Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Do you agree?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

InsaneOrbitzz

Nov 18, 2019
So this idea comes from a previous thread talking about purchasable prefixes.
The thread: https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/purchasable-prefixes.279814/

The point being that all these prefixes in chat are starting to look kind of messy.
Especially with the fact there's over 90 possible prefix choices.

So an idea myself and @pieterpeer came up with is to make prefixes above someone's head, fit to a set size (for every prefix) just under their name, rather than in chat.

This wouldn't apply to ranks linked to staff and YouTube rank.

This is since YouTube rank and staff rank, despite being rare, dont stand out too much anymore.
Also with the prefixes in chat, the long prefixes just dont look nice at all imo.

So make prefixes above heads rather than in chat is the idea, not applying to special ranks which will do both.

InsaneOrbitzz

Nov 18, 2019
i feel like this would make names too long, especially with prefixes like skywars master, just something to keep in mind
It would be just under the name. They can alter the text size so it fits into a box, and wont be too long.

• Love
Reactions: Dualninja

InsaneOrbitzz

Nov 18, 2019
Why not appear in chat and above heads?
I assume this is what you mean but:
"make prefixes above someone's head, fit to a set size (for every prefix) just under their name, rather than in chat."
Did you read the thread...

"The point being that all these prefixes in chat are starting to look kind of messy.

So an idea myself and @pieterpeer came up with is to make prefixes above someone's head, fit to a set size (for every prefix) just under their name, rather than in chat.

This is since YouTube rank and staff rank, despite being rare, dont stand out too much anymore.
Also with the prefixes in chat, the long prefixes just dont look nice at all imo."

Reactions: pieterpeer

quartz 🌈

Aug 12, 2020
the furry fandom

"The point being that all these prefixes in chat are starting to look kind of messy.

Also with the prefixes in chat, the long prefixes just dont look nice at all imo."
i like prefixes in chat tbh

Reactions: miguelitoindus

Conea64

Forum Expert
Jun 27, 2020
EUROPE
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him

But then surely it would just look messier in lobbies rather than in the chat?
Im assuming you mean:

[Nameexample69]
[skywars master]

And on a random note, do you want a specific ratio of name length compared to prefix size?

Vrachtschip

May 3, 2020
The Netherlands
Hi there!

This would be very nice if they change it!
I really hate the messy chat with all kind of prefixes and colors.
If they keep the names colored and add the prefixes underneath the names eerything would be clear.
But maybe they should remove the prefixes in-game. If I see someone in Eggwars with a whole essay above the player it would be very annoying.

In my opinion they already messed up with all kind of prefixes, but this is a way to fix it. They cant fix it all anymore, but this would be a nice change.

Kind regards,
Vrachtschip // Jeffrey

Reactions: Conea64

BiggestNoob7

Novice Member
Sep 29, 2020
India
I like the idea but as e said chat will look messy and I agree with that but it can be a great perk for YouTubers and Staff if they don't add above all players head they can atleast add this for yt and staff so it will stand out from others imo

pieterpeer

May 3, 2020
The Netherlands
I already mentioned this in the other thread, but I still wanted to mention here that I think that this is a really good idea.

I could understand that CubeCraft implemented this way back and that it's not that easy to change it because people already bought these prefixes, but this solution really improves the quality of the chat without removing these prefixes.

In my opinion the prefix (in chat) should say something about the player, the Moderator prefix for example. It's way harder to spot a moderator currently and overall it's really just a mess in my opinion. Just look at these screenshots:
1615128518365.png

Compared to CubeCraft Java chat:
1615129056046.png

SoundToTheThirdPower

Dedicated Member
Oct 25, 2019
Your imagination
www.youtube.com
Pronouns
She/Her
So this idea comes from a previous thread talking about purchasable prefixes.
The thread: https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/purchasable-prefixes.279814/

The point being that all these prefixes in chat are starting to look kind of messy.

Also with the prefixes in chat, the long prefixes just dont look nice at all imo.

So make prefixes above heads rather than in chat is the idea, not applying to special ranks which will do both.
I honestly like this idea, anything that brings more polish to the server is a good look

SoundToTheThirdPower

Dedicated Member
Oct 25, 2019
Your imagination
www.youtube.com
Pronouns
She/Her
I already mentioned this in the other thread, but I still wanted to mention here that I think that this is a really good idea.

I could understand that CubeCraft implemented this way back and that it's not that easy to change it because people already bought these prefixes, but this solution really improves the quality of the chat without removing these prefixes.

In my opinion the prefix (in chat) should say something about the player, the Moderator prefix for example. It's way harder to spot a moderator currently and overall it's really just a mess in my opinion. Just look at these screenshots:

Compared to CubeCraft Java chat:
Bri'ish? 🙀

Reactions: pieterpeer

Hazard

Forum Extraordinaire
May 5, 2020
Liverpool, Merseyside
Honestly, this is a nice idea.

I think the chat gets way too overcrowded on Bedrock with the current way prefixes are handled. While doing something like this we can also make staff members and content creators also stand out more against the large crowd we have on Bedrock. As sound mentioned, it would also make the chat look much more organized and polished. I don't see any inconsistencies with how this could be bad, as players will still get the prefixes they paid for, and staff/partners will also be more noticeable.

As well as this, if prefixes are above or in a player's name it means a player can easily tell if someone who is flying is a VIP who needs reporting or a staff member/partner. There would likely be a system added into place here so it only shows when you get close enough to those players with prefixes, but this would be to save a player's performance on their device as well as server resources.

These prefixes would only be available within the lobbies and not within any of the actual games. To add these in game would look weird.

With that being said I think this idea does deserve to be escalated and be looked into in more detail.

Last edited:

pieterpeer

May 3, 2020
The Netherlands
Honestly, this is a nice idea.

I think the chat gets way too overcrowded on Bedrock with the current way prefixes are handled. While doing something like this we can also make staff members and content creators also stand out more against the large crowd we have on Bedrock. As sound mentioned, it would also make the chat look much more organized and polished. I don't see any inconsistencies with how this could be bad, as players will still get the prefixes they paid for, and staff/partners will also be more noticeable.

As well as this, if prefixes are above or in a player's name it means a player can easily tell if someone who is flying is a VIP who needs reporting or a staff member/partner. There would likely be a system added into place here so it only shows when you get close enough to those players with prefixes, but this would be to save a player's performance on their device as well as server resources.

With that being said I think this idea does deserve to be escalated and be looked into in more detail.
Thanks for escalating this!
I think it would be way less confusing for new players if the prefixes were moved. With CubeCraft's expanding Bedrock staff team it would be a great idea to have prefixes (in chat) actually have something to say about the player.

Prefixes above the player's heads ingame could be a problem though, because of the health indicator that already exists. Having prefixes only visible in the lobbies would honestly be the best option imo, which would totally make sense because trails are also only visible in the lobbies.

Reactions: Vrachtschip
Top Bottom