has won the game), etc. After all, the definition of prefix is ‘visible everywhere’ (e.g. Sir Steve). The prefix would not be visible while you are in a game, just in the lobby.
Recently, the system was changed so that your username color is visible in the chat aswell as just your gamertag, so I feel it would only be logical to show your prefix on your gamertag aswell as in the chat, like it is in Java Edition.
Thanks for reading, let me know what you think :)

Now:
5AD2C9F2-AC15-4D36-A9E9-22E9AA03EBF1.jpeg

To be:
2D56CB14-13B9-4D52-B2EA-9949DBF21DCA.jpeg

Last edited:

Trueno

Jan 25, 2020
México.
Hello there,
When a prefix is applied, it is only visible in the chat, not from when another user looks at your gamertag. I think it should be changed so that your prefix shows on your gamertag aswell, because that is usually what a player would expect to happen.
Prefixes would also gather more attention too, because if a player looks at another player and sees that they are a ‘Skywars Master’, the player would think “Oh, I want that. It might be available in the store,” and they can then get the SkyWars rank.
The prefixes could also be visible in the friends list (e.g. Invite [Archer] Steve to game), or when the player wins the game (e.g. [Archer] Steve has won the game), etc. After all, the definition of prefix is ‘visible everywhere’ (e.g. Sir Steve).
Recently, the system was changed so that your username color is visible in the chat aswell as just your gamertag, so I feel it would only be logical to show your prefix on your gamertag aswell as in the chat, like it is in Java Edition.
Thanks for reading, let me know what you think :)

I see that you are from Bedrock, I have played in bedrock and it seems like a good idea, even though I don't know if it's the best, maybe it can be a bit annoying in the chat or on the screen.

Reactions: TeamTMS

TeamTMS

Jul 26, 2019
New Zealand
I see that you are from Bedrock, I have played in bedrock and it seems like a good idea, even though I don't know if it's the best, maybe it can be a bit annoying in the chat or on the screen.
Hi there,
Yeah, I can understand that you want to keep it as just their name on their gamertag, which totally understandable for simplicity sake. But there could be ways around it, like a setting that disables prefixes on usernames.
The Java Edition currently have this implemented, and there have been no problems so far. Some people find it interesting to see each other’s prefixes and some people find them annoying. Like trails and pets/buddies, gamertag prefixes would only be visible in the lobby, not while you’re playing a game, which allows you to quickly see their gamertag.
Thanks for your reply :)

Dubby Plays

Jul 13, 2019
Italy
youtu.be
In party modes the only prefix you see is the team he's part of.

BUT, they should really make possible for players with ranks to be seen on SkyWars Duos/Team of 4 when you talk on global chat or as spectator.

GratefulCoast

Jan 31, 2020
Prefixes should he added but only showed in lobby because they can be irritating some times so they should also be toggeable

Members Online

Members online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Eli wrote on matcha's profile.
Happy to see you around! :)
I got my first 20k kills in FFA!:D
20 000 kills in ffa picture 2.png
Reesle wrote on Maxminedigger's profile.
Happy Birthday! 🎈🧁
Livvv wrote on Maxminedigger's profile.
GRATTIS MAXI TAXIIIIIIIII!!!!!!!!!💕🎉🙌
JokeKaedee wrote on yousif1playz's profile.
Happy birthday c:
Top Bottom